Interesting JBL horns! Mini Jubes, anyone? *<;o)

Oicu812

Check these out.  I wonder what the specs are...    No mumps, but they have the hemispherical shaping similar to the classic "butt cheek" horns.  I assume it's for greater coverage area?

(Yeah, I know the woofers are direct radiators.  I bet they still sound good, and provide some SPL.)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-4645B-18-SUBWOOFER-2446H-DRIVER-2360T-2506B-2360A-HORN-one-of-each/203083390025

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

I have used that horn and tweeter before. The good news is that is a great driver (I currently have a pair for sale in the garage sale section), however the horn can sound a bit harsh. If you cross it above 800Hz or so, the harshness will be tamed somewhat. The horn is in the 2360 series and is actually bigger than how it looks in the photo. Of comparably sized horns, I would hold out for a Klipsch K-402 IMHO. 

-Tom

1 minute ago, PrestonTom said:

I have used that horn and tweeter before. The good news is that is a great driver (I currently have a pair for sale in the garage sale section), however the horn can sound a bit harsh. If you cross it above 800Hz or so, the harshness will be tamed somewhat. The horn is in the 2360 series and is actually bigger than how it looks in the photo. Of comparably sized horns, I would hold out for a Klipsch K-402 IMHO. 

-Tom

It was your sale that prompted me to search eBay for those drivers, and I found these. 

However, my wife has stated that murder most foul will visit me in the night should I bring home *any* more speakers.

1 minute ago, PrestonTom said:

So ....... I am guessing that Klipsch Jubilees are not on the short list

She thinks the Epics are too large.  I should show her some pics of Jubes and MWM's.  CF-3's don't look so big now, do they?

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Those horns never fail to impress whenever I see them.  They often remind me of this scene from the movie "Mask."

I always think of the line in the Italian Job:  “Speakers so loud…they blow a woman’s clothes off!”

• Like 1