Can I get Klipschorns in my Lexus GX460?

dtximages

Trying to decide if I have to get a trailer or not.

I understand the Khorns are easy to take apart.  Can I just remove the uppers and fit them in my Lexus GX460 suv you think?

Any big dangers in doing this?  I feel better about his as opposed to strapping them to the wall of a trailer not really knowing if one of them gets loose.  

I moved 2 Klipschorns with tops taken off in a Chrysler Town n Country minivan with a reported 140 sq feet max cargo area. I had the 4 pieces laying flat.Yes, there was space above everything, but i was pretty full. Check the cargo space on your vehicle. I can give you dimensions of each Klipschorn piece if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

A U-Haul trailer should work. Wrap and strap. 

A cargo van might be even better. Or if weather is nice, a pickup and tarp,

get a few furniture pads or heavy blankets.

Getting a pair of B&W 801 Matrix II in a Suburban was tight. And my La Scala’s are larger than the B&W speakers. 

48 minutes ago, baron167 said:

I moved 2 Klipschorns with tops taken off in a Chrysler Town n Country minivan with a reported 140 sq feet max cargo area. I had the 4 pieces laying flat.Yes, there was space above everything, but i was pretty full. Check the cargo space on your vehicle. I can give you dimensions of each Klipschorn piece if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly how I brought mine home from @richieb place in KC. 

cincy

• Like 2

I was able to fit a pair of Klipschorns into a 2008 Lexus RX 350. 

I took off the tophats, and the side skirts, and saved the mounting hardware.  

Marked the various pieces to make sure each speaker would go back together correctly.  

Wrapped the bass bins and tophats separately with furniture pads I had rented from Haul (pretty cheap, and well worth it), and packing tape.  

The bass bins laid flat side by side, front to back, in the rear of the vehicle, with a few inches of clearance on all sides.  One tophat sat in the gap between the angles of the bass bins.  The other tophat rode shotgun in the front passenger seat.  The side skirts, wrapped and padded, were on the sides of the bass bins, between them and the passenger doors.  

Made a 300 mile road trip without incident.  Returned the furniture pads to UHaul.  Then called it a day.  

The GX is bigger than the RX, I think.  Have a feeling you can do it without too much trouble.  

A while back, I fit a pr of Khorns, a couple of amps and pres, a tuner and a R2R in a Rav4. Not too difficult but my friend, Bob had the large and quite heavy R2R in his lap for an hour or so and said he wouldn't wish that on his worse enemy.