Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

When I just read of the famotidine

this morning, reminded me of that sci-fi movie of the 70's. Think of it in a bit. Anyway, all but 2 were not affected by the contagion. A drunk, who down on his luck, had been reduced to Sterno to get high, and a baby that was crying in  the same isolation room, both suffering from acidosis. That was what both had in common...so Viola... science at work. The name of the movie is...

2 hours ago, sputnik said:

The article only scratches the surface, it would take a legion of psychotherapists and an arsenal of re-enactment dolls to delve into the Trump delusion syndrome.

or maybe psychotherapists that are actually examining people and not making vast diagnoses without ever having actually spoken to the people that they have concluded are sick. how much trust would you put in a surgeon that wants to operate on you without every having examined you?  

This guy’s rush to judgment about a large group of people based on his (probably) at best indirect observation of the lunatic fringe render his conclusions as tantamount to saying that winston churchill was a goat because i saw so in a comic book. I may have missed it, but did he mention the lunatic fringe that are far-left leaning and blindly supported other candidates? 

i seriously hope that you apply some critical thinking to these types of articles. 

Sincerely,

A guy that didn’t vote for Trump

• Like 4

On 4/25/2020 at 10:53 PM, DizRotus said:

The anonymity of a keyboard brings out the worst in some people.  Some here will remember Parrot.  IMO, he was one of the most unpleasant people on the forum.  Many years ago I had an opportunity to meet him in person at an audio event at a hotel in Southfield,  MI.  Instead of the arrogant belligerent *** from the forum, he was a scrawny dork who couldn’t punch his way out of a wet paper bag.  After a perfunctory exchanged greeting I avoided him.  He had been mean too mean to too many for too long for me to waste time on him.  I believe he was banned shortly thereafter.

He was mean. He did not suffer fools quietly. Him and I got a long well. My Belles were his rears in his K Horn front multichannel room. He had VRDs and  Lenco turntable. Parrot was over the top right but knew his audio. A dorky book editor.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Audio Flynn said:

He was mean. He did not suffer fools quietly. Him and I got a long well. My Belles were his rears in his K Horn front multichannel room. He had VRDs and  Lenco turntable. Parrot was over the top right but knew his audio. A dorky book editor.

I’m sure he had some nice qualities, but chronic meanness on this forum  made me totally uninterested in getting to know him.  It’s unfortunate that he felt compelled to be a mean bully just because the Internet insulated him from the consequences of his boorish behavior.  I prefer when people treat each other with civility and respect whether interacting face to face or over the Internet.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

I am no fan of Trump. But............    for most of my life I have listened to campaign promises that ended up being so hollow that they could NOT have been sincere in the 1st place. Trump made one huge campaign promise.......  to fix our economy. That is the man’s acumen, like his style or not. And guess what? For the 1st time in my life a leader actually did what he said he could do and in the time frame he knew he had. The world no longer suckles on America’s teat and complains that it wasn’t nutritious enough. Trumps style is rough and confrontational and too reactive. Mental? Well he’s not insane enough to declare wars or pay terrorists. The man is not typical but he absolutely and clearly has America 1st as his mantra.

Hmm, fix the economy? A 4 time bankruptcy loser. The 5 bank CEO's involved with those bankruptcies said he didn't know how much money was going out verses how much money coming in. They did recommend that he farm out his name to make money. All of this information is  available on an older  PBS documentary.

JJK

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KlipschFish said:

The only thing we know for sure is that we don't know anything. So why not be cautious? I'm all for the masks still. And as i pointed to before this, we are not appearing to be all be out of the woods yet.

Agreed! The supposed experts do no know much. In Michigan the median age of fatalities which is hard to find is 76 years. 

Oddly Japan has less than 400 fatalities. Integrity of immune system has allot to do with survival. USA beverages and processed food are horrible for immune health.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Hmm, fix the economy? A 4 time bankruptcy loser. The 5 bank CEO's involved with those bankruptcies said he didn't know how much money was going out verses how much money coming in. They did recommend that he farm out his name to make money. All of this information is  available on an older  PBS documentary.
JJK

This is laughable. He’s such a loser that he can “farm” out his name. What kind of insanity is that? Where is Psychology Today when you need them? Too darn funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

I’m sure he had some nice qualities, but chronic meanness on this forum  made me totally uninterested in getting to know him.  It’s unfortunate that he felt compelled to be a mean bully just because the Internet insulated him from the consequences of his boorish behavior.  I prefer when people treat each other with civility and respect whether interacting face to face or over the Internet.

My wife calls it short man syndrome. LOL I would have not made it 37 years in sales to the auto industry with such a bad attitude. Makes for a lonely life.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dtel's wife said:

This is laughable. He’s such a loser that he can “farm” out his name. What kind of insanity is that? Where is Psychology Today when you need them? Too darn funny.

I would not believe PBS any more than I would believe CNN.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Okay, this was my home for a long time ... there are plenty of sunny and warm days, and there can be others, unless you get sick & die. 

Stay home folks ... let’s get this over with and then we can get back to our normal routine. 

Crowds of beachgoers and surfers flocked to the Huntington Beach coast over the weekend as hot weather descended over the region. While officials urged people to adhere to social distancing measures, local news and various photos shared online indicated that many were less than six feet apart and not wearing face masks or coverings.

Newport Beach lifeguards estimated that roughly 40,000 people arrived on Friday to enjoy the sun. "It's crowded out," Newport Beach lifeguard battalion chief Brian O'Rourke told NBC News, adding that lifeguards haven't encouraged many issues with social distancing as they've been primarily focused on watching the water. "We've had dozens of ocean rescues and hundreds of preventative actions," he said.

Beaches remain closed and empty in Los Angeles County and local officials have requested their citizens refrain from driving to other counties with eased stay-at-home restrictions for sunbathing and beach time.

What was ultimately sad was the fact that as you got to about 100 yards of the water, The fog was so thick it dropped the temps about 20 degrees. And you couldn't see 100 feet. So at least it was cooler near the water!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pzannucci said:

Still mostly worthless.  As you said we know nothing... other than there continue to be cases.  It is going to be that way until we develop immunity or get a cure.

The only time the test numbers are something you can actually refer to is when you can test everyone (or a very large sample) not just sample the folks that show some flu like symptoms.  That's why I just look at the numbers to see that they are going up because if they aren't, there is something wrong.  The hospitalizations and the deaths are the key because we need to keep it manageable so we can reopen stuff.

The more you test, the more you'll find as the random testing has shown so the daily numbers are totally skewed by that.

I don't care about the tests numbers. Some here make a deal out of it. I care that that the number of daily confirmed cases are up, on average over the last 7-8 days. And after 16-17 days of declining numbers. That is a trend in the wrong direction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

JJK

Well, you have to admit one of the common complaints from the left was that the economy was doing too dang good for everyone, with record unemployment lows across almost every political divide you can think of.  That had to be disappointing.  Can you imagine your base actually benefiting from your opposition?  What a horror story!

Some of the left are more recently pushing a strategy to extend the Covid 19 shutdown of the economy by means of a refusal of the working class to go back to work and enrich their powerful owners.  Do you think they'll really do that, and if so do you think it has a chance at succeeding?  

Have you noticed how the Covid stimulus money has been targeted to consumers/employees?  Have you compared this to the way TARP was targeted?  Today is a leftist's dream!  The GOP is practicing "trickle up" economics.

4 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

They knew that there was a shortage of N95 masks that were capable of keeping the virus our IF used correctly and wanted to reserve those for our healthcare workers..... even then they did not have enough. Rather than wearing masks they advised the public to keep separated and essentially isolate.

Absolutely correct and why there was not a call for everyone to wear masks at the time. Did everyone already forget that there was not enough anything to go to all the first responders and medical front line workers? All the diatribe between both parties' governors and the admin over the need for supplies? Did we learn anything since then? Hell yes. As is normal. Now we know more. Is that a difficult concept to grab? Put on your mask when around others. Until we learn differently.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dtel's wife said:

I think one thing we can all agree on is that Fauci mislead us about wearing masks, for whatever reason and at whatever time. Whether you believe the masks are necessary or not necessary we were mislead.

We will not all agree to that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1