Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

35 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Here's California's rules for gatherings at Thanksgiving................

• Gatherings can not have people from more than three households. This includes anyone who is present at the gatherings.
  • Keep the households you spend time with stable. Don’t mix into multiple gatherings.
  • The host should collect names and contact information of attendees for contact tracing.
  • All gatherings must be held outside. People can go inside to use the bathroom.
  • Gatherings “may occur in outdoor spaces that are covered by umbrellas, canopies, awnings, roofs, and other shade structures provided that at least three sides of the space (or 75%) are open to the outdoors.”
  • Gatherings of more than three households can happen at a park or outdoor space.
  • Don’t attend a gathering if you feel sick.
  • Keep physical distance from others and practice hand hygiene.
  • Wear a face mask when you can to stop COVID-19 from spreading.
  • Gatherings should only be two hours or less.
  • “Singing, chanting, and shouting are strongly discouraged.” Those who participate in those activities should wear masks.

Let’s add our own......

- Snot rockets should be limited to a maximum distance of 6 feet and not aimed at another person or animal.

- Turkey sandwiches are prohibited unless made by the person who intends to consume the sandwich. 

3 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Let’s add our own......

- Snot rockets should be limited to a maximum distance of 6 feet and not aimed at another person or animal.

- Turkey sandwiches are prohibited unless made by the person who intends to consume the sandwich. 

I'm big on chanting.  Not quite sure what I'd do if I lived there.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

I ordered these filtration products a while ago and they just shipped. These cost the same as the above mask system but are not at all portable. But they will scrub a smaller room in no time.

https://www.amazon.com/Medify-MA-15-Air-Purifier-filter/dp/B089CNT49C/ref=sr_1_7?crid=1TN3YT4ALPXK0&dchild=1&keywords=medify+air+purifier&s=home-garden&sprefix=Medify%2Caps%2C249&sr=1-7

I'm trying to understand the application here. You would use these where, or in 0lace of what?

I have a MERV 14 to 15 HVAC rated system plus UV, and supposedly that does nothing for surface contamination or aerosol transmission.

Is there some benefit to air pruifiers?

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

I'm trying to understand the application here. You would use these where, or in 0lace of what?

I have a MERV 14 to 15 HVAC rated system plus UV, and supposedly that does nothing for surface contamination or aerosol transmission.

Is there some benefit to air pruifiers?

We’ll keep one at the soldering station to scavenge solder lead fumes. We do not have centralized microfiltration so the 2nd unit will be placed in whatever room we chose. We have a Dyson filtration fan in the bedroom and it makes a huge difference. 

11 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

How long will it be until surveillance cameras are installed on every street to monitor what we do? 

a Canadian Mall GIANT had collected 5 million pictures using face recognition software which is not cheap technology -and they did not say ,  why  , they did it  , so illegally ?  so wearing a mask may not be such a bad idea -

you can multiply this by the number of Malls in North America , gaz stations , convenience stores , etc ,  train stations , and let's not forget the cell phones and intelligent TV's  , and Google that can track you anywhere -anytime ----

https://financialpost.com/technology/canadian-mall-giant-collected-5-million-images-of-shoppers-through-embedded-cameras-in-info-kiosks-say-privacy-watchdogs-these-are-the-malls

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

you can multiply this by the number of Malls in North America , gaz stations , convenience stores , etc ,  train stations , and let's not forget the cell phones and intelligent TV's  , and Google that can track you anywhere -anytime ----

https://financialpost.com/technology/canadian-mall-giant-collected-5-million-images-of-shoppers-through-embedded-cameras-in-info-kiosks-say-privacy-watchdogs-these-are-the-malls

Yep!  It's amazing.  My best advice is to avoid committing serious crimes.  Other than that, they'll just spy on you.

(they probably got a kick out of that 😉)

• Like 1

Sadly parts of America are seeing enough serious covid19 cases that their health systems are nearing full capacity. We saw this in NYC last spring and in other countries as well. In some areas we’re starting to have concerns about access to health services as covid19 commands attention. Once again rationing of services is possible. Some covid19 victims may receive better care than others for a variety of reasons. As usual medical ethicists are prognosticating. Which patients should get top priority and why?

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/rising-covid-cases-means-americans-may-face-health-care-rationing-ncna1246635

Last spring when covid19 was relatively ‘new’ to our community those who got infected did so less by their own doing and more by happenstance. That’s not the situation now. Today we know more about covid19 and how best to try and contain it. This information has been widely shared and advocated and for too many silly reasons been found to be controversial. Masks are clearly the best strategy to curb the spread of covid19. In countries like New Zealand where the population sincerely embraced preventive measures covid19 is well contained.

So the question is this: If you refused to wear masks/etc you refused to assist your community in controlling covid19 and put everyone at risk......   if you got covid19 and required hospitalization should your care be set a a lower priority?

• Like 1