You find a skull.....what should you do?

Coytee

I thought you'd all come up with some bone afide ideas..... (sigh, did you really drag me down to that level??!)

Of course, the wife would never allow anything like these ideas.  She's already a bit mortified that we've got someone's head in our garage.  One thing I kind of like about her....  she's got a good heart.  She'd never disrespect the owner of the skull....  I ask a bit rhetorically....  are WE the owner of the skull.....  or is the owner of the skull the person who's skin used to cover it?

Philosophical question of the day.  

32 minutes ago, Coytee said:

I ask a bit rhetorically....  are WE the owner of the skull.....  or is the owner of the skull the person who's skin used to cover it?

Philosophical question of the day.  

I think it depends on whether the prior owner donated it it.  There's nothing to say it was or wasn't.  As they say, "Possession is 9/10 of the law."

On the morbid notion that these bones came about from a nefarious act, they say all the time that many victims are identified by their teeth and dental records, so...

8 hours ago, Coytee said:

Oh, and I prefer not to do 10-20 with chance of parole in 15 since I'm actually innocent.

easy ,  call the cops and ask them if you can bury the parts --------they might just have a big laugh ------

• 2 weeks later...

Update on Mr. (Mrs.??) Skull....

Sister in law has been pounding the phones....  (I think she made a single phone call)....

Called their fathers alma mater, the dental school he went to.  As I understand, he very likely might have had to buy the skull from them during his schooling (wife says he had it in his office as far back as she can remember)

Anyway....the current scuttlebutt is that the Dental school (I think it's University of TN in Memphis??) said they'll take it back so, it would seem Mr.  Skull has found continuance on his life.

Wife says she still feels the skull needs some memorial or something....I shrugged  my shoulders saying it's possible it was someone who donated themselves to science and they are loving what's going on....  been stuffed in her fathers attic/garage for decades and now, get to go out in public again.....NAKED no less!

That might rate a TOP NOTCH!

• Like 1