Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

8 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Wow! We have 5 ICU beds available in our county (94% capacity) and 77% of our Hospital beds are occupied which puts us in the Red Zone for both. Denton County GIS - COVID-19 Information - COVID-19Cases (arcgis.com) This has been the top story for our media for days. 

Hi Zen ... hope you are well my friend. I was just talking to my brother and told him something that my cousin just told me and I hope is true ... with the vaccines on the horizon, hopefully we're at the beginning of the end of this virus.   

my brother's reply was "hopefully it's not like Winston Churchill said "now this is not the end. it is not even the beginning of the end. but it is perhaps, the end of the beginning."

Peace man ... I'll tip the next beer in your honor.  Stay well. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Wow! We have 5 ICU beds available in our county (94% capacity) and 77% of our Hospital beds are occupied which puts us in the Red Zone for both. Denton County GIS - COVID-19 Information - COVID-19Cases (arcgis.com) This has been the top story for our media for days. 

Wait, you're here in DFW? I somehow missed that after all these years.

19 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

Yes, it's getting crazy.  This epidemic will go down in history as the Great Economic Consolidation.

20 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Hi Zen ... hope you are well my friend. I was just talking to my brother and told him something that my cousin just told me and I hope is true ... with the vaccines on the horizon, hopefully we're at the beginning of the end of this virus.   

my brother's reply was "hopefully it's not like Winston Churchill said "now this is not the end. it is not even the beginning of the end. but it is perhaps, the end of the beginning."

Peace man ... I'll tip the next beer in your honor.  Stay well. 

Thanks for the well wishes and we are doing okay given we haven't gotten sick and the two folks that came down with it have recovered. We started out wearing masks and won't be taking them off until at least Summer, which is a drag. Fwiw, I'm not worried about folks at our business getting covid as much as the ramifications of someone getting hurt and going to the hospital. Our injuries are few and far between but...Unfortunately I heard it predicted that it will keep spreading and they predict the peak will be in the middle to end of January...Our cases have tripled in the last few weeks and I don't see how Hospital capacity is going to be able to keep up.

19 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Wait, you're here in DFW? I somehow missed that after all these years.

Oldtimer advised me it would be better if folks didn't know. :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Someone may have posted this earlier, but (having family in the Philippines), we all have heard anecdotal claims of things that can help, cure, protect... from Covid-19.  Lots of folks, including our family, are taking zinc, vitamin D, just trying to eat healthy...

The Philippines last April, did a small study on virgin coconut oil. Ingesting a tsp. a day cut down recovery times by a pretty large amount. 

They think it is the high lauric acid content, that basically breaks down the surface of the virus.

A new study being done now,  of 15ml, twice a day, is supposed to finish up at the end of this month.

Like many things, if it helps, it is relatively cheap and easy to take.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I hope this is the beginning of the end. 

That's a nice sentiment but unfortunately the next two months look grim...I hope you are correct but there still doesn't seem to be a national plan except "wait for the vaccine. " My wife went into Sam's club and quite a few people weren't wearing masks appropriately. Sad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandyH000 said:

, it is , they will vaccine everybody , let's see how many doses the VA will roll out -

I'll be there the first time it is offered to me. Have a few relatives that are worried about being secretly microchipped.  I ask what about their life is so darned exciting to make the govt want to keep that close of tabs on them?  I mean, they already know a lot about us from our phones and internet use. 

I'm not worried a single bit about getting the vaccine ... if I grow boobs next year from it, then I'll start a thread asking which the best bra is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

I'll be there the first time it is offered to me. Have a few relatives that are worried about being secretly microchipped.  I ask what about their life is so darned exciting to make the govt want to keep that close of tabs on them?  I mean, they already know a lot about us from our phones and internet use. 

I'm not worried a single bit about getting the vaccine ... if I grow boobs next year from it, then I'll start a thread asking which the best bra is. 

Modest are you? The best bra is no bra - silly boy .

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

That's a nice sentiment but unfortunately the next two months look grim...I hope you are correct but there still doesn't seem to be a national plan except "wait for the vaccine. " My wife went into Sam's club and quite a few people weren't wearing masks appropriately. Sad.

AIDS was our 1st modern novel pandemic. It was/is far more lethal than covid19. Humanity has understood AIDS for decades now, more precisely exactly how it is transmitted and how it can be prevented. Yet still, today, in America alone we have 30,000 to 40,000 new cases of AIDS annually most of which occur in our homosexual populations. To me this is as incomprehensible as humanities response to covid19. For all the uproar about HIV/AIDS - now that it is understood the same high risk group that snarled the loudest refuses to adopt easily implemented measures to contain the disease. Amazing.

Thinking it comes down to - dumb as a box of doorknobs. People still smoke. People can be tricked into believing that ‘vaping’ is safe, healthy and fun. Inherently humans are the perfect storm of stupid and stubborn and free to decide their own paths in life. And there aren’t any consequences. Refuse to wear a mask where masks are mandated and most communities do nothing. It will be the same with a federal mask mandate. People will also refuse the covid19 vaccines. If those vaccines require routine booster inoculations those will dwindle in time. And as humanity further encroaches on nature we’ll have a new disease and we’ll repeat this covid19 saga, or worse.

It is humane nature and you can’t fix stupid.......  but some certainly know how to take advantage of it.

• Like 1