T5 II Mclarens bricked on the first day

Yesilpelikan

Hello,

my mclarens were bricked on the first day. I had updated the firmware a couple of hours ago and was listenning to music from my computer. Later I switched to my phone and played a song from spotify. Shortly after first seconds of the song; earbuds started to say “power on” “ready to pair” a couple of times and then just went silent. No lights, no warnings. 
Is there any way to review them?

thanks

Edited by Yesilpelikan
Typo

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 2:59 PM, Yesilpelikan said:

Hello,

my mclarens were bricked on the first day. No lights, no warnings. 

thanks

Send them back I assume you bought them new and they are still under warranty?

Yes they are under warranty but dealer told me they can only refund me at the moment (better than nothing) because klipsch paused the production for some improvement. I really liked the design and couldn't have a chance to try them on workout... I really hoped for a solution other than replacing but I think there is no way to revive them =(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yesilpelikan said:

Hey, they have worked normal after 1 day out of charging case! after battery drained to 50%, lights came on and I was able factory reset them. hopefully they won't cause a trouble again but I don't have faith... lets see.

Good luck, I hope they stay working for years to come.

• 1 month later...

When will these be in stock??? I have been waiting trying to buy them for months now??

Either stop advertising them and take them off the online store or start having stock for them this is crazy and I’m tired of seeing them advertised. It is like bait and switch you are baited because of them only to find out that you can only purchase the nonT5 II TRUE WIRELESS SPORT

SPORT McLAREN EDITION EARPHONES

Thanks

Geoff

• 3 months later...

Just to update, 

I have sent them for refund even though they worked again because I lost my trust on them. Unfortunately carrier lost them on the way and they never made back to retailer. I had contacted the Klipsch as @Ceptorman advised and they responded me after 3 months!! however, this time lucky me, Klipsch support sent me a new set without cost!. new pair is working good so far..

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I had a similar issue with the T5II McLaren.

I had FW version 0.6.5 and tried to update, but one of the headphones after didn't turn on, didn't repond when put inside the charging case, and it was not detected by the case as well!

But they were not bricked! There seems to be a Deadlock issue with synchronization of the two headphones.

FIX:

1. Keep outside the case for the battery to run out (fully charged in this mode for me was 3 days)

2. Fully charge them (if after a week they are still not detected by the case (look at LEDs), sorry they are bricked indeed...)

3. Get one outside, reset the connection, and flash it.

4. Get the other one outside, reset the connection, flash it.

5. Check FW version. Not I have 1.0.0

That being said, the Deadlock issue can appear again during some connection issues.

My Xperia 5II is using the A2DP profile and connects separately to both headphones at the same time.

My Windows 10 PC is...a Microsoft product...and doesn't support this so its using some other profile,. After 1-2 hours there are synchronization issues, and one headphone Deadlocks (like a bricked)

Dischrage, charge, reset connection, and it is working.

I contacted Klipsch and hopefully we get FW 1.X.X that fixes this issue.

I still think these are great compared to many others, and being in the FW business myself, I know these are normal issues of a rushed SW product.

The most common modern sin we put up with, just to have fast development and new tech...