Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

From what I read covid19 occurred naturally and that China had harvested the virus for academic studies and suffered a containment breech........ they lost control of it and it started its rampage in Wuhan. The virus was not ‘cooked’ or modified. It was kept supposedly safe storage much like we keep small pox in lock down labs around the globe. 

But China absolutely did seek to downplay the seriousness of the disease and directed the WHO to do the same. China did not allow external validation of their claims. China did lock down travel in its own country while allowing international travel to continue. China actually encouraged international travel and criticized anyone who tried to stop international travel through Wuhan.

So the question becomes one of ‘intent’. Why did China misrepresent this virus in a manner that salvaged their own country at the expense of others? 

11 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Yes. If there is an unethical country (government, or other body) that is cooking up something that can do what this has done, and worse, then we need to address it. This isn't much different than any other war like mechanism.  

I agree. If it is something that is natural and being studied as a precaution, and it gets out is a bit different that if it was man made as a weapon. Eather way, China should have stepped up and been informative. 

Sad to say the fact that the powers that be in this world study and develop things that will kill other human beings is a fact I got over long ago. It's a given.

5 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Why did China misrepresent this virus in a manner that salvaged their own country at the expense of others? 

I'll answer facetiously, but no ridicule is intended: Is this a trick question? 

End of this month we should get the short study trial on the Remdesivir.

Another repurposed medicine that may well join into our arsenal of

the Chloroquine/Z-Pak treatment.

Will be interesting to see what else comes down the pike.

Gooday!

44 minutes ago, Edgar said:

I'll answer facetiously, but no ridicule is intended: Is this a trick question? 

The question has multiple possible answers and the magnitude of the covid19 predicament means that none of them should be considered ‘facetious’. What’s more is that we need those answers in order to determine how to respond, how we’ll interact with China in the future. If China cannot come up with some sort of benign excuse for such a screw-up then the west will be left to assume answers and respond accordingly.

4 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

If China cannot come up with some sort of benign excuse

I don't care who you are that there is funny. Who do you think the leaders of China are? the cast from Mr.Rodgers neighborhood?

19 minutes ago, babadono said:

I don't care who you are that there is funny. Who do you think the leaders of China are? the cast from Mr.Rodgers neighborhood?

We do agree - there is NO good excuse for what’s happened. They are all degrees of bad to worst.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Can you name anybody that hasn't messed up dealing with this?  

America had a pandemic plan devised and somewhat set to-go under Bush2. Much of that was used and not replaced. But - even if it was all there, in place and ready to roll it would not have been enough. No country was prepared nor could they have been prepared for covid19. So we’ve all been playing catch-up, or whack-a-mole. The best 1st choice was travel restrictions and fortunately we did that much earlier than others.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Negatron said:

South Korea

How do you think that tracking individual phone records and credit card history would go over in the US?  Fining someone $2500 if they don't download an app on their phone?

• Moderators
And that's your excuse?  That's sad.

This virus is something that modern man has never dealt with. Maybe you should run for political office. I’m sure you have the correct answers on how to deal with this.

What’s sad is that everyone is so busy trying to blame some one else for the situation. It’s repulsive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1