Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

Today's COVID-19 updated news of US,

Total Cases: 418,044, New cases: +17,709, Total death: 14,214, New death: +1,373, Total recovered: 22,184, Active cases: 381,646, Critical: 9,224, Top cases/1M pop: 1,263, Deaths/1M pop: 43, Total tests: 2,172,976, Testa/ 1M pop: 6,565

2 hours ago, Fish said:

Yep,  without it my lungs overflow fluid, causing easy infection and very difficult breathing even in the best of times.

Steroids, when used long term or in high doses, can elevate intraocular pressure (which may increase glaucoma risk), and can cause cataracts.   Do you get your eyes checked regularly?

Maynard

4 hours ago, Dave A said:

No actually the numbers here in the USA are not accurate. The people dying are those with underlying causes for over 95% of deaths. They are however being reported as Wuhan Virus deaths and not as a combination of serious pre-existing conditions + Wuhan virus. But see the very same thing is true with the Flu which also hits this same exact group hardest and killed over 61,000 here in the USA TWO YEARS AGO! There is so much complete obfuscation by media over all this it beggars the imagination. You come down with this get your Doctor to prescribe some T Pills and be on the road quickly to recovery.

Officially, and practically, you catch this virus and subsequently pass away while infected you have indeed died from the virus with underlying health issues being a contributory factor. It's a 'but for the fact' issue.

Reportedly African Americans are dying disproportionately after getting infected. This reflects the high incidence of underlying health issues in this community of diabetes and heart ailments,  etc.

Wb

2 hours ago, billybob said:

Prednisone

hard, but effective drug.  have taken it many times for my Asthma flare-ups.  Prednisone saved me from shoulder surgery. I was about five days away from the surgery date and my asthma went nuts. doctor gave me some prednisone and two days later, for the first time in a year, i could lift my arm above my waist. 

A year of chronic inflammation was gone. called the surgeon and canceled the surgery.  He was going to shave off some of the bones to make more room. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, dtel's wife said:

I’m not in good health I have COPD brought on by mold and mildew after Katrina. Yes I have a lot to live for, but I refuse to die alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mold and mildew after a hurricane in the hotter part of N. America where these primarily occur may not be avoidable. You can proactively take actions to personally avoid this virus: isolate at home as much as practicable, wear a mask when you absolutely have to go out (N95 works best), keep a good distance between yourself and others, wear disposable gloves too if/when required, wash your hands constantly, avoid touching your face, etc.

Boost your immune system with Zinc lozenges, Vitamins C and D.

Wb

• Like 3

The wife is still on a death watch across town.  Watching her 96 yo mother wither away before her eyes must be difficult.

My situational bachelorhood seems trivial in comparison.  I manage to pass the time watching Castaway and re-reading Robinson Crusoe.

Did you say something Wilson?

This is only Wednesday, can’t wait for Friday to get here.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

The wife is still on a death watch across town.  Watching her 96 yo mother wither away before her eyes must be difficult.

My situational bachelorhood seems trivial in comparison.  I manage to pass the time watching Castaway and re-reading Robinson Crusoe.

Did you say something Wilson?

This is only Wednesday, can’t wait for Friday to get here.

Prayers for you, your wife and your wife's Mom dude !!

Rog

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tube fanatic said:

Steroids, when used long term or in high doses, can elevate intraocular pressure (which may increase glaucoma risk), and can cause cataracts.   Do you get your eyes checked regularly?

Maynard

Eyes checked...good point, only the dmv recently. She said man you got good eyes. That's close as I've been for years. As to Steroids...I think if you take any you should well understand their use and pro and con. I take what's considered a small amount, and even that is not full time. A large then tapered dose, sometimes minor maintenance in between.  I'm the kind of guy that only uses the minimum of most things, except electricity.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fish said:

FAKE FALSE HATE News is digging their own grave. They could have a rule ALL stories reported as fact MUST be verified. If a mistake is made, it must be retracted on the FRONT PAGE not page 200 at the bottom. They (media bosses) could say, you break the rule you never work in media again. If you cannot verify, you just don't report it as a fact, state it is opinion only, period. They could gain confidence by only reporting the truth and facts. But..the overwhelming lies and distortion purported as news leaves most trusting NO MEDIA, even the ones they agree with. Do people want lies, I suppose some do, but not smart people which should be running the show. If they stated this as their goal, across all media and worked to make it happen they could regain credibility. I suppose they may lose money so it ain't gonna happen. We need a free and fair press. We do not need lies , distortion and hate 24/7. It's not doing us any good that I can see. ALL just MY OPINION.

So much can be said but you’ve said the majority. And the horse(s)  you speak of has left the barn long, long ago, never to be seen again.

The barn was burned down and the horse now Elmers — . Today’s news outlets are yesteryears newspaper editorial columns. It’s more entertainment than news - pick what entertains you best — 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Sadly, i’ve seen that numerous times including a teenage relative. When they turn off life support, it’s not gory, but it sure is horrifying just watching the monitors and watching the numbers move towards zero. 

hang in there Neil. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, richieb said:

Today’s news outlets are yesteryears newspaper editorial columns. It’s more entertainment than news - pick what entertains you best — 

i think too many people have already decided what they want to believe and search out whichever news source tickles their ears. 

People don’t want to know the truth, they want to have their opinions validated. Shameful that people cheat themselves in this way.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i think too many people have already decided what they want to believe and search out whichever news source tickles their ears. 

People don’t want to know the truth, they want to have their opinions validated. Shameful that people cheat themselves in this way.

Yes, and now we have FB and other social media to 'count on' to tell us more of what we want to hear. I have thought about this. Regardless if someone is pro this or anti that, they have the circle of friends and most believe that, since everyone who follow them on fb believe the same thing, then it has to be true. Fabricated news, photo shopped pictures, numbers that can't be supported, and people believe it. 

• Like 5