Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

35 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Yeah you know if any of these media people and governments were honest with what was going on it might be better. They all sneak around and lie and distort and I have yet to see any death toll above a fraction of what the flu has done and is doing. So what is your friend saying that he can document about how bad it really, and I mean really, is. The complete panic and fear mongering is off the charts insane.

Well...let's just say that this is the first time in MY MEMORY where the U.S. military has locked-down travel of personnel and family members both to and from the bases in Italy and South Korea due to an overwhelmingly rapid spread of an illness!  This includes personnel and families scheduled for re-assignment who have already shipped their belongings, along with mandatory-attendance career-progression-schools that require a return the USA to attend!  In Italy, both Aviano AFB is locked down and so is Caserme Ederle in Vicenza, which is home station for the Army's 173rd Airborne Brigade Combat Team, our Quick Reaction Force for Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East!  It's gotta be REALLY BAD there for THAT to happen!  Trust me, I know!  I served in Vicenza 1973-1976 when the QRF for that entire region was JUST an Airborne Battalion Combat Team, and we trained whether we were sick or not!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, HDBRbuilder said:

It's gotta be REALLY BAD there for that to happen!

What makes this worse than the common flu then?  It's certainly not more deadly.  From what I've read it's not easier to spread.  Why the hysteria?  I'm certainly open to the possibility that I'm missing something so change my mind.

15 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I haven't read anything yet that makes me think this is worse or more deadly than the common flu.  The average age of fatalities in the US for the Wuhan virus is 80 years old. 

Putting that statement into context, requires realizing that it has already spread into the nursing homes in the Seattle area, where the most-likely deaths will occur!  And those deaths are CURRENTLY what drives the average age numbers for the US!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Well...let's just say that this is the first time in MY MEMORY where the U.S. military has locked-down travel of personnel and family members both to and from the bases in Italy and South Korea due to an overwhelmingly rapid spread of an illness!  This includes personnel and families scheduled for re-assignment who have already shipped their belongings, along with mandatory-attendance career-progression-schools that require a return the USA to attend!  In Italy, both Aviano AFB is locked down and so is Caserme Ederle in Vicenza, which is home station for the Army's 173rd Airborne Brigade Combat Team, our Quick Reaction Force for Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East!  It's gotta be REALLY BAD there for THAT to happen!  Trust me, I know!  I served in Vicenza 1973-1976 when the QRF for that entire region was JUST an Airborne Battalion Combat Team, and we trained whether we were sick or not!

I am like Carl and looking for evidence. Is this worse than the propagation rate of a bad strain of flu? The numbers in South Korea and China and Italy are nothing compared to population and normal flu deaths.

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I haven't read anything yet that makes me think this is worse or more deadly than the common flu.  The average age of fatalities in the US for the Wuhan virus is 80 years old. 

As someone who very nearly died from complications due to Influenza eighteen months ago, the dismissive attitude that so many people have about Flu, or anything even remotely as dangerous as Flu, just leaves me shaking my head.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Edgar said:

As someone who very nearly died from complications due to Influenza eighteen months ago, the dismissive attitude that so many people have about Flu, or anything even remotely as dangerous as Flu, just leaves me shaking my head.

I hope you didn't take my comments as dismissive. I'm wondering why the flu isn't getting at least Wuhan treatment .  Basically why the disparity.

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

Why are people freaking out over this when there's seemingly worse out there?

Same reason that people are terrified of flying, when the drive to the airport is far more dangerous. It's a matter of familiarity, I think.

6 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Why are people freaking out over this when there's seemingly worse out there?

As I posted elsewhere, the death rate is similar to the death rate of the Influenza / Spanish flu pandemic of 1918 (around 2% and 20 times more deadly than the 'regular' flu) where between 20 and 50 million people died.  This virus is spread during a long period where no symptoms are showing, making it very easy to spread.

Italy just put restrictions on / locked down the entire country.  This is not a quasi dictatorship liek China, Italy is a democratic country.  Does this sound like a Flu? 

• Like 2

The death rate for people in their 60's is about 3.6%.  For people in their 70's, it jumps to 8%.  Compare these rates to the "normal" flu (source), and you will see why they are taking the spread a lot more seriously.  Anyone can find reasons to argue and doubt, but never doubt monied interests.  The PTB don't shoot themselves in the feet because it feels good.

5e5fc740fee23d14eb3dd212?width=900&forma

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Italy just

22 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

What aren't they telling us?

Italy just put the entire country on lock down. 

Same is now happening within our borders in New York. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/10/us/new-rochelle-coronavirus/index.html

This is serious and much more deadly than the flu, respond accordingly.  If the Flue were this deadly, over 500,000 people whould have died in the USA alone based on 26M cases of the flu.  

I spoke to someone from China recently, this person said that they cannot believe what they are seeing in the USA  not taking this seriously. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

The Sky is Falling...

I am not slaying that the Sky is falling, but this is serious and should be addressed accordingly. 

Actually, yes, you are correct.  I am crazy.  We are very special in the USA and what is happening elsewhere can never happen here because we are so exceptional and know better than everyone else. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

The death rate for people in their 60's is about 3.6%.  For people in their 70's, it jumps to 8%.  Compare these rates to the "normal" flu (source), and you will see why they are taking the spread a lot more seriously.  Anyone can find reasons to argue and doubt, but never doubt monied interests.  The PTB don't shoot themselves in the feet because it feels good.

5e5fc740fee23d14eb3dd212?width=900&forma

Read the link. It is information that

all here should read. 

Proportion...

• Like 2