You find a skull.....what should you do?

Coytee

I've got a plan....but am interested to see if anyone can come up with a better one.

Back story:  Father in law was a dentist.  Also did some oral surgery.  He passed away a number of years ago...  his kids came to the house, cleaned things out and sold the house.  Couple days ago, my wife & I were cleaning some things up here when she comes out with a box she said she had forgotten about.  Side of the box had in black marker "Skulls"

Being ever curious....  I open it up and pull out a plastic jaw....  then a plastic skull....  continue digging...and out came a genuine / human skull and if I read what I'm looking at correctly, not one, not two but I think three human lower jawbones.  

Wife is all depressed because of the poor person(s) who's not intact somewhere.  I'm getting cautious because how do I get rid of this?  Toss it into trash.....then per the CSI shows, someone notices it at the trash dump as it rolls down the hill causing the authorities to want to know where the rest of the victim might be?  Do I just call the Sheriff who will drive out here and see the expanse of land here with plenty of places to hide the rest of the body??

There is a small cemetery across the road from us that used to be part of this farm (prior to being taken by TVA).  Maybe I could bury it over there....heck, I already have the backhoe but that will cause a bunch of damage....

We get a bunch of (what I've heard labeled) "slob hunters" out here....  maybe I could dress it up in some hunting garb... stand it next to the road with a sign or something saying "Guilty of Trespassing" ??

Though I'm trying to make a bit light of this....the fact remains, I'm sitting here with a human skull in my garage along with several human lower jaw bones and I'd actually like to dispose of them so they're no longer in my garage AND would like to keep it dignified for the deceased.

Thoughts?

Oh, and I prefer not to do 10-20 with chance of parole in 15 since I'm actually innocent.

I do a lot of rehab work (on houses). I was in the middle of one when I had my knee replaced. I asked the doctor if I could have my old knee. He asked me what I was going to do with it I told him I was going to hide it in the wall I was rebuilding. Whenever I knock down one, I am hoping for buried treasure, or some type of mystery uncovered. Never have found either. Thought it would be fun to think about what someone thought when they knock out the wall and find my old worn out knee hiding there.

He wouldn't give it to me.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

I asked the doctor if I could have my old knee. He asked me what I was going to do with it I told him I was going to hide it in the wall I was rebuilding.

That's just ... warped. Creative, but warped. :blink2:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

If it were my skull, I would rather have it out, respectfully displayed, instead of being buried for all eternity. Since it's someone else's, and you have it, I would read about what the local laws require. 

It's legal in almost all states, not sure about Tn.

5 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

It's legal to keep it. But I can see your desire to get rid of it. I have told my wife I would like to have a complete human skeleton. 

“would like to have a complete human skeleton”. I think I’ll skip the next SWAG event you attend — 🤨

1 hour ago, Edgar said:

That's just ... warped. Creative, but warped. :blink2:

100% agreed!!

As it turns out, my sister in law discussed this with my wife yesterday (unknown to me) and sis in law is already calling some dental schools to see if they'd be interested in the donation.

I hadn't thought of this and spoke with Neil (@DizRotus) who also came up with the idea of donating it to a medical school.  

Why is it all you Kool Kats (a play on Klipsch & Cats) come up with good ideas and my idea was originally to stick it on a pike along the road during hunting season...