Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

We’ve had our 1st case in town and several other new cases just to the west of us. It is starting to remind me of the movie ‘Aliens’ where the humans were all locked in and secure.......   but the toothy creatures still slowly make inroads towards their sanctuary. Hold on to your helmets......   this could be a rough ride. We’ve got several scientific entities laying claims to treatments and vaccines. Let’s hope that at least one of those comes to fruition in really short order.

• Like 1

Like WW2 the gov’t has requested industry to shift production to fill urgent needs. Then Detroit shifted from making cars to tanks. Now Tesla is shifting from cars and spacecraft to building medical ventilators. And that demand is kind of the tip of the medical supply nightmare. Cuz if you require mechanical ventilation you also will require tons of other things. And who is going to be operating all of these ventilators? Great Britain has already called for retired healthcare personnel to be ready to return to work. And since they’re older it is like asking them to sacrifice their lives. “We who are about to die salute the queen.”

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Seems like the country might get locked down starting next week.  I'll see if I can find the article again.

May have been fake news as I'm having trouble finding the article again.  No, it wasn't on fakebook.

27 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Like WW2 the gov’t has requested industry to shift production to fill urgent needs. Then Detroit shifted from making cars to tanks. Now Tesla is shifting from cars and spacecraft to building medical ventilators. And that demand is kind of the tip of the medical supply nightmare. Cuz if you require mechanical ventilation you also will require tons of other things. And who is going to be operating all of these ventilators? Great Britain has already called for retired healthcare personnel to be ready to return to work. And since they’re older it is like asking them to sacrifice their lives. “We who are about to die salute the queen.”

...not everybody is in it just for the money...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

The real challenge will continue to be convincing the invincible to take it seriously.

Continuing to socialize indiscriminately in person is now a perverted form of anti-social behaviour.

Kids will be kids!

For as long as their parents won’t be parents.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

I doubt the couples staying home and creating the boom are wearing masks and gloves while doing so.  The possibility that the virus can be spread by semen seems, all but, irrelevant.

“Some of these viruses can even cause mutations in the DNA of sperm, which could then fertilize an egg and pass along the virus-induced mutations to future generations“

This is the concern, not the intimate contact itself.  

Maynard

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Anybody here actually know anybody with this? We have 60K people in the county where I live and not a single confirmed case yet.

There is a couple of members here who do, a page back. Some unconfirmed

• Like 1

New Mexico has 27 cases as of yesterday.

Most are up around Albuquerque and Santa Fe (the special people). We have 2 in Socorro Country who came back from Egypt with it and are self quarantining.

In Catron Country (where I live) there are none. We have a population density (average) of one person per 2 square miles.

It's mail day so I will be going to the mail boxes at 10 to get the mail. That's one of my biggest exposure days of which there are 3 per week.

We have been self quarantining for years.

Might go to Walmart next week in Socorro.

15 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Anybody here actually know anybody with this? We have 60K people in the county where I live and not a single confirmed case yet.

One confirmed case in our county.  No one that I know.  252K people here.

• Like 1