I am 15 years old here is my set up

Zachk0

1 minute ago, Ceptorman said:

Your Dad had good taste in music, and speakers. I realized a few years ago, especially after finally getting a good sound system, that I would listen to music that I normally wouldn't have. I would listen to some of my 19 year old daughter's music....like One Direction, Norah Jones, Ed Sheeran, and I liked it. it's like the music came alive because it sounded good. I started listening to some classical music also, Motown, even a little country. 

for sure I didn’t always listen to classic rock I mean over the years my father always did so I always knew the songs but as the years went by I just Kinda stopped listening to it when I got the system hooked up this is literally all I listen to now on it

• Like 2

METER RANGE Switch
When pushed in, analog meter sensitivity will be increased ten-fold (OdB=25 watts). If you are running the A·500x at louder volume levels, do not activate this switch. This switch will only affect the scale of the meters, it does not change the output power in any way.

Chris
  • Like 1

Nice rig young man!  Playing vinyl or is it all CD's?  Don't see a turntable anywhere.  It's all good just don't go insane with the volume levels and enjoy at YOUR listening level.  Let the rest of the gang wonder.  Unless you want to be an old deaf guy like the rest of us old geezers in here!  lol  Rock on and keep thinking of your father.  His act was together and the rig confirms it.  Enjoy and don't be a stranger.  We rock a lot of tunes in "Vinyl Record Spinning" and "You Tube Spinning" in the Lounge area here.  Stop in and kick back!  Welcome to the Forum!

• Like 1

Guess I´m the first german you met at your life and age ?  Super cool your gear / your dad's gear. I started with this hobby at the age of 14 years, was infected by the HiFi virus. This disease accompanies you now until the end of your life..... Have fun & welcome .....

smilie-gross_342.gif

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Nice rig young man!  Playing vinyl or is it all CD's?  Don't see a turntable anywhere.  It's all good just don't go insane with the volume levels and enjoy at YOUR listening level.  Let the rest of the gang wonder.  Unless you want to be an old deaf guy like the rest of us old geezers in here!  lol  Rock on and keep thinking of your father.  His act was together and the rig confirms it.  Enjoy and don't be a stranger.  We rock a lot of tunes in "Vinyl Record Spinning" and "You Tube Spinning" in the Lounge area here.  Stop in and kick back!  Welcome to the Forum!

I run Spotify on my Xbox and I got the technics sl-mc7

I love cranking the volume on this thing I remember when I first started listening to it loud it took a while for my ears to adjust 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, mark1101 said:

Nice job young man.  This is what I hope my kids do.  👍

Aren't your kids about age 52 by now?  :emotion-14:

Zachk0, you are off to a great start.  Hopefully, as you get older and decide you want something bigger & better'er, you will still keep this in good working order in memory of your father.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Adjust?  Your first lesson from an old deaf guy.  Additionally, 99% of sound engineers, whether it's the guys on the board, in the band or the riggers, take care of their hearing ALL the time.  Years ago it was crank it "I can take it!"

https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/hearing_loss/how_does_loud_noise_cause_hearing_loss.html

listen to it every day cranked lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hey guys if I was to post the tag on the back of my KLF 30s would you guys be able to tell anything from that like year they were made ?

I believe he purchased them in I believe he purchased them in 1999 with the setup 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Zachk0 said:

Hey guys if I was to post the tag on the back of my KLF 30s would you guys be able to tell anything from that like year they were made ?

I believe he purchased them in I believe he purchased them in 1999 with the setup 

from 1996 till 2001 ....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zachk0 said:

YEP , post a picture , I will tell you the year , ans maybe even the week they were made

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Zachk0 said:

Go to "Ask the historian", there is usually such infos.

On 10/27/2020 at 9:30 PM, Zachk0 said:

I am new to the forums so I thought I’d share my set up

Klipsch KLF 30

Klipsch KSW 15

Carver A-500X

Carver CT-25.1

If you have any questions About the set up  or tips let me know

from Ontario 🇨🇦🇨🇦

3C16E078-25EC-4E4E-8013-E185110124FA.jpeg

You are a blessed young man. That is a wonderful setup. And those speakers are one of  my favorite  modelsfrom Klipsch. They are  excellent for home theater and very good with music. You have a very nice room as well.