Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

Just now, Jeff Matthews said:

I don't know what you mean.

Where I live - and I figured pretty much everywhere - eating right and exercising is good for you.

Not discounting that exercise, vitamins, and taking care of yourself in general is a BIG help, as I am going on 62 yrs old and do my treadmill and heavy weight training 5 days a week but I don't generalize that the reason all other folks have issues is because they don't.  The ones I reference actually are very fit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I don't know what you mean.

Where I live - and I figured pretty much everywhere - eating right and exercising is good for you.

I do agree with you that in general, many other folks need to get their bodies under control and they will be able to shed 95% of issues.

• Like 1

Just now, pzannucci said:

Not discounting that exercise, vitamins, and taking care of yourself in general is a BIG help, as I am going on 62 yrs old and do my treadmill and heavy weight training 5 days a week but I don't generalize that the reason all other folks have issues is because they don't.  The ones I reference actually are very fit.

I see.  There are all kinds of situations out there, for sure. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jeff Matthews said:

I see.  There are all kinds of situations out there, for sure. 

Yes, I was amazed at some of the allergy treatments.  There are others too that most doctors won't recommend or offer, sadly.  Same thing as this hydroxychloroquine.  Doesn't fit their narrative or accomplishes anything toward their end goal.  

I am believing more and more that this dearth of tests/testing is fitting into that realm. 

2 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

Yes, I was amazed at some of the allergy treatments.  There are others too that most doctors won't recommend or offer, sadly.  Same thing as this hydroxychloroquine.  Doesn't fit their narrative or accomplishes anything toward their end goal.  

I am believing more and more that this dearth of tests/testing is fitting into that realm. 

"Allergies" are some of the more baffling ailments out there.  There are largely 2 groups of people you can see for treatment:  (1) licensed physicians who are pretty much shackled by the state of the art in Rx drugs, and (2) holistic/natural "healers" that try all sorts of things from forced exposure to acupuncture to some of the weirdest rituals you could imagine.

I put "allergies" in quotes because it is just a fallback diagnosis in a great many cases.  They don't know what's going on, and they just attempt to label it and do their best.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I put "allergies" in quotes because it is just a fallback diagnosis in a great many cases. 

We have two bakeries in our little town. Both are excellent professionals. But the one's bread will make me sick, guaranteed, within 6 hours, horrible headache, neck and back pain a muscle  pain, disrupted stool. The bread of the second bakery does not affect that bad at all. What's the difference? The flower, the yeast? I wouldn't know, bu I can assure you I avoid the 'bad' bread at all times. With age the symptoms are getting worse too... An allergy is no 'imaginary disease' or 'fallback diagnosis'.!

‘Nasal sprays’ - Ironically OTC nasal sprays that use ‘phenylephrine’ can result in a ‘rebound’ rhinitis. Use one of these sprays too often (and a lot of people do) and they will result in horrific congestion just as soon as the drug wears off. So you use the spray to relieve a stuffy nose...... it works for a time and then wears off and then it causes a stuffy nose that’s worse than the one you treated. If you do not know better you can become addicted to a nasal spray that perpetuates it’s own application. I know the drug was not engineered this way but IMHO nasal sprays that use this decongestant should be removed from the market. Keep in mind that this same drug is used in other meds that are taken orally and it does not cause the same problem. This only happens with topical applications.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ILI said:

An allergy is no 'imaginary disease' or 'fallback diagnosis'.!

By using the phrase "fallback diagnosis," I did not mean "imaginary."  It's like this:  Many people have long-standing skin conditions that won't go away.  They are often labeled as having some form of "dermatitis."  Other people have gastritis.  Others have pancreatitis.   Eventually, you can see the pattern... "itis" denotes dysfunction.  

The same thing applies to allergies.  Allergy diagnoses are so broad.  If they can't figure it out, it must be an "allergy."  

6 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

‘Nasal sprays’ - Ironically OTC nasal sprays that use ‘phenylephrine’ can result in a ‘rebound’ rhinitis. Use one of these sprays too often (and a lot of people do) and they will result in horrific congestion just as soon as the drug wears off. So you use the spray to relieve a stuffy nose...... it works for a time and then wears off and then it causes a stuffy nose that’s worse than the one you treated. If you do not know better you can become addicted to a nasal spray that perpetuates it’s own application. I know the drug was not engineered this way but IMHO nasal sprays that use this decongestant should be removed from the market. Keep in mind that this same drug is used in other meds that are taken orally and it does not cause the same problem. This only happens with topical applications.

There are alternatives for it with Mometasonfuroat as working compound, which is not addictive. But it takes 3 to 4 weeks to have an effect. 

5 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

image.thumb.jpeg.2680fbd65ce72706ada4679f0f20f972.jpeg

Well look at it two ways, one we find out if it was a push against one group or the other... two we see the impact of not social distancing if that's what happens.  The old saying may be "reap what you sow".