Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

I posted a recommendation early in this thread (April 3rd) that people should wear masks and gloves if they have them whenever they leave the safety of their own home. The WHO, CDC, and all levels of government did not recommend this at that time, and for almost two more weeks due to a shortage of N95, surgical masks and gloves. if you got them, wear them. If you don't have this equipment; improvise.

11 hours ago, Randyh said:

can you elaborate ---------with more documentation -

See the summary and the six additional Wuhan Virus stories in the February 15, 2020 online issue of The Lancet. Of particular interest is the report that only 49% of the patients they studied had visited the wet market in Wuhan. The referenced date of December 8, 2019 is the date of reporting and not the date of infection. As such, the CPC knew or should have known, that they had a potential pandemic capable of human-to-human transmission that is highly virulent.

As the URL link does not seem to work here do a google search of the 'February 15, 2020 issue of the Lancet'.

Wb

10 hours ago, Randyh said:

I never miss taking vitamins -----------and I am a firm believer that they boost the immune system -in appropriate doses -------but nothing exagerated ----and simply to maintain adequate health

The important three that should be taken in no more than the recommended daily dosage: Vitamin D, Vitamin C and Zinc.

Wb

• Moderators
it makes a lot of sense , they are renting an APT that is livable 12 months ---so best solution is to sub lease

If sub leasing is allowed in the contract. A lot of rental contracts prohibit sub leasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Each apartment has separate leases for each tenant for the 2, 3, 4 bed units. He is in a 2 bed now where subletting is allowed for a fee however, all tenants must be attending A&M so chances of finding someone to sublease would be rather difficult. Just hope to know the status of fall semester in time to request cancellation of next year's lease. 

This guy is.a doctor in New Jersey. I've seen several of his videos and he cautions people about wonder cures and such.   He's politely calling out a few of the celebrity doctors that have been on the news lately. 

If you don't want to watch the entire video, fast-forward to the 2:25 mark. The diagram that he shows about the levels of medical evidence is very interesting in that what we're getting 99% of the time (expert opinion) is at the VERY bottom of the pyramid.

5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

This guy is.a doctor in New Jersey. I've seen several of his videos and he cautions people about wonder cures and such.   He's politely calling out a few of the celebrity doctors that have been on the news lately. 

If you don't want to watch the entire video, fast-forward to the 2:25 mark. The diagram that he shows about the levels of medical evidence is very interesting in that what we're getting 99% of the time (expert opinion) is at the VERY bottom of the pyramid.

And?  Of course.  It has to start someplace and doctors are many times wrong, including the ones that are currently heading up this for the US.  Their statements weren't exactly spot on.

14 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

And?  Of course.  It has to start someplace and doctors are many times wrong, including the ones that are currently heading up this for the US.  Their statements weren't exactly spot on.

the point is that opinions aren't facts until proven or at least reviewed and tested enough to move them out of the "opinion" category. Medical "experts" are coming out of the woodwork and it seems like every few days another "expert" is broadcasting more opinion. 

People are spun up like crazy based on the lowest level of evidence (that technically.isn't even evidence yet). So, my point is that I find it upsetting that: (1) most of what we're getting is just opinion, and (2) it is often NOT presented as opinion. I've no problem with opinion as long as the presenter makes it perfectly clear that this is merely their opinion. 

I'm the absence of evidence, the media is just filling airtime with opinion. personally, I think too many opinions escalates anxiety and leads to poor decisions. 

much like we hear the talking heads on television talk about how (pick your crisis) would have been alleviated or lessened had a previous president still been in office. they don't know that, it is purely speculation.

45 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

the point is that opinions aren't facts until proven or at least reviewed and tested enough to move them out of the "opinion" category. Medical "experts" are coming out of the woodwork and it seems like every few days another "expert" is broadcasting more opinion. 

People are spun up like crazy based on the lowest level of evidence (that technically.isn't even evidence yet). So, my point is that I find it upsetting that: (1) most of what we're getting is just opinion, and (2) it is often NOT presented as opinion. I've no problem with opinion as long as the presenter makes it perfectly clear that this is merely their opinion. 

I'm the absence of evidence, the media is just filling airtime with opinion. personally, I think too many opinions escalates anxiety and leads to poor decisions. 

much like we hear the talking heads on television talk about how (pick your crisis) would have been alleviated or lessened had a previous president still been in office. they don't know that, it is purely speculation.

I'm confused, what are people spun up  about?  O wait, misinformation even from each of the entities that are supposed to be experts, playing down and providing falsehoods, things like mask usage as above, everything.  Isn't that the way it always goes?  The other side of the coin is that some sweep it under the rug though without a though process and direction, NOTHING would happen.

I guess people should get spun up.  Everyone knows these are not facts other than that people don't understand that DATA is used for facts and they had no DATA. 

If ignorance is bliss, so be it.  Might help keep you mentally sound while in lockdown.