17 hours ago, mustang_flht said:

Hi,

Search here :

https://www.klipsch.com/dealers

Where in Scandinavia ? Sweden, Norway, Denmark ? 

Thanks, I’m in Sweden and I know of dealers in Stockholm but that’s a 5 hour drive (single journey) from where I live. When the Covid situation comes under control I’m going. 

I have called dealers and talked to them but they tend to try and talk me out of the idea of buying Klipsch, instead they recommend other brands, one suggested Dynaudio, another suggested going for the JBL L100 classic. Dynaudio is not a speaker that is particularly fun (although they are usually forgiving of bad recordings). I have heard the JBL L100 classic and that speaker is very engaging with scale and dynamics, to me it sounded awesome with classical music and jazz. On the downside, I found them to be harsh with classic rock and other rock music, live recordings (even good ones) sounded flat and not engaging at all. At low volumes they were not engaging at all. Not sure if the CW4 will provide what’s good with the JBL and fix what I did not like, but I do want a speaker that can bring scale and dynamics. There’s a dealer admitting that the Klipsch are great fun and to me that’s what it’s all about, I’ll visit them later on. In the mean time I’m trying to see what people like about their CW IVs (and perhaps what they don’t like). 

• Like 1

Hi,

I had the same problem as you in 2016. When I bought my Cornwall IIIs, no one was selling them in France, I found them in Germany at 12 o'clock (one way) from home, in addition they were not in the store, but in boxes packed at the importer. Impossible to go listen to them, I ordered the speakers on the net with closed ears. And I was right, because not only did the price double a few months later (from 3000 to 6000 € the pair) but the sound is really what I was looking for: a dynamic and lively sound, good with all music: from Rock to Jazz, and Classic, from acoustic to electric. If you are really interested then take the step, but only you have the answer to know if it is worth it. I think the biggest flaw is that the speakers take a long time to break in, and a lot of people listen to them new out of the box saying they're stiff and lacking in bass, it creates a bad reputation especially now with the internet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Quelle est leur info? Ou un lien?

Hi @dwilawyer

I bought mine in 2016 in Germany, the importer is Osiris Audio, there is their brand on the packaging of my photo.  https://osirisaudio.de/produkt-kategorie/klipsch-heritage-series/

The store which is 20km (12.5 Miles) from my home is Iacono in Nîmes, France

2kqk.jpg

https://www.iacono.fr/fr/content/12-notre-magasin

Nb: I don't know what they have at the moment like Heritage in the store, on the Klipsch.com site it says La Scala, Heresy and Klipschorn and I know that in 2020 he also had Forte III and CWIII Special Edition East Indian Rosewood that they sold at the end of 2020. With Covid 19 the store does not receive the public for a simple visit, they only do internet sales or visits by appointment for a purchase.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i can buy a SAE 2200 amp ... do you think it could be fine for my CW IV or my La Scala clones ?

another seller has a McIntosh MC2120 , a little more expensive.   Which from these two amps would you put on the Klipsch speakers ?  or none of both ?

• Like 1

The SAE more than decent quality. Compare online if possible.

SAE nowadays almost totally high end.

Vintage SAE,  abit harder to service.

If can verify and the economics dictates, would not shy away from.

Good fortune...

21 minutes ago, SpeedLimit said:

it is an old SAE .. have tried it at the seller's home with preamp (pre-out) of an old sharp optonica sm3000 and klipsch RF7 mkIII. Sounded very fine.

but will it be the same in my home ? that's the question

Indeed... Can you trial it?

23 minutes ago, SpeedLimit said:

it is an old SAE .. have tried it at the seller's home with preamp (pre-out) of an old sharp optonica sm3000 and klipsch RF7 mkIII. Sounded very fine.

but will it be the same in my home ? that's the questioIs ji

Is it an amp then or a preamp ?

1 minute ago, SpeedLimit said:

Thé sharp optinica sm3000 is a amp but with a pre-out output ans was used as a preamp on thé SAE 2200 amp

To be sure then, and after all is said and done with research what do you think.

The Mac is certainly a known product.

How can we help?

Just now, SpeedLimit said:

Just to know what you think about old sae amps

Think they are solid but can fail.

My amp was solid along with the pre.

More mainstream with the Mac.

Economics may dictate your decision, along with SAE information which can still be found. At least, last I looked.