Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

4 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Maybe I misread this, no vaccine but Zpac cocktail that will reduce death rate if you have it?

That certainly is possible, they will know what really works, what doesn't by then.

Exactly from what I have read.  The most severe cases are taking the huge lung complication from the virus and are then hindered by a secondary bacteria pneumonia infection that is literally dooming for the worst cases. It does however say that the Z-pak, chloroquine combo has shown some positive results. Which any good news is great news right now. I hope you're right on the vaccine and I certainly hope they have a more positive result than we have had with the flu vaccine for the past 50 years or so. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

You didn't get the memo?  How about the one where I told everyone to stock up on toilet paper? 

In 1951 and 1994 here in Middle Tennessee there were severe ice storms. We had enough trees down on the house that it looked like a doll house stuck in a bush. A friend of mine borrowed my generator for some time as he was without power for about a month. We were without power for I think 7 days. Canada has had severe ice storms as well as many areas in the USA. Now another thing is solar flares. The Carrington Event of 1859 if it happened today would be bad. The solar storm of 2012 was of similar magnitude, but it passed Earth's orbit without striking the planet, missing by nine days.

While disruptive events do not happen all that often they do happen often enough to take steps to prevent problems in your own house hold. I find most city dwellers are oblivious to this and think magic or something will make it all just a minor inconvenience rather than a multi week long heat and food on the table problem. Or something silly like you mean we turned the tap and water did not come out???? Yeah it did not come out and you are cold and have no food no water and no toilet. Preparation is other things too. Dad moved us up to Detroit in the fall of 1967 just after the riots. Suffice it to say if you were not armed you had no way to protect you or your family if the thugs came your way. Detroit never recovered and for some years afterward it was known as the murder capital of the USA. This is where many cities are heading right now and the social disruption will in all likelihood be severe. I would not be in San Fran, Detroit, Chicago, LA, NYC, Philly, or Baltimore and we can all add to that list. Places where severe moral decay is happening and social chaos will inevitably follow and many of those places make it hard to be armed to protect yourself. The cops will not be there to help you do anything but fill out the crime report. You or maybe your survivors if you don't make it.

Years ago I made a plan to move away from all that city mess and danger and while it can be inconvenient to not have Walmarts a block away that is the only downside. A wood stove if needed and 56 acres of woods. Two freezers and they stay pretty full. Deer abound if I need one and my neighbor raises cattle if I need one of those. Gravity flow spring water so I drink good pure fresh water all the time and my toilets flush when the power is out. It is pretty well known that theft and robbery and home invasions carry a very heavy price tag here as all are armed and we are not snow flakes so crime is extremely low. Most of you have never experienced something like the chaos and utter breakdown like the Detroit riots and have no clue how fast it can all get real ugly. Take this wuhan virus nonsense as a wake up call and prepare yourselves and remember geography is the very best step to take. You do not want to live next to a powder keg and wonder if someone or a natural event has a match today.

I would never live in a major urban area like LA or San Fran for instance with the inevitable major earthquake way over due and very few arteries of transportation that will work to feed and water all the city dwellers since the few rail lines and major interstates and utilities will not be working and neither in all likelihood will the port be able to unload vessels. That and all the time people telling me how I have to live. You choose to live in those kinds of places you better have an eye on the social barometer and a room with at least a months worth of what you need to survive. Hank Williams Jr's song "Country Boy Can Survive" has been running through my mind as I type this.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

g.jpg.83e6cda88ccc07894d250c7d8b593142.jpg

Precisely.  Funny the Michigan Governor does want anyone to be self sufficient like planting, taking care of the house, etc.  Something SERIOUSLY wrong with that picture.  What is with the bizarre control?

55 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

Precisely.  Funny the Michigan Governor does want anyone to be self sufficient like planting, taking care of the house, etc.  Something SERIOUSLY wrong with that picture.  What is with the bizarre control?

She also had no radio, TV, smart phone, telephone, washer, dryer, stove, dishwasher, furnace, bathroom, soap, electricity, car, insurance, pills, computer, natural gas, city water, pizza, taco bells, mcdonalds, and the list rolls on.

JJK

• Moderators
That soundbite is not the smartest thing that he's said, but adding the rest of what he said changes it. 

“Every life is valuable, but 500 people out of 29 million and we’re locked down, and we’re crushing the average worker. We’re crushing small business. We’re crushing the markets. We’re crushing this country,” Patrick told interviewer Tucker Carlson Monday night.
“There are more important things than living. And that’s saving this country for my children, and my grandchildren and saving this country for all of us,”

There’s a lot of meaning to what he said when you consider the entire sound bite. I want to know that my children and grandchildren will have something remaining when this is all over.

I don’t really care who he said it to. What does that really matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

So do we all stop driving cars due to the high death rate? Hell no, we won't go.... is your motto? 

Yes we are teetering on the verge of stupidity and insanity at the same time.  Everything gets parsed, diced and sliced to prove a point vs. applying thought to the entire context.  Happening too much these days and nobody will step back and look at the big picture, all the inputs, all the probabilities and repercussions. 

I love things like lets allow everyone to come in and be on the govt. payroll, not fixing our own problems with poverty.  It makes much more sense to pile stuff on top of the current mess like allowing more folks into the country as we're trying to get a handle on this virus.  

Logic and analysis must be missing in teachings now-a-days.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

I’m wondering that myself.

Jumping on the bandwagon to bash a forum member because they don't agree with your political leanings?  Not exactly how a moderator should be acting, don't you think?

• Confused 1

• Moderators
Jumping on the bandwagon to bash a forum member because they don't agree with your political leanings?  Not exactly how a moderator should be acting, don't you think?

No bashing here. It seems that Carl always tries to help you out to no avail. Really has nothing to do with my political leanings and everything to do with statements and quotes being made out of context.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

There’s a lot of meaning to what he said when you consider the entire sound bite. I want to know that my children and grandchildren will have something remaining when this is all over.

I don’t really care who he said it to. What does that really matter?

So, are you willing to sacrifice the lives of any of your children or grandchildren to protect an average worker’s job, a small business, or markets?  I think there are better ways.  How much is a life worth?  The risk-reward equation is not comparable to driving a car. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

So, are you willing to sacrifice the lives of any of your children or grandchildren to protect an average worker’s job, a small business, or markets?  I think there are better ways.  How much is a life worth?  The risk-reward equation is not comparable to driving a car. 

Not quite sure how you arrived at that conclusion. We would give up our lives to insure our children and grandchildren have a future. Hope that’s clear enough for you.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

Not quite sure how you arrived at that conclusion. We would give up our lives to insure our children and grandchildren have a future. Hope that’s clear enough for you.

I think most, if not all, of us would sacrifice ourselves to protect our children but do you recognize that the lives of your children and grandchildren are also placed on the table for that wager?

• Like 1

• Moderators

I think most, if not all, of us would sacrifice ourselves to protect our children but do you recognize that the lives of your children and grandchildren are also placed on the table for that wager?

Once again. Out of context. If I choose to go to work (we are retired and don’t NEED to work) and we sacrifice physical contact with our children and grandchildren to contribute to rebuilding this economy how are we placing their lives on the table? I don’t get it. Maybe I’m missing something here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1