Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

So The COVID has hit home. A friend and 25 year co-worker passed away last night from COVID. I had heard over 75% of the office of around 25 people had tested positive, all with mild, flu like symptoms. RG apparently had it quite bad, hospitalized, then on a ventilator, then kidney issues. A blood clot to his heart seemed the cause of death — Rest In Peace my Friend

• Sad 4

7 minutes ago, richieb said:

So The COVID has hit home. A friend and 25 year co-worker passed away last night from COVID. I had heard over 75% of the office of around 25 people had tested positive, all with mild, flu like symptoms. RG apparently had it quite bad, hospitalized, then on a ventilator, then kidney issues. A blood clot to his heart seemed the cause of death — Rest In Peace my Friend

Sorry to hear that.  My condolences. 

• Like 1

It's amazing to me that people will refuse to get a vaccination. I remember everybody standing in line to get the polio vaccine, and when that was such a scare at teh beginning, in 1952 we had fewer than 60,000 cases. I'm sure there were folks who refused then, too.

2 minutes ago, Marvel said:

It's amazing to me that people will refuse to get a vaccination.

Feel free to go first.

In April 1955 more than 200 000 children in five Western and mid-Western USA states received a polio vaccine in which the process of inactivating the live virus proved to be defective. Within days there were reports of paralysis and within a month the first mass vaccination programme against polio had to be abandoned. Subsequent investigations revealed that the vaccine, manufactured by the California-based family firm of Cutter Laboratories, had caused 40 000 cases of polio, leaving 200 children with varying degrees of paralysis and killing 10.

Source

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Feel free to go first.

In a heartbeat!

But there will be hundreds, if not thousands before I will be able to get one. I was one of those in the mid fifties who got the polio vaccine. Lucky for me it wasn't from Cutter Labs.

There are far more safeguards in the manufacture and testing of vaccines today. Everything we do is a risk.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, richieb said:

Sorry to hear this news. We know of 2 people taken by covid19. They were both older and suffered many comorbidities. We know many who survived their covid19 episode to varying degrees. I worry about the future - 25 years from now and what ailments may arise because of prior covid19 infections. It’s been a rough year.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I realize the vaccine is probably safe and will be a good thing.  I'm one of those people who doesn't want to take any pharmaceuticals unless my health really depends on it.  I don't get the flu vaccine, either.  One time, I did, and I got the flu.

I get that... but you don't get the flu from the vaccine, it just wasn't the correct vaccine for the strain you contracted. I started getting the flu vaccine three years ago, when I turned 68.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I get that... but you don't get the flu from the vaccine, it just wasn't the correct vaccine for the strain you contracted. I started getting the flu vaccine three years ago, when I turned 68.

The correct answer is that god hates lawyers so he got the flu anyway.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Do they still celebrate Christmas in Hawaii?  Or is just, "Happy Holidays?"

Are you kidding me?  They celebrate everything in Hawaii.  I would wager there are more state holidays by far there than any other state in the union.