Chorus II tweeter polarity

soulpianoman

Hello! Apologies as I'm sure this has been answered somewhere before but I am having difficulty finding the answer to this question digging through the forums.  This is the schematic that seems to pop up everywhere when a search for the Chorus II schematic is performed.  I am scratching my head on this - is the polarity correct on the tweeter or is this a mistake on the schematic?  

chorus ii schematic.jpg

• Like 1

I rebuilt the crossovers and changed to the Crites titanium diaphragms on this pair of Chorus II and want to make sure I'm hooking up the tweeters correctly to the newly built crossovers.  The positive terminal is marked clearly on the new diaphragm, but I was just wanting to confirm that the schematic was correct in the photo above.  Unless I am reading it wrong, it looks like the Chorus 1 schematic shows the positive of the tweeter going through the 2uf cap, 1 leg of the inductor and the other 2uf cap to the positive input.  The Chorus II shows the negative of the tweeter going through the 2uf cap, 1 let of the inductor and the other 2 uf cap to the positive input.  I wondered why it would be different on the chorus II?

Thanks @randyh000.  It looks like Bob builds them according to the chorus 2 schematic above (I think...the black wires are hard to trace!).  I checked the chorus 1 picture on the Crites site and it looks like that the tweeter polarity is reversed (compared to the chorus 2) on it also in accordance with the schematic on the chorus 1 posted above - so both schematics must be correct.  Wonder why the tweeter polarity difference between the two as they are almost the same with slight value differences?  Much appreciation and thanks to you both for the help!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, billybob said:

Not necessarily...

from what I gather the Chorus 1 can be placed anywhere whereas the Chorus 2 having a rear radiator cannot -

https://f072605def1c9a5ef179-a0bc3fbf1884fc0965506ae2b946e1cd.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/product-specsheets/Chorus-brochure.pdf

https://f072605def1c9a5ef179-a0bc3fbf1884fc0965506ae2b946e1cd.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/product-specsheets/Chorus-II-brochure.pdf

• Like 2

2 hours ago, billybob said:

@jjptkd ...if time look at this thread... thanks.

1 hour ago, 314carpenter said:

Polarity is reversed on the crossover side (within the network). The schematic is correct. You should not be reversing the polarity at the driver terminal.

@314carpenter is correct here everything is worked out inside the crossover so when hooked up positive to positive and negative to negative the tweeter is actually wired out of phase as Klipsch intended with this design. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, jjptkd said:

@314carpenter is correct here everything is worked out inside the crossover so when hooked up positive to positive and negative to negative the tweeter is actually wired out of phase as Klipsch intended with this design. 

Thanks for your viewing. When in doubt, called for assistance.

Appreciate it...