Got my first pair of passive speakers RP-600M

LuLu

Just wanna say hello to the community.

I got my first pair of passive speakers.

Did some research online and choose Klipsch.

RP-600M, and Echo Link Amp

I know it's just a start. But still, I'm amazed by the sound I got.

Edited by LuLu
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, LuLu said:

Just wanna say hello to the community.

I got my first pair of passive speakers.

RP-600M, and Echo Link Amp

I know it's just a start. But still, I'm amazed by the sound I got.

Welcome to the forum! I 've owned the RP160M speakers, which are very similar, for 2 years. They are in my living room. They've gotten even better since I got them.

The Echo Link Amp doesn't get very positive reviews sound quality wise. https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/amazon-echo-link-amp

The reviewer in the link above may be biassed, though.

Still, if you have any other amplifier in the house, you should try it with your new speakers.

The RP600Ms are great with vintage solid state amps too. If you are lucky, you can pick one up for little or no money. Or a relative or friend may have one unused.

Anyhow, you did a really smart investment and you are looking at many years of musical enjoyment.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, LuLu said:

RP-600M,

Welcome to the forums!

I also have a pair of RP-600M.  They punch above their weight especially with a sub.  You can use them as mains or surrounds and they sound great if you don't go to crazy loud.  regular loud they sound really good.

591494550_RP-600Mbi-amprightsideview_800.thumb.jpg.b8712124600503367435c1ae83b68773.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/20/2020 at 1:01 AM, ILI_MeloManiac said:

Welcome to the forum! I 've owned the RP160M speakers, which are very similar, for 2 years. They are in my living room. They've gotten even better since I got them.

The Echo Link Amp doesn't get very positive reviews sound quality wise. https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/amazon-echo-link-amp

The reviewer in the link above may be biassed, though.

Still, if you have any other amplifier in the house, you should try it with your new speakers.

The RP600Ms are great with vintage solid state amps too. If you are lucky, you can pick one up for little or no money. Or a relative or friend may have one unused.

Anyhow, you did a really smart investment and you are looking at many years of musical enjoyment.

Hi, Thank you so much for your advice. Now I have used my system for one month, and I do have some clue about it.

I only use my system to listen to music.

I made my decision to choose this amp based on AudioScienceReview's review. (By the way, they are criticizing RP-600M's crossover hard)
The Echo Link Amp is the cheapest power amp with 80+ SINAD.

And I do think WhatHiFi gives a good review. The Bluetooth is bad sound and annoying to use. The amp (via Bluetooth) also has a lag issue and intermittently stop and go. I won't recommend it to anyone who wants a 'smart speaker amp', the SONOS should be way better.

However, if and only if, when I using my Topping E30 to feed the amp, it does sound amazingly well. I would say, it's beyond my perception. Especially considering the cost ($209.99 on Prime-day).

Because I got my RP-600M from eBay and only cost me $2XX/pair. So I've also limited my amp budget.

This is just my first pair of speaker, I don't want to spend too much money until I have a more clear idea about what I want.

And my thought on the next step will be.

0. Make up my mind to buy a pair of stands. I couldn't understand how the stands are so expensive. (Now using 'Bookshelf')
1. Get an SVS sub. Probably the SB-2000.

I've tried a Klipsch R12SW, Costco has them on sale for $149. Sounds good. But not deep enough. Yes, I'm talking about 'Bass I love you'. Normal music doesn't need an infrasonic response, but SVS advertising is so addictive.
2. Get another Echo Link Amp (Or something better like Schiit.), and Bi-Amp/Active-Crossing my RP-600M with miniDSP.

3. Begin my audiophile life and dump money into it. Planning to get the Genelec SAM system. However, I don't think I really can tell the difference. The Klipsch really sounds AMAZING!

Edited by LuLu

8 hours ago, LuLu said:

Hi, Thank you so much for your advice. Now I have used my system for one month, and I do have some clue about it.

I only use my system to listen to music.

I made my decision to choose this amp based on AudioScienceReview's review. (By the way, they are criticizing RP-600M's crossover hard)
The Echo Link Amp is the cheapest power amp with 80+ SINAD.

And I do think WhatHiFi gives a good review. The Bluetooth is bad sound and annoying to use. The amp (via Bluetooth) also has a lag issue and intermittently stop and go. I won't recommend it to anyone who wants a 'smart speaker amp', the SONOS should be way better.

However, if and only if, when I using my Topping E30 to feed the amp, it does sound amazingly well. I would say, it's beyond my perception. Especially considering the cost ($209.99 on Prime-day).

Because I got my RP-600M from eBay and only cost me $2XX/pair. So I've also limited my amp budget.

This is just my first pair of speaker, I don't want to spend too much money until I have a more clear idea about what I want.

And my thought on the next step will be.

0. Make up my mind to buy a pair of stands. I couldn't understand how the stands are so expensive. (Now using 'Bookshelf')
1. Get an SVS sub. Probably the SB-2000.

I've tried a Klipsch R12SW, Costco has them on sale for $149. Sounds good. But not deep enough. Yes, I'm talking about 'Bass I love you'. Normal music doesn't need an infrasonic response, but SVS advertising is so addictive.
2. Get another Echo Link Amp (Or something better like Schiit.), and Bi-Amp/Active-Crossing my RP-600M with miniDSP.

3. Begin my audiophile life and dump money into it. Planning to get the Genelec SAM system. However, I don't think I really can tell the difference. The Klipsch really sounds AMAZING!

I tried bi-wiring myself and the difference was minimal or placebo. 

Bi-amping is usually done for large speaker systems with huge woofers that would draw lots of power from the amp. That's why subwoofers have their own amplification, BTW. Bi-amping bookshelf speakers will have little or no effect imo. It's like installing 4 wheel drive on a lawnmower... 😉

In my honest opinion, your next investment should be in the Klipsch Heritage line. Try to find something used. If you live in the US, keep an eye on the garage sale section of this forum. Great deals are out there! 

On 11/15/2020 at 12:37 AM, LuLu said:

Why not make the stands by yourself. I mean, if you have any skills, gluing a few boards together will be a piece of cake.

You can also make them to your preferred dimensions.