Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

25 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

This is about the saddest thing I’ve read since this all started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well here is another. Of course you wont read this on CNNLOL but read the whole thing including the link to the official NY document. Bonus is that the reporting does not take one sentence out and distort stuff but rather reports and documents. I think it is a deliberate choice to expose the elderly and run the numbers up because as Rahm Emanuel says never let a crisis go to waste. There is plenty of space for Wuhan infected elderly in hospitals in any area of this country so why would they force nursing homes to take Wuhan infected patients unless they are either incredibly stupid, which is possible I suppose, or have malice aforethought which is my choice.

The people who freak out about Trumps "bleach"  comment he did not say are why we have "Caution Hot" labels on hot coffee. They also apparently can become Governors of various states.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pzannucci said:

There is more than one random sampling.  To me that means they are not debunked, just another amount of work that needs examining.  California's study, Mass., etc.  The one on Facebook would be the one I wouldn't hang my hat on.

Until we do more large random samplings, unsolicited, nothing is either true or not.

Current testing not being allowed until we decide if you are the right demographic with 800 additional symptoms that might fit covid, is just garbage.  That's why I can't even look at all the publicity around the "Cases" number.  It is all junk.

I really wish someone would do the right thing and do a real random sample, is several hot spots in the US... NY, LA, Austin, Portland, Atlanta, San Fransico, and Miami.  Those would be the ones I would pay attention to.  This "Cases" number is totally skewed as is the "COVID" induced deaths.

The biggest problem with mass testing for covid19 or the presence of antibodies for covid are the reliability of the tests themselves. This is one reason why they’ve reserved them for those who are symptomatic. A positive test plus symptoms provides a cross check for confidence in the diagnosis. But in the absence of symptoms they apparently have too many false positives and too many false negatives. We need better tests to conduct assay studies of the general population.

And ..........  if having covid19 does not result in immunity then there’s no purpose to testing the population as a whole because the results will mean zilch cuz if you do, or do not have the antibodies you can still get reinfected with the virus.  But it would be nice to understand the true nature of the disease.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Tarheel said:
15 hours ago, dtel said:

Part of what I liked about pilgrimage, you meet someone and stand a foot or two away from and no keyboard or internet between you and them,  they seem to have a different attitude.

I won't name who, but one time we pulled up at the hotel before pilgrimage and opened the trunk to take out the suitcases to bring to the room. A guy walks up and introduce himself, sticking out his hand, I shook it and at the same time told him i think you are an a** hole. He looked quite shocked so I explained why do you have to act like an a** all the time, it get's old.

After harassing him for a few minutes I started feeling guilty he was getting really upset. He promised he would change and asked me to give him a chance so I said sure. I was kind of nice to him the rest of the weekend i felt so bad I gave him such a hard time. 

But it was only one weekend for him and years of dealing with him online for me we have talked since and he seems to be doing better. 

Thanks dtel.....I have been trying.  Thanks for noticing!

You know it was not you Tarheel. :lol:

4 hours ago, MookieStl said:

It must have been a difficult conversation to have, but I have definitely seen an improvement in Tarheel's attitude since then.

Not because of me, probably the LF getting his old hippie beach bum butt straight. We know if there is anything Tarheel will pay attention to it's a female.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Deang said:

It’s not a conspiracy. It’s just old fashioned stupidity and ineptitude - a complete lack of preparedness. 

Well golly garsh Dean why don’t you tell the whole world how it needs to be done correctly cuz they surely do need your wizened help.

6 minutes ago, Deang said:

It’s not a conspiracy. It’s just old fashioned stupidity and ineptitude - a complete lack of preparedness. 

The choices on what to prepare for and with how much money are a problem. We know things will happen and there is a record of things happening but if it happens once every 100 or 200 years what then. The very worst earthquake hazard zone is not out west according to the Geological Survey people but the New Madrid fault. Preparation all up and down the fault line is pitiful and they only recently put restraining cables on bridge overpasses. Without looking into it I doubt highly that seismic refits and earthquake proof construction is mandated in most if not all this area. We know below sea level New Orleans will be drowned but do we make the city move or do those who live there be personally liable for damages to their own property and lives.

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, Deang said:

We have now had as many deaths in a month as the flu takes out in a year - and that’s with mitigation controls in place. 

Still think “it’s just like the flu”?

Look up some flu facts, that far from true.

54 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Well here is another. Of course you wont read this on CNNLOL but read the whole thing including the link to the official NY document. Bonus is that the reporting does not take one sentence out and distort stuff but rather reports and documents. I think it is a deliberate choice to expose the elderly and run the numbers up because as Rahm Emanuel says never let a crisis go to waste. There is plenty of space for Wuhan infected elderly in hospitals in any area of this country so why would they force nursing homes to take Wuhan infected patients unless they are either incredibly stupid, which is possible I suppose, or have malice aforethought which is my choice.

The people who freak out about Trumps "bleach"  comment he did not say are why we have "Caution Hot" labels on hot coffee. They also apparently can become Governors of various states.

forgot to include link.

https://www.breitbart.com/health/2020/04/26/andrew-cuomo-under-fire-for-directive-requiring-nursing-homes-to-accept-coronavirus-patients/#

Straight from Cuomo's State Govt who then whines about not having enough to take care of his people. A deliberate and callous and calculating choice made I think to cause further mayhem or at the very least incredibly stupid.

https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/system/files/documents/2020/03/doh_covid19-_nhadmissionsreadmissions_-032520.pdf

It says in part for those of you who wont look it up.....

"No resident shall be denied re-admission or admission to the NH solely based on a confirmed or suspected diagnosis of COVID-19. NHs are prohibited from requiring a hospitalized resident who is determined medically stable to be tested for COVID-19 prior to admission or readmission."

Now this is the same Cuomo who a week ago or so was talking about g CNN anchor Fredo Cuomo, his Wuhan Virus infected brother, and stating he hoped Fredo had the sense to stay away from his elderly mother. So his mother should be protected but not ours. Who knows by the way if Fredo really is infected considering he gets paid to lie all the time.