Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

3 minutes ago, Randyh said:

actually there were more freedoms in China than in North America ,

The peaceful practitioners of Falun Gong might disagree.

The persecution of Falun Gong is the antireligious campaign initiated in 1999 by the Communist Party of China to eliminate the spiritual practice of Falun Gong in China, which maintains a doctrine of state atheism. ... An extra-constitutional body called the 6-10 Office was created to lead the persecution of Falun Gong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Falun_Gong

LONDON (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - China is murdering members of the Falun Gong spiritual group and harvesting their organs for transplant, a panel of lawyers and experts said on Monday as they invited further investigations into a potential genocide.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-china-rights/china-is-harvesting-organs-from-falun-gong-members-finds-expert-panel-idUSKCN1TI236

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Randyh said:

no worries John ,  wee all know that RUDY pulled out of his covid 19 infection with the quinine zpac solution and he himself said that it helped to stop the disease in it's tracks -  and Rudy was in 2  hot spots

No worries, especially about you. Just fed up with close minded types.

"Expect No Quarter"

14 minutes ago, Randyh said:

To understand China , is not easy -

I travel to China  6 times per year and my last trip was in January , what people say on the news here in the USA and the actual truth is very different , people think that China is in a severe dictatorship and people are locked up , like in jails , etc , this is false propaganda , actually there were more freedoms in China than in North America   the police do not hand out tickets , they tell you what to do or not to do , that's it  , the Chinese were very effective in closing all hot spots and stopping the outbreaks where they were the most prevalent , they cleaned everything - the roads , the buildings , the public transit areas ,  everything /in north america and europe , they did nothing to that degree - 0- 

-Now , on the other hand ,  they downplayed the death numbers -but it is their policy to not give out any information , while in north america and Europe , all is reported by the news  , in China , the state censors all info that they deem to be detrimental to China's security -

Here's a youtube video showing what happens in China when you don't listen to what they tell to do: 

2 minutes ago, Randyh said:
4 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

The peaceful practitioners of Falun Gong might disagree.

yes , you are right , 

You've been to China and I trust real people who have been there as to what they see.  I've never been to China.  All I know is what I've read or seen in Youtube vids, like China Uncensored. 

regime structure only 30 years ago and I can tell you stories of deaths without trials as far as 1990 , but they are modernizing , and the changes are real   , and they take time , you can't compare the USA with all the civil liberties we have , because it takes a century  , given the time , they are taking the USA as a model --

Seriously?

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Wolfbane said:

Now, not unexpectedly, our food supply is being affected by this too:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/smithfield-foods-employees-test-positive-for-coronavirus-south-dakota-pork-plant-closes

Wb

They only do 5% of the pork business here, and they say it's temporary as some employees are sick. We will see ?

• Like 1

How to respond to those in greater need when you have excess PPE on hand: 

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/braid-in-striking-act-of-generosity-alberta-donates-protective-gear-worth-2441-million-to-three-provinces/ar-BB12uCFv

I've not heard of any jurisdiction in North America being this prepared and happy and relieved to see my daughter, her significant other and their colleagues will have the level of protective gear available to them when they are at work in Toronto that she had while working here last month.

Wb

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Randyh said:

actually there were more freedoms in China than in North America 

Of all the things you said in that paragraph of CNN DNC PC nonsense this is the most amazing. It is, no doubt,  why so many Americans are flocking to China to live and no Chinese are trying to come over here. Sarc Off.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, billybob said:

Now, what was that little thing that happened in Beijing Square a few years back? Now recall, the little skirmish at Tiennenaman.

Recall it not being a celebration

to honor the regime and freedom.

I was trapped at home recovering from surgery and double pneumonia and watched the entire 'protest' live on the TV. It did start off as a celebration and ended up a massacre.

Nothing like seeing armored vehicles running down unarmed protestors to encourage you to continue to live in a democracy.

Wb

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wolfbane said:

I was trapped at home recovering from surgery and double pneumonia and watched the entire 'protest' live on the TV. It did start off as a celebration and ended up a massacre.

Nothing like seeing armored vehicles running down unarmed protestors to encourage you to continue to live in a democracy.

Wb

Yes in an armed Republic where by the Bill of Rights you can protect yourself and the original framers also said you can protect your liberties against tyrannical governments. I am sure the Chinese enjoy all the freedoms we do.

38 minutes ago, dtel said:

They only do 5% of the pork business here, and they say it's temporary as some employees are sick. We will see ?

"They" are saying indefinite closure---until further notice---temporary is probably a relative, and nicer sounding term.  With 240 cases, the employees represent more than half the state total.  Some meat processors in Iowa and Pennsylvania have also shut down.

• Like 1