Klipsch surround system

AlfaScott

I am planning out my speaker system for a new home theater setup.  I am thinking about the following combination for a 5.1.4 system:

RP-280F for fronts

RP-450C for center(maybe RP-600C)

Klipsch R-120SW sub

CDT-5650-C-II for atmos(qty of 4)

R-5800-W-ii for surround(qty of 2)

Does this sound like a good combination?  Any suggestions for alternates?

If not Klipsch, I am considering Elac Debut 2.0 or Emotiva Airmotiv speakers.

Thanks,

Scott

It looks like a great set up.  Depending on what you like, I'm not sure if one 12-inch subwoofer will be enough for you.  I was using the RP-5000f as my fronts will only 5.25 woofers with one 120-SPL, which is similar to 120-SW, and it was ok.  It was a decent balance.  I added a second 120-SPL and the bass definitely sounded more filled out.

The RP-280f's are bigger speakers than the 5000f and you might want a subwoofer that can keep up.  You might start with one 12 inch and later add another.  It is a big price jump to a 15 inch, but if it's in your budget, you might consider it.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2020 at 12:19 PM, Duncan said:

It looks like a great set up.  Depending on what you like, I'm not sure if one 12-inch subwoofer will be enough for you.  I was using the RP-5000f as my fronts will only 5.25 woofers with one 120-SPL, which is similar to 120-SW, and it was ok.  It was a decent balance.  I added a second 120-SPL and the bass definitely sounded more filled out.

The RP-280f's are bigger speakers than the 5000f and you might want a subwoofer that can keep up.  You might start with one 12 inch and later add another.  It is a big price jump to a 15 inch, but if it's in your budget, you might consider it.

Great advice....