Carl, Please Take Down The Hurricane Magnet

Gilbert

26 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

What the hell are you doing over there in east Texas Carl?  Please take down your hurricane magnet. 

Honestly, we've been on the generator twice this season.  We've been throwing chicken bones to keep the storms away.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well shoot, I don't see it now.....  at around 5am this morning I did like usual and turned on my phone (Samsung) and looked at the weather. A graphic at the bottom of the screen showed a hurricane in the gulf, well south of Brownsville, but not quite the Carib. It showed a projected path headed right toward your area (TX/LA border).

Guess it was the previous hurricane and I still had sleep in my eyes, so never mind, and carry-on soldiers.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Honestly, we've been on the generator twice this season.  We've been throwing chicken bones to keep the storms away.

Might want to try throwing something else, it's somewhat working but they are still pretty close.

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

When you get to the point of throwing virgins into the volcano....  please let me know.

Might work but they are rare.

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

(calmly awaiting to see how this gets turned around into another bit**slap on me)

:unsure:

We could turn anything into one, but we like to let things calm down a little then bam you get slapped. 

Just so you know everytime it happens we get commision, your wife keeps a running tab, she thinks it's funny. My wife just never thought of it yet, but it would make her day also.

1 hour ago, Gilbert said:

Guess it was the previous hurricane and I still had sleep in my eyes, so never mind, and carry-on soldiers.

Just a flashback, it did happen pretty often. I think we had 3 heading towards us, then 2 went to W louisiana and one E of us on the coast, YES we really do appreciate it. 

Like everyone says anywhere but here.

:lol: I saw one here on the southside of Charlotte in early 2004 when I was still climatized for Central FL being here for less than a year.

Sideways at 50 mph snow for hours with lightning, thunder rattling things and the roof creaking with 28 inches on it by nighttime. Got more in the SC suburbs 20 miles south of us.

Never in my life and probably never again. Good thing it went up to 40 the next day at lunch because rooves weren't built for that kind of weight here.

I got the 28 from a flat spot on the back patio, cars, bushes, neighbors homes were blobs the next morning. very cool looking. If we did not have a sliding glass door I wouldn't have been able to crawl out of the house!

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

:lol: I saw one here on the southside of Charlotte in early 2004 when I was still climatized for Central FL being here for less than a year.

Sideways at 50 mph snow for hours with lightning, thunder rattling things and the roof creaking with 28 inches on it by nighttime. Got more in the SC suburbs 20 miles south of us.

Never in my life and probably never again. Good thing it went up to 40 the next day at lunch because rooves weren't built for that kind of weight here.

I got the 28 from a flat spot on the back patio, cars, bushes, neighbors homes were blobs the next morning. very cool looking. If we did not have a sliding glass door I wouldn't have been able to crawl out of the house!

I used to work on an icebreaking ship -- I've been in some hellacious snow storms. 

• Like 1