Ugliest Klipsch Speakers???

Gypsy

1 hour ago, Gypsy said:

these Pros in raw plywood

13 minutes ago, carlthess40 said:

I’ve never seen that type of wood used or the horn that is shown

Ditto  -  those are not Klipsch speaker cabs.  Not even plywood for that matter.  Very cheap pressed wood. 

14 minutes ago, Matthews said:

Ditto  -  those are not Klipsch speaker cabs.  Not even plywood for that matter.  Very cheap pressed wood. 

these are the klipsch 2002 series -------they were made with a type of dense particle board and covered with black carpet ,   looks like  somebody removed the black carpet but forgot to recover or paint the speakers

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 4:06 PM, Gypsy said:

Did Klipsch really make something as ugly as these Pros in raw OSB? 

https://hartford.craigslist.org/msg/d/east-hartford-klipsch-professional/7222824575.html

00r0r_fpJ8Ju0lrSa_0ak07K_1200x900.jpg

Yes, I had a pair of KP-2500? awhile back and same cabinet materials only covered in black carpet I could hardly believe it myself thought someone must have built the cabinets homemade style did some research and found I believe all of the "1000" series were made of this material as the Pro line swapped hands can't remember the whole story and a quick search didn't find anything:

11 minutes ago, Skelt said:

I don't think they are authentic klipsch cabs.

My furry kp 2002 are plywood.

If these were originally covered in felt then the baffles would be painted black and not left raw. 

You're going to make me did up the info? I'm telling you its true Klipsch made pro speakers out of OSB for a short period of time I couldn't believe it myself when I first found out but what do you do?

Alright wasn't that hard to find:

"Klipsch pro speakers with 'rat fur' (black carpeting) were manufactured during several years when another Hope company called WWR was doing the manufacturing for Klipsch. I think they are all made of an OSB-type material, are carpeted with corners, and all bear a four digit part number similar to it's cousin made before and after at the Klipsch factory in Hope.

KP250 -> KP2502

KP115 -> KP1000 (there are variations with crossover that carry CX designation)

KP3002 was only made by WWR and is a two way cabinet, Klipsch made KP362 and KI362, both of which are three way models"

KP-2500-C.pdf

• Like 2

On 10/31/2020 at 10:59 PM, Ceptorman said:

Better re-cover or paint them quick before the woods breaks away.

I have seen this OSB   product , it is very tough ,  no comparison with cheap  OSB ,    it's often seen in  wood crated  heavy equipment in a 1 inch thick panel -

these were made when klipsch was trying to enter a market of Pro speakers , alike Peavey for musicians and  to compete  with a lower price point  -

7 hours ago, Matthews said:

WOW!  -  i never would have imagined...
quite disheartening

these speakers were made for Musicians ,  similar to Peavey   and klipsch had to compete in  a market of discounted Pro speakers  -

6 hours ago, jjptkd said:

You're going to make me did up the info? I'm telling you its true Klipsch made pro speakers out of OSB for a short period of time I couldn't believe it myself when I first found out but what do you do?

they are not as bad as they look ,  plus those series sold at discounted prices , and the manufacturing cost had to be brought down -

On 10/30/2020 at 7:47 PM, RandyH000 said:

these are the klipsch 2002 series -------they were made with a type of dense particle board and covered with black carpet ,   looks like  somebody removed the black carpet but forgot to recover or paint the speakers

Exactly.

The carpet was referred to as "rat fur".

• Like 1