Klipsch Chorus II - $800 (NW Fort Wayne Union Chapel)

opusk2k9

3 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I think that your spreadsheet is great, as it is. It would be interesting if there were more points. Adding the points of location, time of year, upgrades and such would show trends,

All that information is in there.  Click on any cell with a red triangle in the corner and you can see all that information and more.  Here are my notes from a La Scala cell I picked at random.  The + sign means upgraded.  Two ++ signs mean major upgrades such as XO mods and drivers swapped out.  I include s/n's when available.

Cond B++ - Birch veneer
1990 w/top grill
Crites A/4500 crossover
Crites CT-125 tweeter
K-55-M mid
Camdenton, MO
Klipsch Garage Sale only
10/11/17

What the spreadsheet does not do is average the last 5 sales, the last 10, etc.  Historic information can be relevant but recent sales might be more helpful.

+++

The people who are regular posters here are more knowledgeable than the average person or people new to the Klipsch used market.  The latter group needs the most help with regards to models and pricing.

• Like 2

How exactly does one scam a local sale? Robs you gun point when you arrive to see the speakers...at his own home?

Or did I miss something and he wants to ship only? So you pay and then you get your tracking order and you receive an envelope with the photo of the chorus II lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Maximus89 said:

How exactly does one scam a local sale? Robs you gun point when you arrive to see the speakers...at his own home?

Or did I miss something and he wants to ship only? So you pay and then you get your tracking order and you receive an envelope with the photo of the chorus II lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

When I talked to him there was no mention of doing anything sketchy pay wise. We talked at length back and forth about the speakers and even all the different amps he's ran them with and his thoughts on them. He came off as completely legit and I had no qualms driving there and paying him in cash for them. That's why I'm genuinely scratching my head trying to figure out exactly how this scam would have played out... The whole thing is so strange. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rbrock83 said:

When I talked to him there was no mention of doing anything sketchy pay wise. We talked at length back and forth about the speakers and even all the different amps he's ran them with and his thoughts on them. He came off as completely legit and I had no qualms driving there and paying him in cash for them. That's why I'm genuinely scratching my head trying to figure out exactly how this scam would have played out... The whole thing is so strange. 

It is looking like the speaker sale was legit, nothing sketchy. 

The ad's details were written by someone who knows about the speakers, not a scammer's work. You talked with him on more than one occasion, plus emailed and such.

It was looking like a scam for a few reasons - (1) when he stopped replying to you; (2) when he re-listed them for less, and (3) then the ebay picture: Same picture, states away from each other. 

(1) He might not have liked what you pointed out and, maybe, felt that you were trying to beat on the price. 

(2) He probably had a lot of people responding, thought they would have sold, had to list them again due to the no-shows... it happens

(3) If one clicks on "see other items" that the ebay seller is offering, he has lots of pictures of his risers in other people's music rooms. I believe it just so happens that the ebay seller is using the speaker seller's picture.  

Have you called him to ask if they sold?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danger Duck said:

Perhaps "Chuck" has a brother in Fort Wayne ('cause this kind of sounds familiar, no?)?  

Too many details about the speakers, and Rbrock said that he had a civil conversation with the seller. Civil doesn't run in Chuck's DNA. 😁

16 hours ago, Rbrock83 said:

When I talked to him there was no mention of doing anything sketchy pay wise. We talked at length back and forth about the speakers and even all the different amps he's ran them with and his thoughts on them. He came off as completely legit 

Oh I don't know, Chuck started out civil with me on a set of speakers (hadn't learned about Mr. Personality, yet)..... but as Woof'nTweet' correctly alluded to, it deteriorated quickly (I saved a Voice Mail he left me from about 3 years ago, because, 😨WOW, just WOW).......

Was just having a bit of fun, but agree with WnT's assessment.

Edited by Danger Duck
added txt
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Danger Duck said:

Oh I don't know, Chuck started out civil with me on a set of speakers (hadn't learned about Mr. Personality, yet)..... but as Woof'nTweet' correctly alluded to, it deteriorated quickly (I saved a Voice Mail he left me from about 3 years ago, because, 😨WOW, just WOW).......

Was just having a bit of fun, but agree with WnT's assessment.

Yea Chuck is a wackjob, I got a death threat from Chuck once after a couple emails, he wanted my cell number, glad I didn't give it to him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

It is looking like the speaker sale was legit, nothing sketchy. 

The ad's details were written by someone who knows about the speakers, not a scammer's work. You talked with him on more than one occasion, plus emailed and such.

It was looking like a scam for a few reasons - (1) when he stopped replying to you; (2) when he re-listed them for less, and (3) then the ebay picture: Same picture, states away from each other. 

(1) He might not have liked what you pointed out and, maybe, felt that you were trying to beat on the price. 

(2) He probably had a lot of people responding, thought they would have sold, had to list them again due to the no-shows... it happens

(3) If one clicks on "see other items" that the ebay seller is offering, he has lots of pictures of his risers in other people's music rooms. I believe it just so happens that the ebay seller is using the speaker seller's picture.  

Have you called him to ask if they sold?  

I messaged him, he says he did in fact list them. A moment of "temporary insanity"; he found other speakers he wanted to try out and figured making the choruses sell quick would push him in that direction. 

Frustrating, as I tried on two different occasions to pay him hundreds more for them. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Someone got a crazy deal I guess....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rbrock83 said:

I messaged him, he says he did in fact list them. A moment of "temporary insanity"; he found other speakers he wanted to try out and figured making the choruses sell quick would push him in that direction. 

Frustrating, as I tried on two different occasions to pay him hundreds more for them. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Someone got a crazy deal I guess....

Other deals will be coming down the pike...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rbrock83 said:

Just keep hitting refresh. There is a good chance they will appear again. If the new owner paid the asking or lower, and that guy wants to double his money, you could see them listed for $1600. Make an offer of $1400,  or whatever you were originally willing to pay for them, and you got what you wanted for what you offered the original owner.

13 minutes ago, Rbrock83 said:

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys, I ended up getting a mint pair of chorus 1s, an hour away from me, shortly afterwards so I'm quite content atm. I'll jump on a pair of 2s one day when the right deal comes along 🤞

Congrats...you will really like it,

I just know these things. Awesome speakers...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rbrock83 said:

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys, I ended up getting a mint pair of chorus 1s, an hour away from me, shortly afterwards so I'm quite content atm. I'll jump on a pair of 2s one day when the right deal comes along 🤞

The Chicago ones? They looked great!

• Like 1