Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

• Moderators
1 hour ago, KlipschFish said:
2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Yes.  We know them not and can only judge them by their actons which were stupid.

I'm with Pete on this one.  Please post the video they saw so we can judge for ourselves.

I told you where I saw the news. You are welcome to see the same  thing I did.

It was reported on by a few new channels falsely.  What a surprise

What was said originally was a chemical which is used for the drug for Malaria which  possibly could be used as a treatment tested in another country.

What the idiot took was something that SOUNDED similar which is a chemical in fish tank cleaner.

Big difference, check for the truth when listening to some or all news. They are not really concerned with giving people the facts, maby 30 years ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, dtel said:

Big difference, check for the truth when listening to some or all news. They are not really concerned with giving people the facts, maby 30 years ago.

It is worse today as the news used to be a loss leader that was rationalized as an exchange for broadcast licenses.

However, watch Ken Burns documentary on the Vietnam war.  Fifty plus years ago, the news said that in their spare time, soldiers were volunteering to help the locals.  Complete whitewashing to paint a rosy picture.  These guys were in a living hell and the stories on the news here were complete BS.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

stories on the news here were complete BS.

and nothing, no something, has changed
Who What When Where How the mantra of journalism classes back then; now IMO, it is ratings / political alliance 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Same as it ever was...

The difference is people were more naive then.

“News” was tightly controlled back then. I agree that people were more trusting of their government and talking heads. Seems naive now but unless you could get access to foreign press sources, you didn’t have anything else to go on.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Randyh said:

you be the judge

36 minutes ago, Randyh said:

you can escape , guns , bombs

I don't see how you can say that someone can escape gun violence or bombs being dropped on you can be escaped but a virus can't. To me, a lot of it is random, by chance.

Edit> One can move to where a bomb, gun shot or virus might be less likely.

• Like 1