Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

2 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

What’s sad is that everyone is so busy trying to blame some one else for the situation. It’s repulsive.

Politicians on BOTH side of the aisle are trying to leverage this to their advantage.  It's what they do.  Never let a good crisis go to waste.

1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

And that's your excuse?  That's sad.

My excuse for what?  What's sad?  What would I need an excuse for?  Say what you mean and don't try and interpret what you think I meant, you would be wrong.  Do you enjoy trying to start crap with everyone that doesn't have the same views as you do?  Do you actually have coherent views or is it just limited to "I hate the president?"  You wonder why you get put in time out, ever consider it's you and not the rest of the world.  I actually think you would be surprised if there was a vote about who stirs that pot, and you not knowing the answer to that is what's really sad.  Put your big boy pants on and GTFU.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Not exactly.

Well America did so earlier than Italy or Spain and was criticized as xenophobic for limiting travel to and from Wuhan. Now in hindsight we should’ve stopped all travel from Europe except for citizens coming back to America. Could you imagine the furor that would’ve resulted in? We have a ‘damned’ one way or the other media. There is no degree of ‘win’. There’s only degree’s of ‘lose’. As has been mentioned elsewhere America is doing about the same as most countries. So as bad as any pandemic is we’re doing relatively well - so far.

5 hours ago, JJkizak said:

The hydroxyquione is not being ignored. it is being prescribed as being determined on a  basis between patient and doctor.  Also the current results have some heart stoppage deaths as a result with a 50% success rate not approved by the FDA.

JJK

Where is this information from?

Sounds about as good as NY asking for boatloads of it so they could do clinical trials only to find out that they aren't even tracking usage in a concise manner to help more people through controlled research.

5 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Well America did so earlier than Italy or Spain and was criticized as xenophobic for limiting travel to and from Wuhan. Now in hindsight we should’ve stopped all travel from Europe except for citizens coming back to America. Could you imagine the furor that would’ve resulted in? We have a ‘damned’ one way or the other media. There is no degree of ‘win’. There’s only degree’s of ‘lose’. As has been mentioned elsewhere America is doing about the same as most countries. So as bad as any pandemic is we’re doing relatively well - so far.

Can't do that, the US is Racist.  Maybe they should have tromped the folks into the Media Studios after they got off planes at JFK and Laguardia before going out into the populous and see if the tune changed.  Seriously doubt these folks have the best interest of the country at heart.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Ah yes - the Degelman M34.  A majestic piece of machinery — although it does see competition with some right here —

I don’t know if that’s funny or sad. I’m going with sad because I know some of the folks in here are a lot smarter than they appear to be on certain issues. I’ve never seen such intelligent people turn a blind eye to reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

I don’t know if that’s funny or sad. I’m going with sad because I know some of the folks in here are a lot smarter than they appear to be on certain issues. I’ve never seen such intelligent people turn a blind eye to reality.

I understand your position..

And appreciate your post ..early today.. I watch the full vid...

And yes we are all up to are knees ..

With crap...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Your statement is errant. In 2017 45,000,000 million Americans were ‘effected’ by the influenza and 61,000 expired.

So they say.  If they can't count COVID-19 precisely, what makes you think their prior flu estimates are any better? We've already seen how the models work, and they aren't really too great.

• Moderators
I understand your position..

And appreciate your post ..early today.. I watch the full vid...

And yes we are all up to are knees ..
With crap...

I’m glad you watched it. I’m sharing it on social media as much as I can. Hopefully others will watch it also.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jeff Matthews said:

So they say.  If they can't count COVID-19 precisely, what makes you think their prior flu estimates are any better? We've already seen how the models work, and they aren't really too great.

Jeff - You’re correct. The numbers are representative of how well they were collected. But statistics are not meant to be precise. Statistics derive an inference based upon the data fed into them and validated according to their confidence levels. From the outset any comparison of a years worth of flu data to less than 2 months of covid19 data is useless. But people do it anyway. 

Nobody needs to look at any flu season at this point. They just need to see the sheer volume of the sick and dying and they know in their hearts that they’ve never ever witnessed anything like this in America. Maybe in Africa with Ebola they will see such misery, but not in America, at least not since 1917-18. The polio epidemics were not this severe.

1 minute ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Nobody needs to look at any flu season at this point. They just need to see the sheer volume of the sick and dying and they know in their hearts that they’ve never ever witnessed anything like this in America.

Right.  If it wasn't for certain ER's being over-stressed, there would be room for argument by the critics.

200 not a problem.

So if 80% that go onto a ventilator "move on" why all the fuss about them?

If people that "recover" die from heart attacks are these from the reported byproduct of pulmonary embolisms?

Why are the two above even an issue if the wuhan-bug destroys the blood's ability to carry oxygen?

If you want me to refute myself... go on try:P

If half the crap I've come across while trying to explain the giant holes left in the story by our "officials" is true... I'll wear this `till noon on judgement day.

IMG-20200420-191427.jpg

All the "info" is going full circle and now countries officially doubt the bat soup excuse and have been talking about that virology lab in that big city. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

200 not a problem.

So if 80% that go onto a ventilator "move on" why all the fuss about them?

If people that "recover" die from heart attacks are these from the reported byproduct of pulmonary embolisms?

Why are the two above even an issue if the wuhan-bug destroys the blood's ability to carry oxygen?

If you want me to refute myself... go on try:P

If half the crap I've come across while trying to explain the giant holes left in the story by our "officials" is true... I'll wear this `till noon on judgement day.

IMG-20200420-191427.jpg

All the "info" is going full circle and now countries officially doubt the bat soup excuse and have been talking about that virology lab in that big city. 

It's easier to blame 'somebody else' than to think it just came from nature. I remember getting the polio vaccine in the 1950s, lining up at school and getting a sugar cube. They closed swimming pools, parks and movie thesters in the summer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pzannucci said:

Where is this information from?

Sounds about as good as NY asking for boatloads of it so they could do clinical trials only to find out that they aren't even tracking usage in a concise manner to help more people through controlled research.

It is from the head honcho doctors in New York, the FDA and the CDC. The FDA is still evaluating it in several test areas. Doctors can prescribe it in a life/death situation with the patient but the results are  not part of the FDA tests. Then again if the patient is dying and can't talk how can he give the OK?

JJK

JJK

• Like 1