Jubilee Owners Near Cleveland Ohio

Dave A

1 hour ago, richieb said:

Alert — Don’t fall for this “generous” offer. Unless you have a strong back and are willing to tote tons of retaining wall block for the privilege of a Jube audition. Shame on you Eric — 

I would not, never have forced anyone to help. If someone volunteers, now that is a different story:)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dave A said:

You make it that far another three hours gets you here and you are invited. I have some of the 904 stuff sitting around and some 415/4's and some 402 horns also so you could get most of your listening done here in Tn. It seems to be the fate of serious Klipsch owners that we are compelled to make road trips to accomplish what we want.

Damn you.....  you're just trying to mooch in on the pizza and become part of the crowd pranking me on my beloved Chesters Pizza....  (though I must admit that would be beautifully poetic)

11 minutes ago, babadono said:

I would not, never have forced anyone to help. If someone volunteers, now that is a different story:)

Babadono is driving in the middle of the sticks in East TN, looking for Coytee's habitat....He's been dying to hear Jubilee's and find out what all the bluster is about.  He arrives and discovers it's not so bad here....but, there's that Coytee jerk moving some heavy rocks and stuff around....panting...

"Hey Coytee, I'm here....  where are the Jubilee's...."

(grunting)  Oh, hang on...  I've got to move these few 1,000 pound boulders (uphill of course)....  going to take me a WHOOPS........... and slips....rock falls back....

So, Babadono thinks to himself...  man....  that poor guy....the only way I'm going to get in there quickly is to just lend him a hand.

"Hey Coytee...  mind if I help"

"Nope".....  

and Coytee chalks another point on his board of willing laborers without having to ask the first one.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dave A said:

You make it that far another three hours gets you here and you are invited. I have some of the 904 stuff sitting around and some 415/4's and some 402 horns also so you could get most of your listening done here in Tn. It seems to be the fate of serious Klipsch owners that we are compelled to make road trips to accomplish what we want.

Some people have even made it to your place more than once, because it's a REAL (not virtual) candy store for the "big Klipsch stuff." In fact some fanatics like you, Dave, were not happy with those tiny Jubilee Klipsch "short horns" that fit into a corner, or MWMs that sit in the open. You had to go 50% bigger yet to make a K-402 proportionally look like a super tweeter instead of a midrange/midbass horn! Regardless of the visuals, your ears will thank you after being in Dave's Playgound!!

PS: Wait 'till you see what else he's been up to............................

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

Damn you.....  you're just trying to mooch in on the pizza and become part of the crowd pranking me on my beloved Chesters Pizza....  (though I must admit that would be beautifully poetic)

If he brings something from Ohio for me it will be a case of Worthmore Mock Turtle soup. You can have all the pizza and the box to frame and install on your shrine wall between the jubes.

23 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Some people have even made it to your place more than once, because it's a REAL (not virtual) candy store for the "big Klipsch stuff." In fact some fanatics like you, Dave, were not happy with those tiny Jubilee Klipsch "short horns" that fit into a corner, or MWMs that sit in the open. You had to go 50% bigger yet to make a K-402 proportionally look like a super tweeter instead of a midrange/midbass horn! Regardless of the visuals, your ears will thank you after being in Dave's Playgound!!

PS: Wait 'till you see what else he's been up to............................

Well I try to make any wandering Klipsch vagabonds feel welcome if they stop in. So does it mean I get an audio merit badge if one of my enablers says I am a fanatic?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

So does it mean I get an audio merit badge if one of my enablers says I am a fanatic?

Never claimed I was not guilty of the same. It takes one to know one, so we should both wear those badges.

My sub-woofer horns are, although not as efficient, longer than yours, which determines the cutoff frequency. The latest and only FULL front horn I own, using an IBM servo motor, is 10 feet long, roughly the same as the Tapped Horn in my living room with B&C 21" Super Driver with 6" voice coil. All my other Tapped horns are 15 and 22 ft. long (that one not yet assembled) respectively.

You will never see me cast the first stone unless I'm as guilty as the proverbial stonee, which I am in this case. I had a "stoner" period in my youth, but that is another matter that goes way beyond Jubilee stories. LOL.

The Jubilee was PWK's very last design before he passed. With Roy Delgado doing most of the "heavy lifting," PWK's last hurrah, is the best he had in the same footprint. It took 50 years for him to come up with an improvement to the Khorn BASS. But without Roy's K-402, in concert, providing the midrange "where we live" in combination with your favorite bass bins, the Jubilee would not be so far superior to a Khorn for those who have owned or heard them over the last 13 years. So with the Jubilee Bass sharing the other 4 1/2 octaves of music with the mid-treble horn, it's a pretty darn good system in a small space in ANY ROOM, period and requires more expensive and/or bigger solutions to even come close to being in the same league of perfomance.................even when price is considered with modern US dollar inflation.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This Sunday, I drove to Detroit to hang out with ClaudeJ1 and listen to his MEH systems, 2/11.2 in the main room and 2.1 in the basement.  We listened to music for about 45min and BS'd for 4 hours, as Claude "tried to squeeze 40yrs of speaker knowledge into one afternoon".  That was not the original plan but it was the way the afternoon played out. We did not get a chance to hear jubilees or a K402-based system, instead they were the Danley SH-50 MEH's, what I believe ChrisA modeled his K-402 MEH after.   Claude was an excellent host and I appreciated the deep dive into where Claude has been on his audio journey and how it has led him to Klipsch and Danley.  We listened to some test records, one in particular was a drummer playing the same pattern at different distances from the recording microphone.  With the Danley SH50's and accompanying subs, it sounded like the drummer was playing in the room.  That was as close recorded music has been to giving the illusion that you’re in the room with the performer, that I’ve heard.  Also, probably the cleanest, fastest subwoofer implementation I’ve heard.  I’ll head back to Claude’s at some point soon to listen again, but it has convinced me to begin working towards building ChrisA’s K402 MEH.  I still would love to hear the jubilee’s at some point in the near future.

Awesome stuff, thanks ClaudeJ1!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikld said:

I still would love to hear the jubilee’s at some point in the near future.

You're welcome. Asking me to do a demo is like asking an Eagle if he wants to fly.

Let's just say Jubes sound as good as what you heard at my place if they have similar subwoofer horsepower on the same material. The drums you heard sound as good on the Jubes for sure. But in my small house I can only keep so many system.........time to buy another house, aye? LOL.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikld said:

This Sunday, I drove to Detroit to hang out with ClaudeJ1 and listen to his MEH systems, 2/11.2 in the main room and 2.1 in the basement.  We listened to music for about 45min and BS'd for 4 hours, as Claude "tried to squeeze 40yrs of speaker knowledge into one afternoon".  That was not the original plan but it was the way the afternoon played out. We did not get a chance to hear jubilees or a K402-based system, instead they were the Danley SH-50 MEH's, what I believe ChrisA modeled his K-402 MEH after.   Claude was an excellent host and I appreciated the deep dive into where Claude has been on his audio journey and how it has led him to Klipsch and Danley.  We listened to some test records, one in particular was a drummer playing the same pattern at different distances from the recording microphone.  With the Danley SH50's and accompanying subs, it sounded like the drummer was playing in the room.  That was as close recorded music has been to giving the illusion that you’re in the room with the performer, that I’ve heard.  Also, probably the cleanest, fastest subwoofer implementation I’ve heard.  I’ll head back to Claude’s at some point soon to listen again, but it has convinced me to begin working towards building ChrisA’s K402 MEH.  I still would love to hear the jubilee’s at some point in the near future.

And your conclusion regarding speaker size as per Mr Decible?  (He would have a fit if he heard some of the systems Klipsch forum members have in their rooms!)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

You're welcome. Asking me to do a demo is like asking an Eagle if he wants to fly.

Let's just say Jubes sound as good as what you heard at my place if they have similar subwoofer horsepower on the same material. The drums you heard sound as good on the Jubes for sure. But in my small house I can only keep so many system.........time to buy another house, aye? LOL.

I would never leave the Aereola of Pontiac.

Dave A - I understand Mrdecibel has a heavily modded pair of LaScala's and runs subs with them, I don't know what his listening room is like or the music he listens to, I understand he listens to music 70-90dB and will get up to 100dB on occasion.  Based on the listening session at ClaudeJ1's, there were no soundstage issues with his MEH's 5-6' from the listening position, at conversation volume, or at 100+db!

3 hours ago, mikld said:

Dave A - I understand Mrdecibel has a heavily modded pair of LaScala's and runs subs with them, I don't know what his listening room is like or the music he listens to, I understand he listens to music 70-90dB and will get up to 100dB on occasion.  Based on the listening session at ClaudeJ1's, there were no soundstage issues with his MEH's 5-6' from the listening position, at conversation volume, or at 100+db!

It was mostly the silliness of Jubes being to big according to him that I was really being snide about. I figure he can't possibly have ever heard a set or he would know better. I have a set of KPT-942's in the shop right now maybe 7' center to center and they sound really good. Jubes can be close together also and sound fine. The only pro Klipsch I have had that needed at least 15' center to center left to right to open up are MCM 1900's and KPT- 942/4's.

You are invited to stop in if you are ever down this way.

• Thanks 1