Tuba Sub Info Needed

RickBrun

I am new here, I have just started researching how to build a tuba sub. I am looking for all the info you guys can send my way. My current setup is a pair of LSI Splits and a pair of KP 480's. I just picked up another 480 and I was wondering if the driver and xover would be suitable to use for a tuba? Also, anyone have a good diagram of the box design. I have a large shop 2000 sq.ft. that I listen to my system in so the box can be as large as it needs to be within reason lol. I am looking to get the bass as deep as possible.

22 hours ago, RickBrun said:

I am new here, I have just started researching how to build a tuba sub. I am looking for all the info you guys can send my way. My current setup is a pair of LSI Splits and a pair of KP 480's. I just picked up another 480 and I was wondering if the driver and xover would be suitable to use for a tuba? Also, anyone have a good diagram of the box design. I have a large shop 2000 sq.ft. that I listen to my system in so the box can be as large as it needs to be within reason lol. I am looking to get the bass as deep as possible.

Deepest extending tuba is the THT or THTLP.

• Like 1

Thanks Rockhound. I ordered the Tuba 60 drawings last night. I love the 480's, I can bounce the slab in my shop with them. I just want to hear what 25hz feels / sounds like. Looks like I would use the Dayton 15" sub driver and keep my 3rd 480 intact. I LOVE bass!

1 hour ago, RickBrun said:

Thanks Rockhound. I ordered the Tuba 60 drawings last night. I love the 480's, I can bounce the slab in my shop with them. I just want to hear what 25hz feels / sounds like. Looks like I would use the Dayton 15" sub driver and keep my 3rd 480 intact. I LOVE bass!

The tuba 60 is down 15 db at 25 hz.  Tht or the thtlp is only down 5db.

• Like 1