La Scala !!!

OCBob

Perhaps his neighbor is his (single) in law??

I had one shipped to me once (15 years ago)  Cost something like $200 for shipping alone if I recall.  Sender did a wonderful boxing job.

I shipped a Danley DTS-10 to California.  Was the white glove treatment....they came out, picked it up, packaged it and delivered it.  Buyer paid for it so I'm unaware of costs.

Look into Uship and ask that the seller or shipper wrap them in shipping blankets. 

Which Orange County are you in?  At their typical value, I'd go get them if you're not in CA.  And I might even then.  They will both fit in the back of many SUVs.  Mine fit in the back of my 2-door Explorer, sideways. 

I checked into Uship a couple of months ago. The standard insurance is .40/lb and if you add additional coverage look at the fine print for deductibles and such. I was shipping speakers valued at 6K and when the dust settled I could only insure them for a fraction of that cost. I had to pass.

2 hours ago, JohnA said:

Look into Uship and ask that the seller or shipper wrap them in shipping blankets. 

Which Orange County are you in?  At their typical value, I'd go get them if you're not in CA.  And I might even then.  They will both fit in the back of many SUVs.  Mine fit in the back of my 2-door Explorer, sideways. 

There's no *them*, just *the*.

Forward Air was the least expensive way to ship the late lamented Cornwall vault.  Google them for information.  Feel free to send PM for more details of my experiences.

FWIW, the metal vault was bolted to a pallet.  It and the pallet weighed nearly 100# empty.  It was years ago now, but the cost was way below other ways to ship, but there were hoops to jump through.

1464659421_vault1.JPG.b856d32e872f5f8d495e59cb9a51302e.JPG

1525742770_vault2.JPG.e1b79712230c6e09481a70b82d42305b.JPG

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

I moved a pair on LS in the back of a 2007 Subaru Forester. They rested well on a blanket on their backs. At 30 plus mpg it was a cheap ride.

I moved a pair in a Nissan Versa Note. Just enough "extra" room to wrap them in moving blankets. ... and got 40mpg+

note

these were plywood models... MDF models will not fit in the Versa.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's here!!!  Wow, it sounds Incredible.  I took it apart at a friends suggestion and lined the bass bin with Kilmat and put it back together.  I'm driving in with a Sansui AU-9500 amp.  All the hype is true, it's one of the finest speakers ever made.  Shipping from Ohio to California was $180, not bad.  

I could not be happier, and as a bonus, I found another single Black La Scala in similar condition!  

Woo-Hoo!!!!

DSC_0056.JPG

• Like 1