Please help me recall a vintage klipsch floor speaker

Cutlass

Hi everyone , first post . Hoping the klipsch experts can help me identify the model of klipsch speaker I saw /heard in the mid 1990s , it was the best speaker I ever heard and I’d like to find a set to buy used . 

They were a huge floor tower speaker with two 15 (maybe 12? But I’m pretty sure they were two 15 inch ) subwoofers on the front , and one 15 inch passive radiator on the rear . I’ve tried looking through eBay , google images etc can’t seem to find any vintage klipsch floor speakers with 2 12s or 2 15s on the front ! 

Though similar in layout , with the horns and two subs below , They were not the klf30, they seemed even larger and had the passive radiator on the rear 

anyone know what model this would have been ? They were newish speakers in the early 1990s 

Edited by Cutlass
  • Like 1

Far from it to be an expert but I do not recall seeing any of home model line-up of Klipsch speakers ever offering dual 15s in the front with or without a passive radiator. Maybe you could have been looking at something in the pro line? The klf-30 & cf-4 both had dual 12s but no passive radiators.

• Like 1

Klipsch never made a model like that. 

Very few models were made with passive radiators in the back.  Forte I and II, Quartet, Chorus II.

There were a few Klipsch Tangent and KG models made with passive radiators but they all had them in the front. 

1 hour ago, wuzzzer said:

Very few models were made with passive radiators in the back.  Forte I and II, Quartet, Chorus II.

There were a few Klipsch Tangent and KG models made with passive radiators but they all had them in the front. 

Most kg but not all. The KG4 has a passive on the rear baffle, there may be others in the KG and or the Tangent line up. I was not into them and did not spend much time on them when I first got into Klipsch. Wish I had. Perhaps some with KG and or Tangent experience will chime in.

1 hour ago, moray james said:

Most kg but not all. The KG4 has a passive on the rear baffle, there may be others in the KG and or the Tangent line up. I was not into them and did not spend much time on them when I first got into Klipsch. Wish I had. Perhaps some with KG and or Tangent experience will chime in.

Yes, the KG4 is the only speaker Klipsch ever made with two woofers in front (each 8") and a 12" passive radiator in the back. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/r2VuteKtWKkErJEu5

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don’t think they were pro speakers , this was in the San Francisco area where Goodguys was the big klipsch retailer in the 1990s and the home I saw them in bought them from Goodguys 

were there any klipsch speakers with two 15 inch drivers on the front , even if one was a passive radiator ? 

the cf-4 and klf30 seem closest to what I remember but I remember them being bigger than 12 inch 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cutlass said:

I don’t think they were pro speakers , this was in the San Francisco area where Goodguys was the big klipsch retailer in the 1990s and the home I saw them in bought them from Goodguys 

were there any klipsch speakers with two 15 inch drivers on the front , even if one was a passive radiator ? 

the cf-4 and klf30 seem closest to what I remember but I remember them being bigger than 12 inch 

I'm guessing since they were the best speakers you ever heard that they were Chorus II's; 15 in the front and passive 15 in the rear.

Also the Tangent 500/5000 had dual 12's in the front one active and one passive.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

KG4 & tangent have rear passives...

oops, didnt read the other posts saying this.

• Like 1

For clarity's sake, a subwoofer is a specialized speaker in a separate enclosure and rarely, to never, part of the main speaker.  Full range speakers have *woofers*, not subwoofers, regardless of how deep they play. 

I cannot think of any Klipsch speaker system with two 15" drivers other than Pro/Cinema systems and subwoofers, and those did not have passive radiators. 

• Like 1