Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

Just now, CECAA850 said:

So suppression of information is not censorship?  To me it is.

Only by the government.  To you then, you are ignoring your own postulation.  How do you know it is suppressed, unless someone has reported it.  And that someone is allowed to report it without being arrested by the government.  You, or I can say whatever we want, or not say whatever we want, without being hassled by the government.  If we were, it would be censorship.  Otherwise, it is the first amendment right of free speech.

Klipsch in this forum can and has deleted and hidden posts which it does not wish to present to the public, or even the members here.  As a former mod you are well aware of this.  Do you call it censorship, or more properly corporate control of their product?  Now, if you are able, extrapolate the concept to every other private citizen and business in the country.  Then you might get it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

So suppression of information is not censorship?  To me it is.

the media is in charge of bringing out the information no matter what censorship is being enforced , if they do not do their job . it is not censorship  but an unwillingness of publishing the truth -

• Like 1

Just now, RandyH000 said:

the media is in charge of bringing out the information no matter what censorship is being enforced , if they do not do their job . it is not censorship  but an unwillingness of publishing the truth -

It is a good way to start off the year. Getting fired!

• Haha 1

Just now, RandyH000 said:

Ah, thé Voice of reason… LOL

1 minute ago, RandyH000 said:

As a business entity, the only thing they are in charge of is making money.  This is the USA.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

How can you see something that's censored, LOL.  (I say, I say, I say that's a joke son).

I get it but we do know what kind of information is trying to be discouraged in ACTUAL regulated media and oldtimer' s correct on what Goverment DID try and censor.

13 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Stories that don't get reported due to media bias is the same thing as censorship.  It's a slippery slope.

That's not true. Once again I am talking about regulated media and elected officials who should govern by the same criteria....Social media is where misinformation abounds and individual companies are trying to clean it up or branch out to the Parlers of the internet. Afaik, none of that is being government censored. 

6 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

But the Mainstream media is vast and has multi-ownerships with competing interests. They also have editing and editorial obligations that are industry standard. On top of that they also have freedom of speech opinions as well.

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Well, we don't have government controlled media, yet so ok.

The slippery slope comes from people who think we should.  Some seem to think it should be a public utility, with controlled regulation.  That, my good friend, is when censorship will rear its ugly head.

• Like 1