I am 15 years old here is my set up

Zachk0

Since one set up is never enough I added this  small set up upstairs in my room 

sadly it’s not Klipsch but it’s Bose so cant complain 

Comes with a subwoofer 2 bookshelf speakers with stands 

BDE0391E-A4A2-42CE-A23A-2F84D1647810.jpeg

Edited by Zachk0
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/6/2020 at 2:33 PM, Dave1290 said:

Zach, a few of my thoughts after perusing everything again.  Yea, we're watching you kid!   IF your CD list is in your Mom's or Dad's handwriting I'd frame them.  Save them cause we all know he's grinning big time right now.  That system better not go anywhere either cause we're allllll watching now!  hahaha  Klipsch posters?  Good luck!  Play nice in the sandbox w/friends and watch 'em grin.  That's half the fun of running Klipsch.  Blows them AWAY!   :)

Just keep on truckin son!  Lyrics always seem to fit and resonate.  hahaha

For sure definitely going to frame it one day  but for now are use it for the CDs so I put It in this clear sleeve To preserve it For as long as I can

D295DDE3-3FAD-4FA0-9166-48294DF49FFE.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Zachk0 said:

Has anyone ever did any upgrades to their klf 30s ?

Just curious and wondering if there was anything out there

Folks will modify anything and everything. 

My friendly advice is to spend some time with what you have. Sure, go ahead and tweak the speaker placement (distances form walls, listener chair, and toe-in). This can be a tedious task since you need to be systematic about  it and listen to the same few tracks over and over again. It will easily take several weekends given all the variables and combinations. However you will discover the bass response, imaging etc can dramatically change / improve. Get this adjusted to your liking and then just listen and enjoy, listen and enjoy, listen ...... 

Save the "upgrades" for another time.

Good luck,

-Tom

• Like 5

Folks will modify anything and everything. 

My friendly advice is to spend some time with what you have. Sure, go ahead and tweak the speaker placement (distances form walls, listener chair, and toe-in). This can be a tedious task since you need to be systematic about  it and listen to the same few tracks over and over again. It will easily take several weekends given all the variables and combinations. However you will discover the bass response, imaging etc can dramatically change / improve. Get this adjusted to your liking and then just listen and enjoy, listen and enjoy, listen ...... 

Save the "upgrades" for another time.

Good luck,

-Tom

I would follow this advice. The main issue (among other things) with KLF-30's is the cabinets. If the front and back baffles are not sealed air tight, they will leak away bass making the speakers sound thin and nasty.

The other main issue is the original crossovers will fail for one reason or another after a while. Mine acted up at about the 17 year old mark.

Another common issue is that the mid drivers might be hooked up out of phase. There seemed to be some confusion identifying which was positive and which was negative. In my experience if they're out of phase, soundstage and imaging will suffer. It's pretty easy to identify if you listen in an established sweet spot.

If and when everything is working properly, you're good to go.

As far as replacing stock/original components with aftermarket offerings, refer to the 'Ultimate KLF-30 Upgrades' thread. I've gone this route and had the luxury of owning two pairs of KLF-30's so I was able to compare an upgraded pair of 30's to an original pair every step of the way.

All of the upgraded components were completely worthwhile in my experience. It's been (I think) two years now with no issues and the speakers sound amazing. I tried most if not all of the free/cheap tweaks and heard zero benefit from any of them.

Good Luck!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, SWL said:

I would follow this advice. The main issue (among other things) with KLF-30's is the cabinets. If the front and back baffles are not sealed air tight, they will leak away bass making the speakers sound thin and nasty.

The other main issue is the original crossovers will fail for one reason or another after a while. Mine acted up at about the 17 year old mark.

Another common issue is that the mid drivers might be hooked up out of phase. There seemed to be some confusion identifying which was positive and which was negative. In my experience if they're out of phase, soundstage and imaging will suffer. It's pretty easy to identify if you listen in an established sweet spot.

If and when everything is working properly, you're good to go.

As far as replacing stock/original components with aftermarket offerings, refer to the 'Ultimate KLF-30 Upgrades' thread. I've gone this route and had the luxury of owning two pairs of KLF-30's so I was able to compare an upgraded pair of 30's to an original pair every step of the way.

All of the upgraded components were completely worthwhile in my experience. It's been (I think) two years now with no issues and the speakers sound amazing. I tried most if not all of the free/cheap tweaks and heard zero benefit from any of them.

Good Luck!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

the system got used from 1999 to 2010 then unplugged until nov last year 

• Like 1

This got posted On kijiji in my city today funny thing is the guy lives in my area lol 

Yamaha ypd10 turn table Yamaha c4 preamplifier m2 amplifier t500 tuner and Klipsch klf 20  speakers

hes asking 3600

was gonna see if he would sell amps and stuff separate he said no 

he said 1200 for turn table what do you guys think 

honestly I don’t got 3600 but I  got a decent amount right now

BB5D5112-1816-47C1-8932-400BE435E56B.jpeg

• Like 1

On 10/30/2020 at 9:19 AM, Zachk0 said:

D47CE5B1-E387-425D-80EA-4C2DF6F43381.jpeg

There are a few CD's you should add to your lineup, IMHO.  *<;o)  (Best of CD's for any of the artists below work too!)

In no particular order:

Led Zeppelin IV (Occasionally called the Zoso album)

Heart  -  Little Queen

Jethro Tull  -  Songs From The Wood

Queen  -  (any and all albums)

Rush  -  Moving Pictures and Power Windows  (Neil, we miss ya, buddy)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSToKcbWz1k

John Mellencamp  -  The Best I Could Do

Foreigner  -  Records or 4

Steve Miller Band  -  Greatest Hits

Tom Petty  -  Greatest Hits

Def Leppard  -  Pyromania

Eagles  -  The Long Run and Hotel California

Boston  -  Self titled album from 1976

Bob Seger  -  Beautiful Loser

Bad Company  -  Bad Company

AC/DC  -  Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap  (amusing little album) and Back In Black (which is already on your list, I believe)

The Cars  -  Candy-O

Deep Purple  -  The Very Best Of Deep Purple

Genesis  -  Turn It On Again:  The Hits

Journey  -  Ultimate Best

Kansas  -  The Best Of Kansas

Lynyrd Skynyrd  -  All Time Greatest Hits

Meat Loaf  -  Bat Out Of Hell

Molly Hatchet  -  Greatest Hits

Pink Floyd  -  The Wall
Yes  -  Fragile

Weird Al  -  The Essential Weird Al Yankovic

Okay guys, any albums I missed?