Broken Tweeter First Day. KL-650 LCR

javierg

Hello from Spain.

First of all, sorry for my English. I´ll try to do my best

My name is Javier, I´m 51 and I do my job as A/V Journalist in a couple of spanish magazines since 2005. I am also a Certified ISF Technician since 2.010.

I´m a proud owner of a couple of Palladium PB17 speakers for five years combined with a RC64 MKII center channel that have offered me hundred of pleasant hours listening concerts and watching movies.

During last months I´ve working in a new Test Room for my tests, with a new Optoma Laser Projector, and a 7.2.4 Atmos system based on a Denon 1600 AVR and a Parasound A23 (2x125 @ 8 Ohms) external power amplifier for front channels, plus an arrangement of four PRO-24RW LCR as celing atmos (Top Front and Top Rear)  speakers, four Jamo D 500 LCR THX, as bed surround and back surround speakers, and three KLIPSCH KL-650  LCR THX Ultra2 Speakers for front and center channels, purchased 15 days ago through the Spanish Official Klipsch Distributor

Finally, yesterday I could end the installation and set up of all the system with the appropriate Audissey calibration. I´ve made -since yesterday afternoon- the break-in period of speakers for almost 24 hours, and today, after completing a Level Test Tone of all speakers with my sonometer to adjust  properly and the most accurate way the level signal of all system, I have started to enjoy Hans Zimmer Live in Prague Atmos BD and after that, Metallica Through the Never Atmos OST with a loud SPL during the reproduction of Master of Puppets and Nothing Else Matters.   

After that, I have made the change of the disc for the Shakira Live in Paris BD, but the treble voice of Shakira during "Je l´aime a mourir" seems too low. I have made a new Level Test Tone with the Denon tool and my surprise has been confirmed. The highs of the left channel were out. Died. Kaput.

I can´t believe.

The SPL in my new test room is not higher than the SPL that I use to have in my old installation with the Palladium-RC 64 MKII ensemble.

Could anyone help me with this matter?

Thaks in advance for you support.

Kind regards, Javier G.

Edited by javierg
apoligizes of my English