I am 15 years old here is my set up

Zachk0

16 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

I hope he's not using both pair at the same time. Even if not, I adhere to the old adage "one pair of speakers in the room at a time". Unless it's a home theater situation, and then sound quality goes out the window anyway, so who cares.

Shakey

I watched King Kong the movie last night using both of the speakers it was awesome

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Vivi said:

You'll kinda be causing cancellation having these speakers so close together. Maybe use the smaller KLFs as rear surrounds (big surrounds, sheesh)

Was thinking about putting the 20s as rears 

Gonna see how I like this set up first

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Zachk0 said:

Was thinking about putting the 20s as rears 

Gonna see how I like this set up first

Trust me, you're just gonna be creating big holes in the sound (in layman's terms) if you have both those speakers side by side.

Chuck the shorties at the rear and you'll be loving it.

5 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

current setup is fine - A WALL OF SOUND

A wall of sound is fine as long as you don’t care about

finesse

detail

imaging

soundstage accuracy

spatial cues

Some music actually contains these things and its enjoyable to experience them. But some just want loud and bold. Whatever blows up your skirt I suppose.

Shakey

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

@Zachk0  moved the speakers around  3 times ,  KLF 20 far right , then to the  left , then he toed in the KLF 30 -and  he found the best suited spot for his own kind of music  , given the room , and the gear -  if that is how he likes it ,  great -

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

@Zachk0  moved the speakers around  3 times ,  KLF 20 far right , then to the  left , then he toed in the KLF 30 -and  he found the best suited spot for his own kind of music  , given the room , and the gear -  if that is how he likes it ,  great -

yes that what works best with the area I have

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

A wall of sound

So ....This colloquial term has a history

Wall of Sound is the term used in music production to describe the pop music produced by music producer Phil Spector from 1962 in Hollywood's Gold Star Studios with his artists until 1966, which is characterized by a high sound density and intensive use of audio effects and was often associated with over-orchestration.

Until 1961, for most music producers, the recording studios were sterile premises, with the task of equipping each individual musical instrument with a microphone separately from other instruments and feeding it to the final mix. In contrast to this, Spector's idea was to embed the listener in a wall of sound and give him a compact listening impression. The fact that a microphone could also pick up spherical sounds from other instruments was actually desired. Although this was not new in pop music, it was unknown in this concentrated form. Spector used this wall of sound only on his own record label Philles Records, but not on his numerous third-party productions for other record labels. The term Wall of Sound is closely associated with Gold Star Studios in the music industry. Spector was one of the first music producers to consider a recording studio as a musical instrument in its own right.

Phil Spector practiced his production technique only at Gold Star Studios, which had a particularly effective echo chamber. Measuring only 7 m × 10.60 m and 2.10 m high, Studio A was overcrowded with studio musicians, which enhanced the compact sound image and led to a high degree of room saturation. This contributed to a strong compression. The sound patterns recorded in this way were transferred to the concrete echo chamber, their echoes recorded and mixed by overdubbing the studio recording. The listening impression of those recordings gave the music consumers a studio size that was not available in reality.

Already recorded takes were doubled or even tripled by overdubbing ("double tracking"), whereby a phase shift was achieved by the reverb of the echo chamber. The intonation of the music was often characterized by overorchestration or symphonic production. Spector called it "small symphonies for young people" in a Wagnerian approach to Rock 'n' Roll. In studio technology, audio effects such as delay, flanging, chorus or reverb were used, and strong distortion of the signal from instruments was also typical. Overdubbing the same score several times by way of overdub enhanced the compact sound image. The end result was highly compressed music productions intended for transistor radios.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wall of Sound - takes me back to the brick/mortar “stereo shop” days of the late ‘60’s, ‘70’s and ‘80’s. The local high end dealer in KC was 

David Beaty Stereo. (An employee/friend at Beaty’s built my first pair of Pro Line JBL’s.) Anywho, Beaty’s had a Wall of Sound room with several 15 inch JBL D130’s on each side and what I remember the famous 375’s HF. You talk about standing your hair on end, or straight back Marantz style, I can still remember being in awe when the a Wall was put into action. Big Mac’s being the power I believe - 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Islander said:

I believe The Wall of Sound was also the nickname of the massive, enormous, sound system used by The Grateful Dead.

gotta agree with you , I saw them in Vermont years ago -------people flocked from everywhere to see them -

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Islander said:

I believe The Wall of Sound was also the nickname of the massive, enormous, sound system used by The Grateful Dead.

there  was also a Wall of Sound at the Lime Light in Montreal ----

• Like 1