Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

• Moderators
1 hour ago, pzannucci said:

Sorry, just get frosted with the gamesmanship of these folks.  They all are trying to fit their own narrative which drives me crazy.  Just tell the truth and let the consumer make the decision.  Best to just roll them all into a big ball.....

It's true, I figured there was enough panic and the sky is falling so I tried to break it up, not very successfully.

At least were not getting the hourly sick and dead total here lately. 

giphy.gif

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, dtel said:

It's true, I figured there was enough panic and the sky is falling so I tried to break it up, not very successfully.

At least were not getting the hourly sick and dead total here lately. 

giphy.gif

The mainstream media ain't got nothing on the Klipsch Forum ... we can come up enough information to fill a 25-hour day (and probably just as much guesswork) and if not, we'll recirculate the same old information -- the clever ones rephrase it.  but yes, glad that the body count posts have slowed. Best gif I've seen posted though. 

• Like 3

Actually I would like to see the latest list of therapeutics that are now being tested and becoming available.  More chance of getting us out of lock down and back to work.

Rudy's seemed to be a fantastic success.  It'd be nice to know what else is in the pipeline.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pzannucci said:

Actually I would like to see the latest list of therapeutics that are now being tested and becoming available.  More chance of getting us out of lock down and back to work.

Rudy's seemed to be a fantastic success.  It'd be nice to know what else is in the pipeline.

Well there is that RA med, Adivair(?)

We should consider the plight of those, mostly women, now staying at home with abusers.  It’s predictable that conditions which strain stable individuals will precipitate violence from less stable persons.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, DizRotus said:

We should consider the plight of those, mostly women, now staying at home with abusers.  It’s predictable that conditions which strain stable individuals will precipitate violence from less stable persons.

Was bad that I already got 3 Amber alerts this week when I usually get one every 6 mos.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Walking the aisles of the grocery stores and hardware store while listening to pre-recorded messages on social distancing, safe handling, etc. makes me feel like I'm inside an Orweillian story.  It has an eeriness about it.

That and looking at the pictures they show of LA and NY on the news, couldn't agree more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JJkizak said:

If we did nothing as they did in the 1918 flu epidemic we would have 300 million people dead worldwide.

JJK

It would be a mistake to say that nothing was done. The Electron Microscope did not exist before its development in Germany in the mid to late 1930's. Microscopes, as they existed in 1917 through 1920 did not have the resolution to see the Avian Virus that is suspected to be responsible for the Greatest Pandemic of the 20th Century.

People did know enough to wear masks (primarily made from gauze),  practice frequent hand washing and distance themselves from others. Some remote villages remained unaffected entirely. This was accomplished by putting out armed guards 24/7 some distance away to prevent the entry and exit of all who wanted to come into or leave and return.

Wb

Interesting.  I just ordered a few odds and ends from Amazon, mouse, ceiling fan. some other minor stuff.  All five items had the same delivery date 28 days from now on May 8th.  I would usually expect these items in 4-7 days.

To its credit Amazon tells you on the site that orders are being prioritized and there would be delays.  I just didn't expect it to be 28 days exactly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

We should consider the plight of those, mostly women, now staying at home with abusers.

I'm thinking of all the abused kids that report at school. Right now there is nobody to hear about it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1