Give them some time.  My new Heresy IVs were much better after 3 days of bass heavy music (dub step, actually) with all the bass boost I could find (but not that loud and with the door shut).  🤣  The woofers are stiff when new and their suspensions loosen with time.  They did not change after 5 days of such treatment. 

You just might be the poster from the most distant place! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MDJAK said:

I just replaced RF7II with Cornwall IV and couldn’t be happier. They are incredible. Bass is fine, but I have two subs nonetheless as I use my system for music and movies. My speakers are not in a corner. The soundstage is awesome, especially the way vocals come from dead center when my center channel is not even playing. I’m super impressed. Hope you get yours sorted out. Might I suggest you get, if you don’t have it, the Sheffield Track record/cd which has some excellent bass.  That will tell you if you have an issue or not. 

Here’s my setup:

CA761A73-B9EF-4C27-AC05-822A32325603.jpeg

Hello MDJAK, which Sheffiled cd do you mean ?  The sheffield lab drum record ?  

Ok, i just have seen your second post .. it's the jim keltner and Ron Tute drum record ..

Edited by SpeedLimit

3 minutes ago, SpeedLimit said:

still not yet ... at the moment I'm still disappointed with the result

Have you looked at the basic stuff....(I'm sure you have) jumpers installed on the input connectors on the back of the speakers, amp settings? Do the mids/highs sound normal?

You're right, at the back I still have the jumpers because my old HMS Capriccio cables (bi-wiring) are out of order for the moment.

I will try to go back to bi-wiring with 2 pairs of separate cables

My amp is 25 class A power and then 125 class AB .. that should be enough for my CW

Now my CW IV sounds like small boxes 🤥

Edited by SpeedLimit

yes, I bought them from a Klipsch dealer on my little Island, a store. He sells B&W, French speakers like JMLab Utopia, Elipson and others.

But it does not have heritage series speakers in store, it only makes to order.

I tried with other amps .. a Hiraga 2 x 20w class A, a denon avr3808 home cinema amplifier, I can test with 2 mono blocks VIncent SP991 more.

Those factory jumpers should be fine. If it's lacking that much in the bass department, almost sounds like bad wiring or crossovers, it does happen, but kind of odd both speakers are affected. Did the sound ever change when you tried the other amps? Would you consider opening up a speaker and look at the wiring? Probably need to get your dealer and Klipsch support involved. I know this is a bummer. 

3 minutes ago, SpeedLimit said:

A lot of people tell me to wait a bit, that the speakers are going to work better in a month or two. I have some doubts but I don't have much choice.

While I agree that there is some truth in breaking in speakers, especially woofer and subs, I'm not convinced your situation is only a breaking in problem. I don't see it becoming a night and day difference, hopefully I'm wrong. 

I heard of Reunion Island, but wasn't sure where it's at...it sure looks beautiful there.

6 minutes ago, SpeedLimit said:

A lot of people tell me to wait a bit, that the speakers are going to work better in a month or two. I have some doubts but I don't have much choice.

Play them bad boys and sooner than you think, the bass will come alive.Others say so...so go with it and get back to us in a couple of more days. The volume control is your friend. Those are awesome speakers I read... congrats and welcome to the Klipch forums, the home of loudspeaker design!

As others have noted above, most likely the problem is not the amps or the wiring or breaking in time (those are all relatively small effects). The most likely culprit is the cabinet interacting with the room. Spend some time (and it can be tedious), experimenting with the placement of both the speakers and the listener's position. Especially try them closer to a wall or two walls (corner). 

Good luck,

-Tom

10 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

As others have noted above, most likely the problem is not the amps or the wiring or breaking in time (those are all relatively small effects). The most likely culprit is the cabinet interacting with the room. Spend some time (and it can be tedious), experimenting with the placement of both the speakers and the listener's position. Especially try them closer to a wall or two walls (corner). 

Good luck,

-Tom

Yes you are right, i will also try this .. thank you to all who try to help me , and sorry for my bad american speaking .. i hope you understand me

Edited by SpeedLimit
  • Like 1