Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

How’s it going? I knew one person who got covid19 from food and his course was less respiratory in presentation. Hope you have some help there as you’re sort of running a clinical setting now. If you don’t have one get a pulse oximeter and see if they’ll prescribe home oxygen now so you’ll have it if you need it. Did the docs give you any sort of care plan or action plan?

They are doing ok today, no change. There was no action plan given, just call if they need anything. However, my wife is an administrator of 5 ERs in the area (that's how we got same day test results) and a close friend is cardiologist and checks on them twice a day.

So that's the near term plan.

• Like 2

My daughter's mother contracted covid and passed away on Monday. In a matter of two weeks it was also complicated with pneumonia and in that short period of time took her life. She was only 46 years old.

My daughter is devastated but strong and doing better. This has really hit home for all of us.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Sad 3

4 minutes ago, SWL said:

My daughter's mother contracted covid and passed away on Monday. In a matter of two weeks it was also complicated with pneumonia and in that short period of time took her life. She was only 46 years old.

My daughter is devastated but strong and doing better. This has really hit home for all of us.

Very sorry.

12 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

They are doing ok today, no change. There was no action plan given, just call if they need anything. However, my wife is an administrator of 5 ERs in the area (that's how we got same day test results) and a close friend is cardiologist and checks on them twice a day.

So that's the near term plan.

I assume you’re attempting to keep them somewhat isolated from others. Hopefully you have an intercom that will allow them to call you 24/7 if they feel they need help. I would obtain a pulse oximeter. Get some baseline values on room air, while at rest. Note their respiratory rate and heart rate, temp during the reading. This way you’ll have a comparison data base if you need to try and grade any changes. Home O2 systems are readily available and simple. O2 concentrators can be DC powered for portability. If they should start struggling to keep O2 saturation levels in the 90’s while breathing room air start to be concerned. Do not delay in getting additional assistance should they start to degrade. Hope all stays benign. Hope for the best - plan for everything else. Be prepared - it’s relatively easy and inexpensive.

35 minutes ago, SWL said:

So sorry to hear the hard news. 

On 11/12/2020 at 11:22 PM, dwilawyer said:

My mom is great, she seems to think that the doctor told her that he thinks she got it from food, and that if transmission is "gastric" it is much less severe. I'm chalking that up to some kind of misunderstanding on her part.

Unless some information has changed, I believe this virus enters through the lungs and if it is swallowed, a person's digestive acids breakdown / kill the virus. A quick search says: 

"Gastrointestinal (GI) symptoms may be the only evidence of COVID-19 coronavirus in a certain subgroup of cases, researchers found."

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/85721

On 11/12/2020 at 11:22 PM, dwilawyer said:

She has them both on a Zinc/B3 something else cocktail.

As far as the something else, it might be K2. From my understanding of the combination, Vitamin D3 maintains healthy levels of calcium in the blood and increases calcium absorption from the digestive tract. Vitamin K2 works in concert with vitamin D3 to keep calcium in bones and out of soft tissues like the heart, joints, and kidneys.

I have been doing the same cocktail of Zinc, D3/K2 for a while as a preemptive measure. 

Hope that they both make a speedy recovery. 

22 hours ago, SWL said:

Very sorry. 

• Moderators
On 11/14/2020 at 7:10 AM, SWL said:

Oh my word. So sorry to hear of this.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Unless some information has changed, I believe this virus enters through the lungs and if it is swallowed, a person's digestive acids breakdown / kill the virus. A quick search says: 

"Gastrointestinal (GI) symptoms may be the only evidence of COVID-19 coronavirus in a cer

That was my understanding as well, but she swears Dr. said if you get it from food . . .  etc. 

Moderna has released the data for its covid19 vaccine and it looks really good. They say they can have 20 million doses available by the end of THIS year if they get approval to distribute. 94% effective. It will require a booster dose. Jeeez from nothing to this in what 10 months time? If you’re not impressed/pleased check your pulse. And with this on the immediate horizon maybe we can collectively get back to complying with the wisest public health guidelines. This is what we’ve been waiting for. So knuckle under and stay healthy, keep your communities healthy. And over this next year medical science will deliver us from covid19.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/11/16/modernas-covid-19-vaccine-is-strongly-effective-early-look-at-data-show/

Once we get covid19 under control I do hope we remember the troubles and misery it caused. I hope we recall how covid19 came to humanity and learn to respect the perils of expanding our cultures into the wilds. Hope we do not forget covid19.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2020 at 8:10 AM, SWL said:

My daughter is devastated but strong and doing better. This has really hit home for all of us

Please accept all our Condolences -Godspeed

3 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Moderna has released the data for its covid19 vaccine and it looks really good. They say they can have 20 million doses available by the end of THIS year if they get approval to distribute. 94% effective. It will require a booster dose. Jeeez from nothing to this in what 10 months time? If you’re not impressed/pleased check your pulse. And with this on the immediate horizon maybe we can collectively get back to complying with the wisest public health guidelines. This is what we’ve been waiting for. So knuckle under and stay healthy, keep your communities healthy. And over this next year medical science will deliver us from covid19.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/11/16/modernas-covid-19-vaccine-is-strongly-effective-early-look-at-data-show/

Once we get covid19 under control I do hope we remember the troubles and misery it caused. I hope we recall how covid19 came to humanity and learn to respect the perils of expanding our cultures into the wilds. Hope we do not forget covid19.

I don’t share your enthusiasm at all.  Antibody dependent enhancement is a definite concern for some.  Then there is the concern for people with autoimmune conditions like leukemia, RA, Lupus, etc. who could be in major trouble if their immune systems ramp into high gear due to some flaw in the messenger RNA.  There are people using steroid immune suppressants who may not be suitable candidates for the vaccine.  Will they be screened in advance?  I doubt it.  I can’t find any disclosure about this in the study populations (were any pregnant?  Remember thalidomide) so how can anyone make an educated choice about taking the vaccines?  With zero liability across the board, it has me a bit worried.  

Maynard 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tube fanatic said:

I don’t share your enthusiasm at all.  Antibody dependent enhancement is a definite concern for some.  Then there is the concern for people with autoimmune conditions like leukemia, RA, Lupus, etc. who could be in major trouble if their immune systems ramp into high gear due to some flaw in the messenger RNA.  There are people using steroid immune suppressants who may not be suitable candidates for the vaccine.  Will they be screened in advance?  I doubt it.  I can’t find any disclosure about this in the study populations (were any pregnant?  Remember thalidomide) so how can anyone make an educated choice about taking the vaccines?  With zero liability across the board, it has me a bit worried.  

Hi Maynard.....     Well we’ve discussed this before. Nothing is risk free and you are correct.....  there have been some huge pharmaceutical mistakes in the past. PhenPhen was another. Still for the most part vaccines have shown their merits to be well worth the risks. And they are typically optional. So I hope everyone is aware of their own tolerances to every drug they may use and every food they may be allergic to. I’d much rather take the covid19 vaccine than read about any other people dying from the disease. And dying they are, about 1,500 daily just in America. I do have confidence in the expedited covid19 vaccine development, its safety and its efficacy. 

54 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Hi Maynard.....     Well we’ve discussed this before. Nothing is risk free and you are correct.....  there have been some huge pharmaceutical mistakes in the past. PhenPhen was another. Still for the most part vaccines have shown their merits to be well worth the risks. And they are typically optional. So I hope everyone is aware of their own tolerances to every drug they may use and every food they may be allergic to. I’d much rather take the covid19 vaccine than read about any other people dying from the disease. And dying they are, about 1,500 daily just in America. I do have confidence in the expedited covid19 vaccine development, its safety and its efficacy. 

But how many who die from the vaccine would have lived if they didn’t take it?  There are situations in which the vaccine will be required as a condition of employment, school attendance, and so on.  Again, will those on whom it is being forced be screened in advance or are they considered expendable?  

Maynard

1 hour ago, tube fanatic said:

But how many who die from the vaccine would have lived if they didn’t take it?  There are situations in which the vaccine will be required as a condition of employment, school attendance, and so on.  Again, will those on whom it is being forced be screened in advance or are they considered expendable?  

Maynard

Die from covid or die from covid vaccine.   Everybody needs to decide for themselves.   The chances are small in both scenarios i would guess.

1 hour ago, tube fanatic said:

Maynard

Thinking that especially in this instance that there will lots of folks watching for safety responses