Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

1 hour ago, richieb said:

A record pace for sure. Takes the place of the summer Games. Makes Miner Mark look like a piker — 

I never had a problem with Mark. He volunteered to pick up and ship to me a pair of RB75 that I found; he scored a pair of Khorns that I posted in the Alert section and he traveled to get his MCM1900s. I remember he did get into a squabble with a few others on here, typical forum girls scratching and hair pulling. Unlike some who post nothing but prattle, he had some systems and offered to help. IIRC, after buying and fixing his MCMs up, he offered them on here at a great price and offered to bring them to the Pilgrimage. 

• Like 2

We will add the Covid 19 to the list of the flu season for us and the rest of the world.  We will get a fortified Zpak type drug that will save lives, but not likely a vaccine. In time we will be desensitized to it once the number show how many have it and the much smaller death ratio, unless it mutates rapidly in several variants which will create another tail spin.  Once testing is avail for all, the numbers will reveal that we endangered our own democracy and the US economic backbone over a new respiratory strain that is highly contagious. I dont want to sound like I am personally diluting this epidermic and the deaths involved, as it is as horrible as any other in the past. 

We just got a taste of what Africa deals with basically around the clock, we just got a dose of what Democracy and true Freedom is like losing.  We need to organize and pay attention of what just happened and how easily ANY rogue nation can do this to us. Where was our "higher than though" intell info that we should have from the far East? All our operatives world wide couldnt see this coming?

Strongest and greatest nation on the planet and we were delivered this on a silver platter.

However, famine always strikes the poor countries without mercy. these countries are basically campers stuck with damn near nothing to assist their citizens.  They are paying dearly and all they can do is sit and watch it all happen before their eyes. You think we are in dire shape here, watch this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

It was ignored, or disregarded.  But it was there.

One of the few that was shouting was Tom Cotton. He was in the desert a few tours and certainly doesnt wear Rose colored glasses, at least about situations like this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

It was ignored, or disregarded.  But it was there.

Just think if we could have shut our borders down a week or two earlier or if China would have restricted all its Italian shop owners from jumping the home ship like Rats and infecting the the elderly population that dominates by numbers in Italy. woulda, shoulda, coulda.   We had better learn from this.  All the bleeding hearts in this country using political correctness and other obtuse forms of social and racial obstruction cry's to fulfill their personal objection are just hurting us, but by far, the media does the most damage. Its like someone in Congress laughing at at Oil hitting zero and not having the cognitive ability to understand where we are financially and what really happens when the pile hits the fan. No they have to be explained what curtails about their everyday life like  groceries getting delivered to the store or medicine getting carried by a courier or basically anything that makes this world go around.

Why is common sense not so common anymore?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Max2 said:

We will add the Covid 19 to the list of the flu season for us and the rest of the world.  We will get a fortified Zpak type drug that will save lives, but not likely a vaccine. In time we will be desensitized to it once the number show how many have it and the much smaller death ratio, unless it mutates rapidly in several variants which will create another tail spin.  Once testing is avail for all, the numbers will reveal that we endangered our own democracy and the US economic backbone over a new respiratory strain that is highly contagious. I dont want to sound like I am personally diluting this epidermic and the deaths involved, as it is as horrible as any other in the past. 

You are ignoring what covid19 has done in our health care systems. Whether the overall infection rates turn out to be higher or lower they were severe and rapid enough to overflow our existing network of hospitals. So not only did covid19 kill patients directly it also killed the injured and sick unable to access care due to overcrowding. Further covid19 exposed our healthcare workers to a concentrated pool of the infected which infected them which further hamstrung available care by limiting providers. So it may not come down to the lethality of the disease but to its unrivaled contagiousness. You see what occurs when less aggressive action is utilized. At least in this instance the general public isolation measures employed were necessary.

Perhaps future episodes of this same virus will have different scenarios thanks to what we learn and develop from this one. But for the time being erring on the side of caution is the best approach. All of those who’ve died enjoyed a wonderful Christmas just a few months ago. None had any inkling of their fateful future. Too many took too many chances and paid a severe price. Too many of their friends got infected and survived but unwittingly infected the vulnerable. Their recklessness killed their friends and family and countless strangers.

We will learn and gain. I do hope we do not forget.

4 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

You are ignoring what covid19 has done in our health care systems. Whether the overall infection rates turn out to be higher or lower they were severe and rapid enough to overflow our existing network of hospitals. So not only did covid19 kill patients directly it also killed the injured and sick unable to access care due to overcrowding. Further covid19 exposed our healthcare workers to a concentrated pool of the infected which infected them which further hamstrung available care by limiting providers. So it may not come down to the lethality of the disease but to its unrivaled contagiousness. You see what occurs when less aggressive action is utilized. At least in this instance the general public isolation measures employed were necessary.

Perhaps future episodes of this same virus will have different scenarios thanks to what we learn and develop from this one. But for the time being erring on the side of caution is the best approach. All of those who’ve died enjoyed a wonderful Christmas just a few months ago. None had any inkling of their fateful future. Too many took too many chances and paid a severe price. Too many of their friends got infected and survived but unwittingly infected the vulnerable. Their recklessness killed their friends and family and countless strangers.

We will learn and gain. I do hope we do not forget.

I agree, it is no joke. It should really make people take a long look at the downfalls of living in highly populated areas.  The US is capable of building or using existing structures as emergency Hospitals. We can pay off time Dr.s in stand by situations, but not for decades, just more money spent that will be used as political leverage for an election and it will likely come anyway from the vast fear.              I am curious as to why Seattle's Army medical facility at Century Link Field was set up and then closed without one patient being treated?

• Like 1

Simple, really. And I do mean simple, really. Wa state had projections that would facilitate the need for extra beds. The curve was initially very steep. But (IMO) the state had an early social distance and then a stay at home order. Remember this was ground zero in the U.S. It could've gone waay bad (again, that is a conjecture because we really know very little and I don't think I'm Nostrodamus like some on this board do, by making predictions.) I don't give two shakes of a rats *** how you or anyone else feels about any state's governors orders. We see that it was effective here.  And thus... no need for the extra facility. And as that was made apparent, the state sent the hospital to where it was needed more. Smart people plan for the unexpected as well as they can.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I never had a problem with Mark. He volunteered to pick up and ship to me a pair of RB75 that I found; he scored a pair of Khorns that I posted in the Alert section and he traveled to get his MCM1900s. I remember he did get into a squabble with a few others on here, typical forum girls scratching and hair pulling. Unlike some who post nothing but prattle, he had some systems and offered to help. IIRC, after buying and fixing his MCMs up, he offered them on here at a great price and offered to bring them to the Pilgrimage. 

Neither did I. Used him as a past example of a prolific poster —. Still use the plug in voltage meter(s) he offered - 

• Like 2

The human race as a whole has a pretty poor record of learning from the past.
Yup...not likely that we will learn anything at all from this...we have very short memories. It never matters to anyone until it affects them personally. The younger generation seems to treat this like a normal flu, hence all the people wanting to continue life as normal...going to the beaches, parties, movies, concerts, etc. This mentality has to stop or we will be doomed when it hits again (if we even make it through this pandemic). I have zero faith anyone will learn anything at all.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It quickly became evident that China had greatly downplayed the virus so we had no way to accurately gauge our preparations. At all levels of government leaders were calling for lots os product, beds and support planning for the worst while hoping for the best. We laid out our best efforts and some were overkill and others not. For as complex and cumbersome as these many problems were America got its duck in order pretty quickly. Now we just have to see this through....... not pull the plug too soon or too fast.

The real gut punch is how much misery and waste could’ve been prevented if China had just owned up to the disease. This is very telling when autocratic leadership makes the wrong choice and their systems prevents any dissenting opinions. A single wrong answer by a single misguided leader has cost $trillions and taken a great many lives. Worst of all - the guy isn’t even sorry.

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Max2 said:

We will add the Covid 19 to the list of the flu season for us and the rest of the world.  We will get a fortified Zpak type drug that will save lives, but not likely a vaccine.

Too bad antibiotics don't work against any virus. What they do, when indiscriminately dispensed, is build up a whole new set of resistant bacteria pathogens. That is a medical fundamental.

Liked the rest of your post.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KlipschFish said:

Simple, really. And I do mean simple, really. Wa state had projections that would facilitate the need for extra beds. The curve was initially very steep. But (IMO) the state had an early social distance and then a stay at home order. Remember this was ground zero in the U.S. It could've gone waay bad (again, that is a conjecture because we really know very little and I don't think I'm Nostrodamus like some on this board do, by making predictions.) I don't give two shakes of a rats *** how you or anyone else feels about any state's governors orders. We see that it was effective here.  And thus... no need for the extra facility. And as that was made apparent, the state sent the hospital to where it was needed more. Smart people plan for the unexpected as well as they can.

Wow. Im quite unaware of what your Governor's orders are assuming that was directed at me.  Im guessing you're a WA resident due to your response from the temporary hospital that was unused. Im am glad to hear there are smart people up there planning. We need more planning

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

It quickly became evident that China had greatly downplayed the virus so we had no way to accurately gauge our preparations. At all levels of government leaders were calling for lots os product, beds and support planning for the worst while hoping for the best. We laid out our best efforts and some were overkill and others not. For as complex and cumbersome as these many problems were America got its duck in order pretty quickly. Now we just have to see this through....... not pull the plug too soon or too fast.

The real gut punch is how much misery and waste could’ve been prevented if China had just owned up to the disease. This is very telling when autocratic leadership makes the wrong choice and their systems prevents any dissenting opinions. A single wrong answer by a single misguided leader has cost $trillions and taken a great many lives. Worst of all - the guy isn’t even sorry.

Not playing into conspiracies though the cards are now being played very well from their position.  Might not have started that way but sure has moved in that direction.  You be the judge

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Too bad antibiotics don't work against any virus. What they do, when indiscriminately dispensed, is build up a whole new set of resistant bacteria pathogens. That is a medical fundamental.

Liked the rest of your post.

Its one part of knocking the fever down, pretty well documented at this point. I haven't read where anyone here has mentioned a virus cure with an antibiotic

• Like 1