RSW-15 replacement amp

rgp6373

I have a RSW-15. it recently suffered a total failure of the electronics. It owes me nothing as I have had it since new. Since the actual driver seem fine, my question is what are my options for powering it now. What external amps would be suited to this duty? Without costing a fortune. Or is it not worth the effort?

sub1.jpg

sub2.jpg

I may have a extra plate amp for that sub
I bought one a few months ago a d I think it came with a extra amp. Or at lest one that can be repaired more easily then yours
I’m on vacation and can see what I have when I get home in a few days
Post some more photos so I can match it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/30/2020 at 1:41 PM, rgp6373 said:

I have a RSW-15. it recently suffered a total failure of the electronics. It owes me nothing as I have had it since new. Since the actual driver seem fine, my question is what are my options for powering it now. What external amps would be suited to this duty? Without costing a fortune. Or is it not worth the effort?

sub1.jpg

The RSW-15 is a fantastic sub I think if were you I'd wire it as a passive and drive it with an external amplifier something like an I-Nuke 6000 should so the trick 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

I have a few stand alone pro amps and a Dayton dsp 250 watt plate amp
Also a dbx rack sub amp. Maybe 100 / 150 watts

The RSW-15 amp rating is 685 watts rms and something like 2700 watts peak? if I recall correctly the 15" woofer has a heavy triple stacked magnet in order to maintain the same quick punch and accuracy of the RSW I don't think I'd try and power it with anything less than 1000 watts rms, not that I'd blast it full volume or anything with that kind of power but would want plenty of headroom on tap.

• Like 1

I had the unit out for repair and was told it was beyond saving. I have been looking for a replacement but finding it very difficult to find anything that can match the output of the original amp.

its difficult to see what most amps will output for rms and peak at 6 ohms. 

7 hours ago, rgp6373 said:

I had the unit out for repair and was told it was beyond saving. I have been looking for a replacement but finding it very difficult to find anything that can match the output of the original amp.

its difficult to see what most amps will output for rms and peak at 6 ohms. 

Lots of great pro options available out there for reasonable prices if you have a crossover built into your preamp / receiver? The RSW-15 MSRP was around $2k IIRC and still a very hard sub to beat IMO for high resolution / music playback, well worth throwing some cash at.

I-Nuke 6000 2x3000 watts into 4 ohm, 2x1600 into 8ohm built in DSP $460 new open box w/ warranty:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Behringer-iNUKE-NX4-6000-4-Channel-Power-Amplifier-Amp-6000-Watts-NX46000-MINT/303341613976?epid=3030655049&hash=item46a091b398:g:ykoAAOSwmCVfSZXk