Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

3 minutes ago, Deang said:

Yes, he could read. I really liked that about him.

You're trolling again, Dean.  You're not dumb.

Do you have any opinion about the subject at hand?  The words in the thread title?

+++

I'm not given to panic and I'm not panicking now.  I do admit to being overwhelmed with the way this has affected the country all the way down to how I experience my everyday life.  I just don't understand everything going on, given the data we have.

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

You're trolling again.

How long have you been around here? When I start trolling, people call corporate and Carl sends me warning texts.

3 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Do you have any opinion about the subject at hand?

Is that a joke? You need to work on your trolling. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mustang_flht said:

Paris empty

I appreciate having you on the forum from the French point of view.  I don't trust most of the mainstream press in the US.  How is the average French citizen, including you, reacting to this dramatic and forced change of lifestyle?

• Like 1

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Y'all are going to get this thread locked.  For simple trolling and meaningless insults of government officials?  Is that worth shutting this down?

Indeed. tread lightly, folks. Stay safe.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I just don't understand everything going on, given the data we have.

Okay, yeah, a lot of people are struggling with this. The data so far shows that this thing is moving fast, and like I said, deaths are doubling every 7 - 10 days. 

This video will help explain.

https://youtu.be/mCa0JXEwDEk?fbclid=IwAR2fGgU0QB09-QF72ffBD_800GmE_w4btUVVwWDFXlHoRlOhM7a0zdewK88

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Deang said:
4 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Do you have any opinion about the subject at hand?

Is that a joke? You need to work on your trolling. 

No, it was not meant to be a joke.  And to be clear, I'm not mad at anybody.  It's just the last few posts from folks seem politically oriented.

I am late to the thread seeing as how I am desperately trying to avoid the subject.  You may have had some good thoughts early in the thread I didn't see.  For that, I apologize.

The political posts by all involved were tongue in cheek. I think everyone here can survive a light poke in the eye every now and then.

Anyways, back to the happy topic of suffering and dying.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Deang said:

Anyways, back to happy topic of suffering and dying.

You do have to admit you have that mid-western sense of dry humor.  It's an under-appreciated acquired taste.  😎

8 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I am late to the thread seeing as how I am desperately trying to avoid the subject.  You may have had some good thoughts early in the thread I didn't see.

Sorry, I missed this. Yes, my first post on this was on page 41, about half way down the page.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Go ahead.  We'll just start another thread.

that may not be possible if this virus mutates and becomes computerized. I think some on the forum will have their heads explode if they can enlighten us or criticize us on ... everything. 

8 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

You do have to admit you have that mid-western sense of dry humor.  It's an under-appreciated acquired taste.  😎

Yeah, it doesn't translate well across the keyboard. It doesn't really work well in real life either. Most people want to beat me up.

• Haha 4

• Moderators

The moderators and Chad are watching this thread. Like Chad said “tread lightly”. It would be a shame to get this thread locked...and the next one on this topic. Even worse would be having to ban someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

LOL, I had to look it up.

Trump Derangement Syndrome is a term applied by some writers to describe critics of US President Donald Trump, including liberals and progressives, whom they accuse of responding to statements and political actions by Trump in a manner verging on the irrational, without regard to his actual position or action taken.

I'm sorry but I didn't have to look that up. Trump's Deranged Sycophants has alway been the definition as I see it. What is politics doing here?

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Deang said:

Seriously Dave, check out the youtube video I posted the link to.

I watched it.  Thanks.

I'm doing another project now so I'm short on time for the moment so I can't dig up the link, but I think Ben Shaperio also did a nice presentation on why all this shutdown is necessary.  It had to do with regression towards the mean, and flattening the (bell) curve.