Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

Big Pharmaceuticals, certainly have a place. 

Startup and biomedical 

companies have a great

incentive to bring in information

fact, and other continuing

data.

Breakthrough on more than one

potential game changer likely in the search. Pharma must be careful to make sure as possible that any side effects are minimal.

That is why we need the time.

Meanwhile, it sure would be nice to have to not have to wait for a vaccine.

Large financial reward exists for discovery.

Watching...

• Like 1

at times, I'd rather have no information at all.  I hate hearing, "we have discovered something that is very promising. within the next couple of MONTHS we'll be ..."

don't tell me what you're going to do six months from now or next year. I know cures and vaccines can't be discovered overnight, but pointing to dates that, during a crisis, seem far into the future is of little comfort ... if any. 

and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE will the media outlets stop looking for "experts" to give us their opinion. Stop filling your websites with nonsense (which will have a trickle down effect on this forum .... hopefully). Discouraging how many doctors have completely different facts ... err....opinions.

I may have to take a vacation from the forum or at least this thread.  I feel the old Steve being tempted to speak like I once did, and if I do, I'll be in the thread locker hall of fame. 

wow ... I guess being stuck at home for a month and now having insomnia is having a negative effect on me. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

at times, I'd rather have no information at all.  I hate hearing, "we have discovered something that is very promising. within the next couple of MONTHS we'll be ..."

don't tell me what you're going to do six months from now or next year. I know cures and vaccines can't be discovered overnight, but pointing to dates that, during a crisis, seem far into the future is of little comfort ... if any. 

and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE will the media outlets stop looking for "experts" to give us their opinion. Stop filling your websites with nonsense (which will have a trickle down effect on this forum .... hopefully). Discouraging how many doctors have completely different facts ... err....opinions.

I may have to take a vacation from the forum or at least this thread.  I feel the old Steve being tempted to speak like I once did, and if I do, I'll be in the thread locker hall of fame. 

wow ... I guess being stuck at home for a month and now having insomnia is having a negative effect on me. 

With luck there will be several vaccines developed about the same time and these should be given freely worldwide.

When labs finally accomplish this perhaps there will be both the money and political will to develop vaccines to prevent other nasty viruses that have plagued mankind forever. Some in multiple waves like the Spanish flu.

Have you not been thrown out of classier joints than this?  😇

Wb

44 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Go for it dude.  It may be therapeutic, just be sure to keep in touch.

Mainly, I'm sure we could all use some of your wisdom.

• Like 1

To post or not. That is a good question. Media interests aside, 

hoping for discoveries made in the lab, in lieu of a vaccine. I shall see.

Hope that am able to be understood. Would do whatever is called for to relieve anxiety and stress.

Good fortune to any and all!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Agree. The media is just being its standard ‘self’ looking to inject spin and hyperbole into any aspect of any story. I now pay most heed to info from Al Jazera. They seem to be distant from the politics and seem consistently objective. They also report in a timeline format, from the most recent event back in time.

Insofar as the covid19 goes it will take time to nail down some reproducible treatments and vaccine in enough volume to be useful. I am reminded of the tuberculosis saga and curative moment. For thousands of years the disease tormented humanity and remained incurable. Then they got it figured out and in a matter of months managed to have most of the sick on their way to cured and out of their sanitariums. We have to give science time and in the interim remain sequestered for the good of everyone. The upside is that the measures in play are working to stem the tide. It has been a breath holding month and now we can breathe a little easier. Bad as it seems we dodged a big bullet. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Lots of hand wringing about Trump planning to end America’s funding of the WHO. For starts it is called the ‘world’ health organization. Well of the top 10 contributors to WHO there are only 4 countries. As usual America leads the list and by a wide margin. #2 is the Bill and Linda Gates Foundation. England, Germany and Japan are the only other nations among WHO’s top 10 contributors. China is not among them.

So - why should America foot the bill once again for most of the planet? Where is France, Italy, Russia, India and the peace loving Swedes? 

In principle I agree to the need of a WHO organization. But like so many things there needs to be a worldly commitment to this purpose in more than interest and intrigue. World health is not just an American problem and we sure do not ever get any recognition for underwriting this group. If the planet needs WHO then it is time for the planet to pay for WHO.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Agree. The media is just being its standard ‘self’ looking to inject spin and hyperbole into any aspect of any story. I now pay most heed to info from Al Jazera. They seem to be distant from the politics and seem consistently objective. They also report in a timeline format, from the most recent event back in time.

Insofar as the covid19 goes it will take time to nail down some reproducible treatments and vaccine in enough volume to be useful. I am reminded of the tuberculosis saga and curative moment. For thousands of years the disease tormented humanity and remained incurable. Then they got it figured out and in a matter of months managed to have most of the sick on their way to cured and out of their sanitariums. We have to give science time and in the interim remain sequestered for the good of everyone. The upside is that the measures in play are working to stem the tide. It has been a breath holding month and now we can breathe a little easier. Bad as it seems we dodged a big bullet. 

I tend to get my news from multiple sources including foreign news agencies. You are presumably aware of the ownership and many controversies surrounding Al Jazeera? Like most North American new outlets Al Jazeera reporting needs to be taken with a large grain of salt.

The Wiki on Al Jazeera’s past is an interesting read too.

Wb

1 hour ago, Wolfbane said:

I tend to get my news from multiple sources including foreign news agencies. You are presumably aware of the ownership and many controversies surrounding Al Jazeera? Like most North American new outlets Al Jazeera reporting needs to be taken with a large grain of salt.

The Wiki on Al Jazeera’s past is an interesting read too.

Wb

I source news from a host of places and take them all with many grains of salt. Al Jazeera presents news w/o the little digs and outright puke so many outlets offer. In fact their covid19 reporting is so blandly factual that it’s boring.

6 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

why should America foot the bill once again for most of the planet? Where is France, Italy, Russia, India and the peace loving Swedes? 

We DO have one of the largest economies, the most money to invest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

So what do you all think about the theory gaining traction in the media that the source of CV was a bio lab worker in Wuhan, with China trying to keep the accidental escape on the low-down?

I note with interest:

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2019/07/mystery-surrounds-ouster-chinese-researchers-canadian-laboratory#

and:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/01/28/politics/harvard-professor-chinese-nationals-arrest-espionage/index.html

and: The aforementioned Dr. Frank Plummer:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Plummer

Note the dates/timing involved. I don’t believe in coincidence.

Wb

• Like 1