Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

37 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

If I contract this virus I will not go to the hospital. I do not want to die alone in a room with no one around.

if i get it, chances are that it will take me. i don’t mind dying alone. at least i’d have the peace of mind knowing that i wasn’t spreading it to my loved ones ... although living in the same house, chances are that they’d already been exposed. My kids all live far away ... i would tell them NOT to come up here. 

i already told my brother that if i got it and it got to the point of me having to go to the hospital, NO VENTILATOR.  I will either live or die without it. if it gets that bad, then just let my clock run out. 

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

if i get it, chances are that it will take me. i don’t mind dying alone. at least i’d have the peace of mind knowing that i wasn’t spreading it to my loved ones ... although living in the same house, chances are that they’d already been exposed. My kids all live far away ... i would tell them NOT to come up here. 

i already told my brother that if i got it and it got to the point of me having to go to the hospital, NO VENTILATOR.  I will either live or die without it. if it gets that bad, then just let my clock run out. 

"No Ventilator": I suspect that you've never been in an ICU gasping for air like a fish out of water? Trust me, if that horrible day ever comes you are very much going to want a ventilator. If unable to give informed consent you are going to hope that there is one available and that they hook you up.

Reality is very much dependent on circumstances.

Wb

• Like 2

• Moderators

I was hiding it as you quoted it so I had  to hide both.

I was going to remove the video but it was embedded and not a pic so all I could do was hide it. 

57 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

If I contract this virus I will not go to the hospital. I do not want to die alone in a room with no one around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t think I’d be this fatalistic. If you’re in somewhat good health odds are still very much in your favor. You could need some fluids or a little O2 and antibiotics and you’d be good to go. Stay home and forego those simple things and it might be curtains. BTW I abhor hospitals but they are not places to go to die. Just obey and be vigilant. Make sure the meds they administer are correct and in correct dosages. And above all else if you’ve got a lot to live for - fight like hell to live.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dtel's wife said:

You most certainly will. You'll go in there and die miserably like the rest of us. 🙂

• Moderators
Don’t think I’d be this fatalistic. If you’re in somewhat good health odds are still very much in your favor. You could need some fluids or a little O2 and antibiotics and you’d be good to go. Stay home and forego those simple things and it might be curtains. BTW I abhor hospitals but they are not places to go to die. Just obey and be vigilant. Make sure the meds they administer are correct and in correct dosages. And above all else if you’ve got a lot to live for - fight like hell to live.

I’m not in good health I have COPD brought on by mold and mildew after Katrina. Yes I have a lot to live for, but I refuse to die alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Wolfbane said:

"No Ventilator": I suspect that you've never been in an ICU gasping for air like a fish out of water?

i have had breathing problems most of my life. Besides, some of us aren’t grasping this life as if this is all there is. I’ve thought of this very much for several years. i've given my instructions to my brother and i’m confident that he and my children will honor it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deang said:
3 hours ago, dtel's wife said:

You most certainly will. You'll go in there and die miserably like the rest of us. 🙂

Actually I had a nasty bike accident Saturday . Feels like there's part of a football on my lower back , doesn't hurt unless I lean back on it . The thing is I tore some stuff in my chest and coughing and or laughing will stop me in my tracks . Overall I feel I came out of it better than I should have . The Covid 19 symptoms would be tuff .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wvu80 said:

There are other factors such as US politics and our US media mis-reporting the facts and background of the story which has lead to a false narrative and a faulty conclusion. 

If this is considered *too political* please say so, and I'll refrain.

There have been quite a few posts here about China's numbers being kept low by the Communist Party. Some other authoritarian states are doing the same. This is probably accurate. Time will tell... or not.

However, can we rely on the numbers of so-called free, open, democratic countries, of which the US is the role-model? I'd say: be careful with that.

1) The people of the US seem to be blinded by the media mis-reporting the facts and by false narrative (see quote above)

2) In my country, Belgium, the government only counted the dead in hospitals. We've reached +2000 now. But yesterday, it became clear that the numbers of the dead in 'resting homes for the elderly' were not included. There, almost 700 deads occurred. These numbers were hidden from the public (they say they weren't reported) and the caretakers were not provided with masks and safety clothing, no testing was done up to yesterday. The government was forced to publish these numbers, only after numerous accounts by caretakers of horrible situations (in some homes up to 40% of the population was covid-positive) were published in the  press. Belgian politicians would have preferred to 'hide these numbers under the carpet'. (Note: the average price for staying in a home like that is €1900 per month).

3) My government meekly follows the instructions and the norms of the WHO, whose official standpoint is that wearing a mask is useless. The WHO has been criticized here in this forum, and I would love to learn more about the arguments for that, because here in Belgium, we are unaware of this, and independent journalists don't report on this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Randyh said:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/belgium/

Belgium Coronavirus Cases:  22,194  Deaths:2,035

These numbers  are wrong. There is little or no testing in Belgium as we speak. We simply don't have the tests nor the capacity to test large numbers.  Even people who have all the symptoms, but in a mild form, or not tested. The Belgium government made 12,000 test available for old people living in resting homes, but there are 70,000 people like that, and it is unclear if these tests will the used on the elderly or on the personnel looking after them.

According to the Belgian official corona expert, Dr. Van Ranst, the only reliable number for Belgium is the number of patients diagnosed with covid 19 that are in Intensive Care.

This is a graph showing those number up to April 6th (and you can see that the we have managed to flatten the curve):

image.png.c6d92709bbcc2d7e29ddf954ba56c119.png

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Randyh said:

ok - how about these numbers ---from  the Brussels Times  ---accurate or inaccurate

https://www.brusselstimes.com/all-news/belgium-all-news/105230/coronavirus-belgium-surpasses-2000-deaths/

Accurate up to a point. They added 241 deaths from care centers, but another official used a number above 600 in the Flemish parliament (yes, we have many parliaments in Belgium), and for now it is unclear if those 400 have been added to the official number or not. Apparently, counting the dead and registering them in the correct way is a complex matter, these days. They hope to bring the correct numbers in a couple of days.

It is my theory that the Flemish and Belgian government are trying to 'sweep the number of deaths in care centers' under the carpet for two reasons:

1) to avoid a panic among the relatives and the care workers and

2) to not be held responsible politically for the tragedy that is happening  right now in the care centers, which is: the old people are not tested, not treated, not given the care they deserve, while the health care workers are not given the proper protection (masks etc) Belgium has chosen, not for the 'herd/group immunity', but simply to not take care of the most vulnerable group (the 80+ group, with a 15% death rate). The local government (Wouter Beke) blames the federal government, and vice versa. While the people are dying...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Here in the US, vaccine manufacturers are protected under a total liability shield which, in my mind, allows them to turn out unsafe and inadequately tested products.   I am confident that the vaccine for this virus will fall under that umbrella as well.  To me, the implications are frightening given the fact that our own leaders consider vaccines “unavoidably unsafe.”  Those who are interested in learning about this very serious issue will find the following article informative :

https://law.emory.edu/elj/content/volume-67/issue-3/articles/liability-vaccine-injury-united-european-world.html

Maynard

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ILI said:

It is my theory that the Flemish and Belgian government are trying to 'sweep the number of deaths in care centers' under the carpet

A lot of people here believe that the numbers in some countries are being inflated. Funny how one inflates numbers and others deflate the numbers, both for similar reasons. 

• Like 1

First, you need a test that stops kicking out false negatives and false positives 50% of the time. Then you need aggressive and extensive testing. If you aren’t doing that, then the only numbers you can really trust are hospital admissions and deaths.

• Like 3