Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

1 hour ago, USNRET said:

Is this the wrong place to ask? Corona related

Son attends Texas A&M College Station.
He lives in apartment not affiliated with A&M except that the apt. corp. leased the dirt for 30 years from TAMU. 
He (we) signed a lease for one year 8/2019 to 8/2020.

He decided to move from a 2 bd to a 4 bd to share with his high school buds for Fall 2020 term (another year).
Discount if you sign lease early on the new place early so I did. BS charges but that's another story.

During spring break in March ( date?) the virus hit and in person classes were canceled.

Now that there are only online classes I am paying $700 a month for the apt and the boy is living at home.
The complex refuses to refund/reduce current lease. 
The complex refuses to nullify upcoming 8/2020 -8/2021 lease
Word (web rumor) is that TAMU summer 2020 will be online only and those courses have been loaded.

Do I even stand a chance of getting a refund or lease(s) nullified due to My Corona?

I'd pay a $ or 2  to our forum litigators 

You signed a lease. What does it say wrt force majeure?

Wb

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

Image may contain: possible text that says 'Are we really surprised that US has more cases than Italy??? Relax people'

The US population is approximately 329,000,000. Italy’s is approximately 60,000,000... with at least 143,600 confirmed pandemic cases. On a per capita basis the number infected would have to hit more than 787,000 persons  in the US before equaling Italy’s 143,600.

Wb

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, richieb said:

Hey - I’m half Greek so by association am I half crazy —

Maby ?

No maby not crazy,  she was just missing any at all rational normal thought genes in any way.

Well it seemed like it anyway after talking to the husband, something was off, don't know how he dealt with it ?  Ruined it for me for a whole region of people. :lol:

My immediate thoughts about all this got derailed a couple months ago, no problem. I still like to break through the govt bull if I can.

Those thoughts are becoming more mainstream now.

Found something else interesting in the morning quiet.

Those proteins that turn the capillaries backwards and flood the lungs with blood instead of putting oxygen into the blood...  in layman's terms and beyond.

https://web.archive.org/web/20200405061401/https://medium.com/@agaiziunas/covid-19-had-us-all-fooled-but-now-we-might-have-finally-found-its-secret-91182386efcb

10 hours ago, Randyh said:

you took the words out of my mouth , the greek islands are wonderful -

Yeah sure, and there are plenty of refugee camps there, with no healthcare whatsoever for the occupants! And they live packed close and haven't heard of social distancing! 🤔

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

My immediate thoughts about all this got derailed a couple months ago, no problem. I still like to break through the govt bull if I can.

Those proteins that turn the capillaries backwards and flood the lungs with blood instead of putting oxygen into the blood...  in layman's terms and beyond.

https://web.archive.org/web/20200405061401/https://medium.com/@agaiziunas/covid-19-had-us-all-fooled-but-now-we-might-have-finally-found-its-secret-91182386efcb

An interesting read. Unsure if it is accurate. It claims covid19 engages and alters the iron structure in our red cells, ‘destroys’ the cells and releases free iron into our bodies (if I read it correctly). 

I do have a few problems with its premise. The type of lab work done on these patients certainly measures hemoglobin levels and their oxygenation status. These test are devised to look for histotoxic interruption in oxygen carrying capacity. Carbon monoxide poisoning and other circumstances are evaluated. In other words it is an exhaustive assessment of 02 carrying status and it is done frequently on these patients. Pulse oximeters also assess 02 saturation assess combined red cells. Any existence of a hemolytic component to covid19 would certainly be known. If, as this author avers, hemolytic anemia and it’s constellation of sequelae were foundational with covid19 we’d easily know this.........  and it is not in the literature. 

• Like 1

I concur @Bosco-d-gama the language used appears dumbed down in a couple of places, but absolutely intelligent in others.

How is it that something published about a week ago is "archived" already?

Could this explain fauci's total denial of that Dr with the long name in NYC that had over 1500 patients cured by plaquinel over a week ago? At something like a 90%+ success rate! And tens of thousands of doctors worldwide using it to cure folks at early onset of this plague? Took the quotes off of plague because if the whole darn world is at home with the curtains drawn what the (&#@ else do you call this scourge?

And initially the reports of it starting at that bio-lab (really a benign thing to call it) being shut down by the now adored china. It's being brought up as "news" at even some of the govt-news-sites and channels. 

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

The problem with this text is that the author chooses to stay anonymous. Why? Is it fake news? It is for sure not fact checked. See screenshot. Throw together some difficult words, add a good deal of well versed retoric, don't bother noting down references and sources, and 1) you get webarchived within a week and 2) you're  conspiracy theory feed. 

As much as I would like see Chloroquinine to be successful in battling this virus, I consider it false as long as this author doesn't step out of anonimity.

Screenshot_20200413_172618_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

that Dr with the long name

Yet another example of fake news? Why even bother to give the name of the Dr who saved 90% of his covid(?) patients...?

If he really did, it would be on the front-page of every newspaper globally. 

Edit: actually, if he saved 90%, he did a lot worse than his colleagues because they save 98%, as the death rate is on average 2%.

So all the arguments in this article can be discarded? https://www.nytimes.com/article/coronavirus-hydroxychloroquine-malaria.html

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Randyh said:

so if China has 5 times the USA population --------your numbers would be astronomical-----4    million    you see , your numbers are incorrect - you can't use 1 example to judge another -every situation is different -

I believe that you are making my point: Infection rates for this virus are varied worldwide.

China locked down an area of 36 million people very quickly once they realized what they were dealing with as they have the ability, being a dictatorship, to do so. Same way that they can lie about the actual numbers of anything/everything they want. That said; who knows what their true numbers are here? I doubt the announced number of ~80,000 infections is correct.

Wb