Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

2 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Interesting.  Let's follow the logic above.  "We became the greatest nation because we followed what we laid down for us 200 years ago..."  I thought the complaint was that we  were not following what was laid down to us 200 years ago.

pick & choose...

Happy to see democracy working on the forum. Would like to give all posts a like but, that way might expose me to taking sides with one member or the others views.

Cowardice I know. Think it comes from the  ability to listen to opposing views, and my debate

class. Probably will isolate myself

further having a say now.

Just cannot be saddled with the

luggage of defending one side versus another. No side is good enough without the other in this country. What we are about is respect for life and respect for

each other. Not a party person.

More than two sides anyway.

Not a one way or another.

Just one of those things.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Lay Down Sally...?

nope -In this song, Clapton tries to convince a girl to hang out with him in bed instead of leaving. The song is not typical of Clapton's work, which is often based on the blues.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

I had mentioned once before about my wife becoming a U.S. citizen... The day they had the swearing in ceremony in Atlanta, there were maybe 150 people at the ceremony, representing a multitude of countries. Many of those countries have been treated very poorly by the U.S. over the years. Still, they realized the good things about this country, about coming here and working hard and having a better life than their country of origin. Even with our problems and faults, in many ways, we are ahead of the game.

it's called the United Nations -

23 minutes ago, billybob said:

Happy to see democracy working on the forum. Would like to give all posts a like but, that way might expose me to taking sides with one member or the others views.

Cowardice I know. Think it comes from the  ability to listen to opposing views, and my debate

class. Probably will isolate myself

further having a say now.

Just cannot be saddled with the

luggage of defending one side versus another. No side is good enough without the other in this country. What we are about is respect for life and respect for

each other. Not a party person.

More than two sides anyway.

Not a one way or another.

Just one of those things.

Another nice post.  Because of the way our brains are wired, there’s probably no way to flip someone’s political compass.  I’ve placed a link below to an interesting article, from what most agree would be an objective source, based on research conducted several years ago that illuminates how our political views stem from our brain architecture.  There are numerous articles that can be found by googling “liberal conservative brain” or something similar.  Very enlightening, we can’t win political arguments but we can learn to respect each other since, as a species, our survival relies on both ‘fight or flight” reaction as well as cognitive reasoning.  There are perils and advantages to both responses that hopefully balance out in the long run. 

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/calling-truce-political-wars/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, sputnik said:

I’ve placed a link below to an interesting article, from what most agree would be an objective source, based on research conducted several years ago that illuminates how our political views stem from our brain architecture.

Great article.  Thanks for the link.  That one I read, LOL.

1 hour ago, 000 said:

nope -In this song, Clapton tries to convince a girl to hang out with him in bed instead of leaving. The song is not typical of Clapton's work, which is often based on the blues.

Yes maybe the original poster can help. Just first that I  popped up.

• Like 1

Probably right. Randy, tried to warn you. Read the TOS for this forum.

And thanks for the 40 likes on the 19th but, we can talk without that

sort of thing.

Hope you are doing well and if you follow, we will be hearing from you soon enough. Cheers!