Two speaker inputs on tower?

Kababayan

I'm sorry about the newbie question, but I just bought a pair of RP-8000f speakers and they have two speaker inputs on the back. I think I understand that they can be powered by two separate receivers, but can I run them with one? I plugged my receiver into the top pair of plugs but I am not getting a complete sound from the speaker. The woofers sound muffled. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

• Like 1

Metal jumpers? I'm not sure what those are and nothing else came with the speakers. Other than basic install I know very little about sound systems. These speakers replace my fifteen year old system, so I have been out of the game for many years.  I'll Google it to see what metal jumpers are. Thank you for your help. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kababayan said:

Metal jumpers? I'm not sure what those are and nothing else came with the speakers. Other than basic install I know very little about sound systems. These speakers replace my fifteen year old system, so I have been out of the game for many years.  I'll Google it to see what metal jumpers are. Thank you for your help. 

They may be brass colored straps, 2 of them. wuzzzer will be back. Please let know what is there.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kababayan said:

If you bought them brand new they may be in a bag or stuck in the packing materials.  They're a zig-zag shape metal piece designed to connect the upper and lower + and - posts.  Otherwise you can use regular speaker wire. 

BI_link.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you all for the help so far. The two reds and two blacks are connected with gold metal strips. I connected my receiver using one set of speaker wires to the two upper set of connectors. I hear the tweeter well, but the woofers sound muffled. I just expected more bass and a fuller sound. They are set up in a garage with a 504c and 502 surround speakers. I'm sure the acoustics are terrible in the garage.  They will be going into a classroom.  I'm not sure I'm getting power to the woofers because I only hooked up one set of connectors. Thanks again.

• Like 1

Alright, sounds like you found the straps then. If connected like the close up picture above, it should be correct. Make sure the rear of the front main speakers are anywhere from 6 to 12. Inches to help the bass, and not up against wall to assist with the bassto be able to breathe properly.

Next is play the speakers each day until the woofers are able to do some break-in or limbering up being that they are new.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kababayan said:

So I can just connect the speaker wires to the top two sets of connectors only? Does it matter if I connect them to the top or the bottom set of connectors?  Thank you all very much for the help. I really  appreciate it. 

It doesn't matter. 

1 hour ago, Kababayan said:

So I can just connect the speaker wires to the top two sets of connectors only? Does it matter if I connect them to the top or the bottom set of connectors?  Thank you all very much for the help. I really  appreciate it. 

Like Wuzzer said, shouldn't make a difference. But you might try connecting them to the lower set of inputs just out of curiosity. Are these new speakers, warranty? It might be a setting in your AVR, try to get into the setup area and see if the fronts are set to large, and you might disconnect all the other speakers from the AVR. Just power the 8000s. Any chance of connecting them to a different power source, receiver? Those speakers have a lot of good bass in them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kababayan said:

Yes.  You can connect your speaker wires to any red and any black, as long as the jumpers are installed and tight.  No damage will occur without the jumpers, but you may not hear all the sound. 

Dual terminals are for bi-wiring; one set of wires for the woofer(s) and one set for the treble section.  Some people believe that sounds better.  At the least, it gives the equivalent of a single wire twice as big for lower resistance. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnA said:

Yes.  You can connect your speaker wires to any red and any black, as long as the jumpers are installed and tight.  No damage will occur without the jumpers, but you may not hear all the sound. 

Dual terminals are for bi-wiring; one set of wires for the woofer(s) and one set for the treble section.  Some people believe that sounds better.  At the least, it gives the equivalent of a single wire twice as big for lower resistance. 

I just noticed your signature says you're an Iron Butt member? Impressive. Did you do that on a Ducati?

• Like 1