La Scala !!!

OCBob

Years ago, I had a single LaScala shipped to me.  It was double boxed...  freight was right at $200 (maybe the seller ate some??)  

It arrived the same day....indeed, on the same truck as the Jubilee's arrived so it didn't get much love at the time.

DSCN2681.JPG

• Like 1

OK La Scala experts... I have a question. In a online video shot at the Klipsch factory , they show a woofer being installed in the dog-house, and then in the next shot, they show a guy shoving in a big hunk of acoustical foam in before it gets closed up. I've never seen a foam inside the dog-house of any Klipsch La Scala, or even a La Scala clone, What's the story? Is this something brand new for the AL5?

base bin 2.JPG

1 hour ago, OCBob said:

OK La Scala experts... I have a question. In a online video shot at the Klipsch factory , they show a woofer being installed in the dog-house, and then in the next shot, they show a guy shoving in a big hunk of acoustical foam in before it gets closed up. I've never seen a foam inside the dog-house of any Klipsch La Scala, or even a La Scala clone, What's the story? Is this something brand new for the AL5?

base bin 2.JPG

the dog house is larger than ideal, the foam does two things, it eats up some internal volume and it prevents the cavity from resonating.

• Like 1

I have both La Scala's now!!  One sits on the south side of my garage where there's plenty of room, and one sits on the north side, where there is zero room. My solution was to section the bottom out of a existing 24" x 24" x 96" cabinet on the north wall and shove the La Scala in there...... as well as the Sanaui AU-9500.  It all fits wonderfully, and sounds nuts!!   Thankyou PWK!!!

image.png.b59e298785860e5e30a3422df5f26499.pngI

• Like 1