Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

7 hours ago, Randyh said:

the death numbers in the USA -CANADA-iTALY-SPAIN -GERMANY are all accurate -----------they are not accurate in China

No actually the numbers here in the USA are not accurate. The people dying are those with underlying causes for over 95% of deaths. They are however being reported as Wuhan Virus deaths and not as a combination of serious pre-existing conditions + Wuhan virus. But see the very same thing is true with the Flu which also hits this same exact group hardest and killed over 61,000 here in the USA TWO YEARS AGO! There is so much complete obfuscation by media over all this it beggars the imagination. You come down with this get your Doctor to prescribe some T Pills and be on the road quickly to recovery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ILI said:

It is my theory that the Flemish and Belgian government are trying to 'sweep the number of deaths in care centers' under the carpet for two reasons:

1) to avoid a panic among the relatives and the care workers and

2) to not be held responsible politically for the tragedy that is happening  right now in the care centers, which is: the old people are not tested, not treated, not given the care they deserve, while the health care workers are not given the proper protection (masks etc) Belgium has chosen, not for the 'herd/group immunity', but simply to not take care of the most vulnerable group (the 80+ group, with a 15% death rate). The local government (Wouter Beke) blames the federal government, and vice versa. While the people are dying...

It’s times like these where finger pointing is at its highest — 👉 😐 👈

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Randyh said:
8 hours ago, ILI said:

1) The people of the US seem to be blinded by the media

the death numbers in the USA -CANADA-iTALY-SPAIN -GERMANY are all accurate -----------they are not accurate in China

I do think many in the US are blinded by the media.  We tend to pick our favorite source of news and then if something is mis-reported, that becomes our "facts."

An example of how two media groups report the same objective facts.  (not political because I am going to blast both ways)

Fact:  The president orders a travel ban to and from X country, doesn't matter which one doesn't matter when.

Media L reports the president didn't move fast enough and therefore he is responsible for thousands of deaths.  THE MEDIA then insists the president should be tried in an international court as a mass murderer. 

Media C reports the president acted swiftly and decisively therefore saving countless thousands of lives and slowing the growth of Covid19.

My opinion is that the viewer tends to believe is whichever media they are watching.  Then there are those who are skeptical of both sides.  I put myself in the latter category.  I need multiple sources from all sides before I can make my judgement about which media I can trust.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I need multiple sources from all sides before I can make my judgement about which media I can trust.

That may well be the case in the US: the news media are *owned* by one party or another and fabricate their own 'facts'.

In Europe, there is a tradition of 'backroom politics': facts, contracts, trade deals are kept from the public, sometimes with a 'gag order' and it is up to the journalists to uncover the truth. We tend to call the press the fourth leg of democracy. 

Example: in 2018, the Belgian government decided to destroy a strategic stock of surgical masks, 24 million in total, 2 million of them coveted NP2, which were bought in 2009 after the mexican flu epidemic. For saving money, these strategic stocks were not replaced by new masks in 2018. 

The Belgian politicians were hiding this scandal from the public, of course, because they wanted to protect the responsible politicians.

If it wasn't for the independent journalism, they would have succeeded.

Politicians like to cash in big time, but when it comes to taking up responsibility, they like to point to the other guy...

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

if i get it, chances are that it will take me. i don’t mind dying alone. at least i’d have the peace of mind knowing that i wasn’t spreading it to my loved ones ... although living in the same house, chances are that they’d already been exposed. My kids all live far away ... i would tell them NOT to come up here. 

i already told my brother that if i got it and it got to the point of me having to go to the hospital, NO VENTILATOR.  I will either live or die without it. if it gets that bad, then just let my clock run out. 

ALL MY OPINION, I'm NOT a Doctor. Just adding info for consideration. On it's face this may sound like a bad idea (no vent). It may be that NOT going on a ventilator MAY save your life. The semi latest thinking (not from the herd) is vents are likely contributing to deaths. The last guy, my Uncle that I saw on one walked into the hospital by himself just feeling a little under the weather ,cautious with underlying issues. He never walked out. There is more and more info that these vents are damaging lungs and other organs in the c19 treatment. A better method is mask with light force and oxygen, steroids early for inflammation, patient on stomach. Strangely the same guy I saw way over a month ago talking about hydroxychloroquine with his crayon also said vents bad, put em' on their stomach and the same things some Docs are now discovering. The virus dont kill, your body's reaction can killl you is my thinking. Like I said, I'M NO Doc. This is just for reading and consideration. I do have an overactive immune system that has tried to kill me more than once, like everyday. Steroids keep me alive and breathing, with the associated trade offs....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fish said:

these vents are damaging lungs

I believe I read here in this forum that vents are indeed very complex machines that need constant tweaking and care. If not, lungs may get damaged. People normally are not kept on vents longer than 3 to 4 days. With covid 19, it is often required for more than seven days. If so, it takes many weeks to recover from that.

4 minutes ago, ILI said:

I believe I read here in this forum that vents are indeed very complex machines that need constant tweaking and care. If not, lungs may get damaged.

My wife is a nurse and I am not knowledgeable about medical things.  I asked her exactly what a ventilator was.  She said essentially it is a machine that breathes for you.

I never knew that!  😲

FAKE FALSE HATE News is digging their own grave. They could have a rule ALL stories reported as fact MUST be verified. If a mistake is made, it must be retracted on the FRONT PAGE not page 200 at the bottom. They (media bosses) could say, you break the rule you never work in media again. If you cannot verify, you just don't report it as a fact, state it is opinion only, period. They could gain confidence by only reporting the truth and facts. But..the overwhelming lies and distortion purported as news leaves most trusting NO MEDIA, even the ones they agree with. Do people want lies, I suppose some do, but not smart people which should be running the show. If they stated this as their goal, across all media and worked to make it happen they could regain credibility. I suppose they may lose money so it ain't gonna happen. We need a free and fair press. We do not need lies , distortion and hate 24/7. It's not doing us any good that I can see. ALL just MY OPINION.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, billybob said:

Thanks for your point of view.

Is it Prednisone?

Thanks!

Yep,  without it my lungs overflow fluid, causing easy infection and very difficult breathing even in the best of times.

• Like 1

Yes, I'm prescribed to be. Prednisone allows my lungs to do their job without being way over inflamed and then flooded. it's a very interesting story story of development of prednisone. When it was first created they used it on arthritis patients that could not even stand. Very soon afterwards these patients could dance. Not too long after that they discovered the terrible side effects bone degeneration and other issues

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave A said:

No actually the numbers here in the USA are not accurate. The people dying are those with underlying causes for over 95% of deaths. They are however being reported as Wuhan Virus deaths and not as a combination of serious pre-existing conditions + Wuhan virus. But see the very same thing is true with the Flu which also hits this same exact group hardest and killed over 61,000 here in the USA TWO YEARS AGO! There is so much complete obfuscation by media over all this it beggars the imagination. You come down with this get your Doctor to prescribe some T Pills and be on the road quickly to recovery.

Where did you get the 95% figure from?

JJK

1 hour ago, JJkizak said:

Where did you get the 95% figure from?

JJK

I believe Dr Brix. elaborated on that.  They are assuming that if you had COVID-19 that it exacerbated the original problem thus causing your death.  The thought is you would live through your heart attack if it was coming if you didn't have COVID-19 also.  I'm split on my thought here.  I understand the rationale though it too is not accurate though how do you really qualify it?

11 hours ago, ILI said:

If this is considered *too political* please say so, and I'll refrain.

There have been quite a few posts here about China's numbers being kept low by the Communist Party. Some other authoritarian states are doing the same. This is probably accurate. Time will tell... or not.

However, can we rely on the numbers of so-called free, open, democratic countries, of which the US is the role-model? I'd say: be careful with that.

1) The people of the US seem to be blinded by the media mis-reporting the facts and by false narrative (see quote above)

2) In my country, Belgium, the government only counted the dead in hospitals. We've reached +2000 now. But yesterday, it became clear that the numbers of the dead in 'resting homes for the elderly' were not included. There, almost 700 deads occurred. These numbers were hidden from the public (they say they weren't reported) and the caretakers were not provided with masks and safety clothing, no testing was done up to yesterday. The government was forced to publish these numbers, only after numerous accounts by caretakers of horrible situations (in some homes up to 40% of the population was covid-positive) were published in the  press. Belgian politicians would have preferred to 'hide these numbers under the carpet'. (Note: the average price for staying in a home like that is €1900 per month).

3) My government meekly follows the instructions and the norms of the WHO, whose official standpoint is that wearing a mask is useless. The WHO has been criticized here in this forum, and I would love to learn more about the arguments for that, because here in Belgium, we are unaware of this, and independent journalists don't report on this.

The great famine in China of 1959 through 1961 was reported by the Chinese Communist Party to have resulted in one million deaths. The actual number is approximately 45 million deaths. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Chinese_Famine

This closely reflects Stalin's great lie on the number of deaths in the Ukraine in the early 1930's after he had the Soviet Union's communist party seize the food crops there and force collectivized farms. It resulted in the deaths of  approximately 10 million Ukrainians as is called the Holodormor today. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor

The numbers of those currently infected worldwide by the Wuhan Virus, including in the western world, are approximately 14 days behind as this is the average number of days that those infected commence showing symptoms and test positive. I used to do Numerical Simulation in a past life and these are the type of models used for projections of this virus today (also for Climate Models). The current death rate is an average of 4.8%. See: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?utm_campaign=homeAdvegas1?

WRT the WHO, for the first time ever it is being run by a non MD as Director General (Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus a member of the Communist Party of Ethiopia and former Foreign Minister of Ethiopia with a PHD in Community Health). He was supported by China and the African Union (for Director General in 2017 over the candidate from the UK) and has consistently mishandled the current pandemic, puppeting the Chinese Party's lies regarding the seriousness of this virus, going so far as to claim that human-to-human transmission was not possible early on . His previous claim to fame in this role was to appoint Robert Mugabe in 2017 as 'Goodwill Ambassador' for the WHO. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tedros_Adhanom

Given the above, the US is reviewing their ongoing financial support of the WHO as of yesterday. This support amounts to approximately 23% of the WHO's $250,000,000 budget and reflects just the 'assessed' number. Canada contributes between 2 and 3%, Belgium 0.8% and China ~ 11.6% (kind of disportionate isn't it?). Private individuals, like the Gates foundation and others have also donated millions of their own foundation dollars to the WHO. See: https://www.who.int/about/finances-accountability/funding/AC_Status_Report_2020.pdf?ua=1

Wb

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

People typically are not placed on ventilators until they are clearly failing to support their own breathing. Most folks can not conceive of breathing as being ‘work’. Well it is work and when lungs are compromised enough getting them to ventilate and oxygenate requires every bit of work you can muster. And after doing that for awhile you simply tucker out - exhausted you quickly proceed from respiratory insufficiency to respiratory failure. And w/o intervention you can die in a matter of minutes.

That said, in busy hospitals the people operating those ventilators are very overworked. They are less able to tailor the settings to the specific needs of the patient. Some of the vents shown are transport units and not critical care machines. They were not designed to provide the needed settings required to ideally manage these very sick lungs. Any patients sharing a vent are doubly compromised.

It’s a catch 22 folks. You’re fatigued and sick and not able to functionally breathe for yourself and the best available care for that is not the best ‘possible’. BTW we certainly can keep folks on vents for extended periods. With proper care years, even decades on mechanical ventilation is well within our capability. Stephen Hawkins was one such example.

Lastly - I describe work of breathing above in the context of this acute covid19 disease. Now in chronic lung disease it can progress to that same level of breathing permanently. Essentially there is not enough lung remaining to support life. You entire existence revolves around each breath you take and that’s all you do because that’s all you can do. You sit still and work to breath. So as I periodically ‘rant’ about vaping, smoking dope...... any type of unnecessary lung abuse..... this is my compass. Until science can figure out how you can grow a new pair of lungs - you only have the ones you own. Cherish those things. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1