Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

8 minutes ago, Randyh said:

their headquarters are in Geneva Switzerland

And the guy who is running it is

"World Health Organization (WHO) Director Tedros Adhanom ...is a compromised, former senior leader of an Ethiopian terrorist group, and should be tried for Crimes Against Humanity and Ethnic Cleansing."

He was #3 head honcho for them at one time and there is plenty of news out there on this. So no he is NOT a reliable source of info and was  put into that spot by China of Wuhan Virus fame.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

And the guy who is running it is

"World Health Organization (WHO) Director Tedros Adhanom ...is a compromised, former senior leader of an Ethiopian terrorist group, and should be tried for Crimes Against Humanity and Ethnic Cleansing."

He was #3 head honcho for them at one time and there is plenty of news out there on this. So no he is NOT a reliable source of info and was  put into that spot by China of Wuhan Virus fame.

There you go.....

2 hours ago, Fish said:
  2 hours ago, Randyh said:

Are there any specific medicines to prevent or treat the new coronavirus?

To date, there is no specific medicine recommended to prevent or treat the new coronavirus (2019-nCoV).

However, those infected with the virus should receive appropriate care to relieve and treat symptoms, and those with severe illness should receive optimized supportive care. Some specific treatments are under investigation, and will be tested through clinical trials. WHO is helping to accelerate research and development efforts with a range or partners.

Ehh...Not what my Dr said ! The people that have used hydroxychloroquine or combo as prescribed AROUND THE WORLD are SUPER HAPPY THEY DID ! South Korea for example. Watching the "news" thinking, Surely NOBODY HATES TRUMP so much they would NOT want a drug to work on EVEN ONE PERSON ! SURELY ???? It's science you understand.........

Yes can't agree more.  Not sure why the press continues to just poke and be demeaning when they try to twist their questioning to try to put him on the spot.  Really sad when we can't just come together and try to succeed in overcoming this. Really SAD.  We don't hear complaints and questions about NY not buying ventilators though demanding the Federal govmt. provide some.

2 hours ago, Randyh said:

Are there any specific medicines to prevent or treat the new coronavirus?

To date, there is no specific medicine recommended to prevent or treat the new coronavirus (2019-nCoV).

However, those infected with the virus should receive appropriate care to relieve and treat symptoms, and those with severe illness should receive optimized supportive care. Some specific treatments are under investigation, and will be tested through clinical trials. WHO is helping to accelerate research and development efforts with a range or partners.

Not sure (well maybe I know) after posting of the link we have each one of eighteen individually posted here.

57 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

We don't hear complaints and questions about NY not buying ventilators though demanding the Federal govmt. provide some.

On the other hand, I heard complaints that NY was exaggerating its need for ventilators, followed by comments they should have stocked up long ago after it turned out the need was real.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

On the other hand, I heard complaints that NY was exaggerating its need for ventilators, followed by comments they should have stocked up long ago after it turned out the need was real.

i have heard that their constant cry for ventilators is based on their projection of need not that they are short right now.   But, who knows the truth in this day and age. 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Fish said:

Ehh...Not what my Dr said ! The people that have used hydroxychloroquine or combo as prescribed AROUND THE WORLD are SUPER HAPPY THEY DID ! South Korea for example. Watching the "news" thinking, Surely NOBODY HATES TRUMP so much they would NOT want a drug to work on EVEN ONE PERSON ! SURELY ???? It's science you understand.........

The latest French study, which looked at the study the President referred to, says Hydroxychloroquine and antibiotics is of no effect.

"However, a study just published in a French medical journal provides new evidence that hydroxychloroquine does not appear to help the immune system clear the coronavirus from the body. The study comes on the heels of two others – one in France and one in China – that reported some benefits in the combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin for COVID-19 patients who didn’t have severe symptoms of the virus."

Science indeed.

Which is why our number one physician/scientist wants to wait for the gold standard, randomized studies with placebo.

The first French study was on people with "mild" symptoms.

The side effects of hydroxychloroquine are potentially deadly, you need to be on an ECG and closely monitored in a hospital. If you are a heart patient you might not be suitable. 

Here.is the latest study.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0399077X20300858?via%3Dihub

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
The latest French study, which looked at the study the President referred to, says Hydroxychloroquine and antibiotics is of no effect.

"However, a study just published in a French medical journal provides new evidence that hydroxychloroquine does not appear to help the immune system clear the coronavirus from the body. The study comes on the heels of two others – one in France and one in China – that reported some benefits in the combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin for COVID-19 patients who didn’t have severe symptoms of the virus."

Science indeed.

Which is why our number one physician/scientist wants to wait for the gold standard, randomized studies with placebo.

The first French study was on people with "mild" symptoms.

The side effects of hydroxychloroquine are potentially deadly, you need to be on an ECG and closely monitored in a hospital. If you are a heart patient you might not be suitable. 

Here.is the latest study.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0399077X20300858?via%3Dihub

Really strange. Rudy said he took a drastic turn for the better when he was given hydroxychloroquine. Coincidence???

I don’t recall anyone saying it helps the immune system “clear” the virus.

Or just another play on words?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Randyh said:

Drinking alcohol does not protect you against COVID-19 and can be dangerous

Frequent or excessive alcohol consumption can increase your risk of health problems. 

This is an outrage? I have plenty of evidence that refutes this.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

Really strange. Rudy said he took a drastic turn for the better when he was given hydroxychloroquine. Coincidence???

I don’t recall anyone saying it helps the immune system “clear” the virus.

Or just another play on words?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that science. Read the journal article and get back to me.